Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I know there was some accusations but was there any actual proof he was a child rapist?  I feel like that is a term that should not be thrown around easily.

I think this or the Politico article were posted in the Gaetz thread indicating that DOJ wasn't going to prosecute Gaetz.  That doesn't mean that there's no evidence or that he's not guilty. It just means that the DOJ doesn't like to sully their 99.6% conviction rate and viewed getting a conviction as possibly problematic because witnesses (like Greenberg) were scumbags guilty of multiple other crimes, which doesn't make them reliable enough in a court of law.

From the NYT:

Mr. Greenberg has told federal authorities that he witnessed Mr. Gaetz have sex with the 17-year-old girl and that she was paid.

Edited by China
  • Thanks 1

RNC Challenger Attacking High-Dollar Consultants Despite Being One Herself

Would-be Republican National Committee Chair Harmeet Dhillon on Tuesday continued her attacks on the party’s highly paid consultants — despite receiving $1.3 million in RNC payments to her law firm over the past four years.

“They’re so married to that sweet, sweet cash,” she said from the stage at the conservative youth group Turning Point USA’s “America Fest” conference. “They get paid whether they win or lose. Now, I run a small business. I’m a partner in a law firm that I founded. We don’t get paid whether we win or lose. They get paid whether they do a good job or not. Most of us don’t.”

“If our money isn’t going to candidates, it needs to go to the grassroots activists. That’s going to be my pledge as the chair of the party,” she added.

What Dhillon did not mention at the event, though, is that her firm has been paid $1,333,967 by the RNC ever since she appeared at former President Donald Trump’s “social media” summit at the White House in July 2019, according to a HuffPost analysis of Federal Election Commission filings.

Dhillon now also represents the coup-attempting former president personally and has received $360,575 from his various political committees. 

Click on the link for the full article

11 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

His handlers told him that attacking the man's clothes was one of the talking points. 

9 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I know there was some accusations but was there any actual proof he was a child rapist?  I feel like that is a term that should not be thrown around easily.

While I agree with your caution. I believe you're talking about someone who, when the facts came out, suddenly decided to marry the woman who he had sex with, when she was 17. So she could refuse to tell the truth under oath. 

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

While I agree with your caution. I believe you're talking about someone who, when the facts came out, suddenly decided to marry the woman who he had sex with, when she was 17. So she could refuse to tell the truth under oath. 

Thanks.  I didn't remember all that.  I just remembered there being some smoke.

@Larry

That's not precisely correct and I feel odd that I knoe enough facts on this creep to correct you.

His is accused of crime in 2017/2018.  His ex-girlfriend testified (they had an open relationship) as he spoke about other women.  His now wife may have information, but she's not the victim...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Unfortunately, no.  He married the sister of an old friend of mine.

2 hours ago, Bang said:

Some Christmas arrests would be SO delicious.

Ho-Ho-Hold it right there.

~Bang

INDICT THIS CHRISTMAS

(to the tune of White Christmas)

I'm dreaming of an indictment Christmas
Just charge the ones that ran the show
Where the hand cuffs glisten
And DOJ listens
To hear Trumpsters say “No, oh, no!”

I said, I'm dreaming of an indictment Christmas
With every referral that they write
May their days be very long and confined
And may all the Trumpsters not sleep tonight

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

What a waste of tax payer money. The Repubs keep complaining that this country doesn’t have money for this and that, meanwhile they keep pulling stupid political stunts with tax payer money. 

i wish the assholes would grow the hell up

Some shipping containers stacked with a crane is a few dollars compared to what the government is spending on this immigration crisis. I thought people needed visas, passports and background checks to get into a country so quickly....

Party politics. Both sides are totally against what the other side is doing regardless what it actually means in the long run