Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Hunter Biden lawyer uses Trump's favorite excuse to deny GOP access to his records

A n attorney representing Hunter Biden is taking a page out of former President Donald Trump's playbook to deny Republicans in the House of Representatives access to his business records.

In a letter sent to House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comey (R-KY), attorney Abbe Lowell argued that his committee's request for business records was a "sweeping attempt to collect an expansive array of documents and communications from President Joe Biden and his family."

Furthermore, wrote Lowell, the committee's request for these records "lacks a legitimate legislative purpose and oversight basis for requesting such records," and thus should not be honored."

As Punchbowl News' Jake Sherman writes, this argument should sound familiar to any observer who has been following Democrats' attempts over the years to investigate the actions of former President Donald Trump.

"Precisely the excuse Republicans cited when they decided not to participate in the Jan. 6 committee hearing," Sherman notes. "Also, what Trump said about Ways and Means getting his tax returns."

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China

Rep. Nancy Mace scorches Washington in brutal roast: 'I love exercising 1st Amendment rights'

n her speech before the Washington Press Club Foundation on Wednesday night, Rep. Nancy Mace, R-S.C., launched into an uncommonly sharp comedic monologue that skewered just about everyone from gun-loving Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., to progressive Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn.

At one point, she turned toward Rep. Maxwell Frost, D-Fla., the first member of Gen Z elected to Congress. “He’s 25 years old,” she joked. “F*** you. I have stretch marks your age.”

Mace ended her routine with a risky joke about the violent Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol in 2021. “I know everyone thinks Republicans aren’t funny. But if you get a bunch of us together, we can be a real riot.”

Some laughed. Some gasped. So it went.

The following morning, she was praised by the New Republic for “genuinely solid quips,” although Axios suggested that her Republican-focused jokes “were so sick that it could put her in hot water” with GOP leaders, who have tended to be wary of her high profile and independence.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 7

Larry The Cable Guy Defends Joke About GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (msn.com)

Larry the Cable Guy on Thursday had to explain a joke about far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) after he received backlash on Twitter.

The comedian, real name Daniel Lawrence Whitney, tweeted four photographs of Greene heckling Joe Biden during the president’s State of the Union address this week and wrote:

“This pic reminds me of every comedians x girlfriend coming to their show and sitting in the back 6 days after the breakup.”

“This wasn’t a political joke! Unbelievable. Lighten up some of you sheesh,” he wrote. “It was about a comedian getting heckled by his x at the club. She had all the gestures.”

“Some of you def don’t follow me or you’d think twice on your dumb comments,” he added.

Cancel culture, amirite?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4