Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Southern conservatives have always loved to argue that "States' Rights" includes crossing into other states to violated their sovereignty if you opposed them. From Fugitive Slave laws to Fugitive Trans laws, they want to tell you what to do while not letting you tell them what to do.

Tale as old as time and all that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dumbasses:

Business backlash pushing GOP to weaken anti-ESG proposals

Conservative Republicans who want to thwart socially and environmentally conscious investing are now being pushed to water down their proposals after backlash from powerful business groups and fears that state pension systems could see huge losses.

In both Kansas and Indiana, where the GOP has legislative supermajorities, bankers associations and state chambers of commerce criticized the strongest versions of anti-ESG legislation currently under consideration as anti-free market.

In Kansas, their opposition prompted a Senate committee’s chair to drop the toughest version of its bill — applying anti-ESG rules to firms handling private investments — before hearings began this week. He also canceled a Thursday discussion of a milder version of an anti-ESG bill after the head of the state pension system for teachers and government workers warned that it could see $3.6 billion in losses over 10 years if the bill were passed.

And last month, legislative researchers in Indiana reported that its pension system expected the first version of a House bill to cost the system $6.7 billion over 10 years, prompting lawmakers to rewrite it before the chamber passed it.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

No. That's just woke CRT nonsense you groomer. It's obviously just Florida's State Right to ignore the rights of other states. Florida Uber Alles after all.

Whoah, so Jello Biafra had the wrong state the whole time!

• Haha 2

Warrant issued for former Maryland chief of staff McGrath for failing to appear in court

Roy McGrath’s federal corruption trial is on indefinite hold after the former aide to former Gov. Larry Hogan (R) failed to come to court.

McGrath was expected to appear in a Baltimore courtroom for the first day of what was anticipated to be a two-week trial. Instead, U.S. District Court Judge Deborah Boardman issued an arrest warrant and sent the jury home.

Under the terms of McGrath’s pretrial release, he promised to appear in court. Boardman said McGrath’s failure to appear violated those terms.

“Let’s hope he’s safe and there’s some mix-up,” she said.

The terms of McGrath’s pretrial release required him to surrender his passport to the U.S. District Court clerk’s office in Fort Myers, Florida, near his home, in October 2021 and acquire no new passport. The order also required his wife to transfer a firearm and required McGrath to undergo “medical or psychiatric treatment as required by Pretrial Services.

On Jan. 23, the requirement for medical treatment was stricken after a request from McGrath’s attorney.

Joseph Murtha, McGrath’s attorney, said he had attempted throughout the morning on Monday to reach his client and his wife.

“Most importantly, I’m concerned. I’m hoping he’s safe,” Murtha said. “These situations are very stressful, the uncertainty of going to trial can cause people to do things many people don’t think are appropriate. We hope that he’s safe.”

Roy McGrath's wife is 'concerned for his well-being' as federal manhunt continues

The wife of Roy McGrath, now a wanted fugitive and ex-chief of staff for former Gov. Larry Hogan, is cooperating with law enforcement as the manhunt continues after McGrath failed to appear for his federal fraud trail in Baltimore.

The U.S. Marshals Service issued a wanted poster for McGrath Tuesday afternoon, and sources tell FOX45 News search for McGrath is now a multi-state, multi-agency effort with FBI agents also involved in the investigation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, China said:

Warrant issued for former Maryland chief of staff McGrath for failing to appear in court

Roy McGrath’s federal corruption trial is on indefinite hold after the former aide to former Gov. Larry Hogan (R) failed to come to court.

McGrath was expected to appear in a Baltimore courtroom for the first day of what was anticipated to be a two-week trial. Instead, U.S. District Court Judge Deborah Boardman issued an arrest warrant and sent the jury home.

Under the terms of McGrath’s pretrial release, he promised to appear in court. Boardman said McGrath’s failure to appear violated those terms.

“Let’s hope he’s safe and there’s some mix-up,” she said.

The terms of McGrath’s pretrial release required him to surrender his passport to the U.S. District Court clerk’s office in Fort Myers, Florida, near his home, in October 2021 and acquire no new passport. The order also required his wife to transfer a firearm and required McGrath to undergo “medical or psychiatric treatment as required by Pretrial Services.

On Jan. 23, the requirement for medical treatment was stricken after a request from McGrath’s attorney.

Joseph Murtha, McGrath’s attorney, said he had attempted throughout the morning on Monday to reach his client and his wife.

“Most importantly, I’m concerned. I’m hoping he’s safe,” Murtha said. “These situations are very stressful, the uncertainty of going to trial can cause people to do things many people don’t think are appropriate. We hope that he’s safe.”

Roy McGrath's wife is 'concerned for his well-being' as federal manhunt continues

The wife of Roy McGrath, now a wanted fugitive and ex-chief of staff for former Gov. Larry Hogan, is cooperating with law enforcement as the manhunt continues after McGrath failed to appear for his federal fraud trail in Baltimore.

The U.S. Marshals Service issued a wanted poster for McGrath Tuesday afternoon, and sources tell FOX45 News search for McGrath is now a multi-state, multi-agency effort with FBI agents also involved in the investigation.

This is wild...and might get really interesting.

Michigan prosecutor mulls charging Lapeer library over LGBTQ book

Lapeer County Prosecutor John Miller says he may file criminal charges against employees or officials of the Lapeer District Library if an LGBTQ-themed graphic novel isn’t removed from the shelves.

Miller told Bridge Michigan on Monday the illustrations in the book “Gender Queer: A Memoir” could rise to the level of accosting, enticing or soliciting a child for immoral purpose, a felony punishable by up to four years in prison.

“I hope that is not the outcome of this,” Miller said. “I want this to come to a conclusion” that the community agrees on that would “remove the book from the library.”

The threat of criminal charges against librarians is believed to be a first in the state, and is an escalation of cultural wars that have spread across public and school libraries in Michigan over the past year.

The book, an LGBTQ-themed graphic novel with illustrations of sex acts, has caused controversy in libraries in Michigan and across the country, and Miller’s threat follows a controversy over the book that has brewed since fall in this rural county in Michigan’s Thumb. 

Miller cited the specific criminal code — 750.145a — he believed the book’s presence in a public library could violate. 

The law is often associated with police sting operations of adults who prey on minors, barring enticing anyone under 16 "to commit an immoral act, to submit to an act of sexual intercourse or an act of gross indecency or to any other act of depravity or delinquency.”

Amy Churchill, director of the library, said she’s undeterred by Miller’s threat.

“I have heard, if he could, he’d arrest me. He’s trying to intimidate us,” she told Bridge.

“I am not hard to find,” she added. “If Mr. Miller wishes to arrest me, I am in my office working for the patrons and staff of the Lapeer District Library Monday through Friday.”

• Thumb down 1

Briahna Joy Gray BREAKS the brain of Rising guest Bethany Mandel by asking her to define "wokeness"

I bet it really is "hard to explain" the conservatives definition of woke without sounding like a complete racist, sexist, or homophobe. Especially when you're a Nazi sympathizer like Bethany. 🤷‍♂️

image.png.25ba80a4a32133c4ff69119bc32c0146.png

• Haha 1

@spjunkies

May she never be given a platform again.  My gosh.. Paid schill without convictions?  Who the heck is funding these people.  

Where I am from that would get you the "sorry, you're done, stop talking" treatment...

"Woke is a term I use to describe any thoughts, ideas and policy that doesn't conform to my anti-everything but white people world view."  

But I don't want to say that in 15 seconds because it sounds horrible.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1