Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

The farmer whose complaint sparked the theft charge is one of four dog breeders in Amish country, flanking the Susquehanna River in southern Pennsylvania, who told The Post that they received bad checks bearing Santos’s name that month. The checks were used to buy golden retrievers, German shepherds and Yorkshire terriers. The other three breeders said they did not file police reports and were never paid. 

Shown photographs of Santos, the farmer in York County and another of the breeders The Post contacted identified him as the man they said wrote the checks. Two others said they could not tell whether it was him because they had seen him only one night in the dark more than five years ago. All spoke on the condition of anonymity to guard their privacy. 

The recipients of the five other checks could not be reached. 

Tiffany Bogosian, the lawyer friend who has stayed in touch with Santos since they attended junior high school together, said in an interview that he called her in a panic one day in February 2020, during his first run for Congress. He told her that New York City law enforcement officials had informed him that he was wanted in Pennsylvania regarding bad checks and needed to report there immediately. He sent her copies of the nine checks, she said. 

Bogosian said Santos wanted to keep the case quiet because he was in the middle of his first congressional campaign. “He said if this comes out it will be a scandal,” she said

16 minutes ago, Bang said:

Chances he took the puppies to the basement of a local pizza joint and drank their blood after some light bondage fun:

84%

~Bang 

I think I read, he bought the puppies like one day before a "charity" he ran, had a dog adoption event. 

Be willing to bet that what he did, was he sold puppies that he hadn't paid for. 

Willing to bet his charity didn't actually give any money to charity, either. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I think I read, he bought the puppies like one day before a "charity" he ran, had a dog adoption event. 

Be willing to bet that what he did, was he sold puppies that he hadn't paid for. 

I think I read that the charity the money was supposed to be for, the authorities could not find any record of it existing.

Santos is exactly what Trump would be if Trump hadn't been born rich. He'd be a serial con man and small time grifter who drifts from one thing to the next to scrape whatever money he can before moving on.

They're both too stupid to actually do any huge money long term business cons, but also amoral enough to be able to make an ok living at it by sheer bulk of small grifts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Nah, I'm going with he ****ed and ate them.

~Bang

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

On 1/24/2023 at 7:16 PM, China said:

James Comer’s rare skill: He can connect Hunter Biden to anything

Rep. James Comer, the new Republican chairman of the House Oversight Committee, appeared on Fox News over the weekend, and shared a few thoughts on some diamond Hunter Biden received from a Chinese businessman several years ago. Here was the pitch the GOP congressman took to Fox’s viewers:

I’m going to assume that was a rhetorical question.

In context, the Oversight Committee chairman’s comment about “these documents” was in reference to President Joe Biden, or at least those who packed his belongings in years past, handling classified materials several years ago in a sloppy way. In other words, the ongoing presidential controversy, as far as Comer is concerned, might secretly be connected to the Democrat’s son.

This is a weird theory, to be sure, but it’s also quite predictable. I’m reminded of a column from The Washington Post’s Dana Milbank, published last spring, examining Comer’s signature preoccupation.

“So, to recap,” Milbank explained, pointing to the GOP congressman’s rhetoric, “Hunter Biden controls cobalt in Congo, fentanyl in Mexico, coronavirus in Wuhan and war in Ukraine. It is just a matter of time until Republicans find a Hunter Biden angle in Jeffrey Epstein’s demise and UFOs off the coast of California. ‘Where’s Hunter?’ went the popular refrain at Trump rallies. Now we know. In the Republican imagination, Hunter is everywhere.”

Note, exactly one day after House Republicans secured their majority after the 2022 midterm elections, Comer held a news conference to tell reporters that his Hunter Biden conspiracy theories were “kind of a big deal.”

Click on the link for the full article

House panel leader suggests DOJ delay Hunter Biden probe

It appears some of the same people who have spent years calling for federal authorities to investigate and indict Hunter Biden now want the Justice Department to hit the brakes.

Politico reported Wednesday that Rep. James Comer, chair of the House Oversight Committee, suggested that the DOJ hold off on an indictment against Biden — if it finds evidence of crimes — until Republicans can complete their own probe. Criminal charges could hinder the congressional investigation.

If federal prosecutors move forward with a case, Comer said the House panel could pivot to focus more heavily on other family members.

“If they indict Hunter Biden, there’s still a lot of stuff out there. And say we can’t touch anything (Hunter Biden-related), it freezes up all the evidence — there’s still a lot of stuff out there,” Comer said in the interview with Politico.

John Yoo, former deputy assistant attorney general in the Office of Legal Counsel, says he would be surprised if the DOJ gave serious consideration to a delay at the request of Congress. He joined “Dan Abrams Live” on Friday to talk about the parallel investigations and separation of powers.

Click on the link for video

• Haha 2

True story. Francis Scott Key was a pro slavery anti-abolitionist who thought free Africans in the USA should go back to Africa. It shouldn't be too hard to understand why some people think the SSB is problematic (especially if you ever read the words of the other verses that were eventually dropped because the song was deemed too "anti British" but not too pro slavery).

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1