Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

On 10/18/2022 at 2:46 PM, China said:

Trump Just Blew Up His Rape Lawsuit Defense

Former President Donald Trump’s recent online tirade against E. Jean Carroll might have been a really bad idea. 

That’s because the move appears to have blown a new hole in Trump’s best defense against the magazine columnist’s lawsuit, in which Carroll accuses Trump of defamation by denying her accusation that he raped her in a New York department store over two decades ago. 

Trump’s lawyers have argued for months that he can’t be held personally responsible in the suit because his denial took place during his presidency, and therefore fell under his official duties as president. But by repeating his denial last week in an online tirade posted on his social media site, Truth Social, and blasted out in an emailed statement, Trump essentially re-upped the activity at the heart of the lawsuit—at a moment when he’s not the president anymore. 

Click on the link for the full article

He just doesn't know when (or how) to shut up.  

Trump Hasn’t Agreed To DNA Testing Yet, But Niece Mary’s DNA Might Do Just Fine In E. Jean Carroll Case

Interesting how Donald Trump is reluctant to provide a DNA sample when such sample could exonerate him, right? You would think he would be jumping to provide it and rid himself of at least one legal headache, right? Wrong.

Trump sat for a deposition in the E. Jean Carroll defamation case Wednesday at Mar-a-Lago. Insider:

WHETHER TRUMP COOPERATED OR PLEADED THE FIFTH AS HE WAS QUESTIONED AT HIS PALM BEACH, FLORIDA RESORT AND RESIDENCE REMAINED A MYSTERY EARLY WEDNESDAY NIGHT. BUT HE MAY WELL HAVE, AS THE STAKES IN THE CASE ARE ABOUT TO RISE.

BUT TRUMP MAY WELL HAVE ASSERTED HIS RIGHT NOT TO INCRIMINATE HIMSELF DURING WEDNESDAY’S DEPOSITION, GIVEN CARROLL’S PROMISE — MADE THROUGH HER LAWYER, ROBERTA KAPLAN,  LAST MONTH — TO ADDITIONALLY SUE HIM FOR RAPE AS SOON AS A NEW YORK LAW TEMPORARILY SUSPENDING THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR SEX ASSAULT LAWSUITS TAKES EFFECT NOVEMBER 24. […]

SHE ALLEGED TRUMP HAD CHATTED HER UP AFTER RECOGNIZING HER IN THE STORE, ASKED HER FOR ADVICE ON SHOPPING FOR LINGERIE, AND THEN MANEUVERED HER INTO A FITTING ROOM, WHERE HE OVERPOWERED HER. SHE HAS SAID IN COURT PAPERS THAT SHE KEPT THE DRESS SHE WORE THAT DAY, AND HAS SOUGHT TRUMP’S DNA FOR CONFIRMATION.

DNA on a dress is a real game changer. Bill Clinton will tell you that.

Now here is where it get comical. The Twitterverse is all a flutter today with the idea of comparing the DNA on Carroll’s dress to Mary Trump’s DNA, in the event that Donald won’t cooperate — which it looks like he won’t.

FfiIwOeX0AA8i6e?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

Insider asked 38 Republicans whether they're concerned about growing anti-Semitic sentiments in their party. Their responses included silence, deflection, and rehashing old statements.

Insider contacted more than three dozen Republicans, both in and out of Congress, to find out what's kept them from denouncing recent antisemitic outbursts by the party's current idols.

Almost everyone ignored the multiple emails, calls, and text messages asking whatever happened to the cookie-cutter "there's-no-place-for-INSERT DESPICABLE THING-in-the-Republican-party" statements politicians typically fired off as soon as someone baselessly attacked anyone's race, religion or ethnicity.

Insider reached out to House Republican leaders, GOP senators auditioning for the 2024 presidential race, the Republican National Committee, retired GOP lawmakers, seasoned Republican strategists and former Donald Trump administration officials about this disturbing phenomenon.

The non-respondents included RNC chair Ronna McDaniel, former Vice President Mike Pence, National Republican Senatorial Committee chair Rick Scott, House Republican Conference chair Elise Stefanik, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, and former Speaker Newt Gingrich, among others. The brush-offs ranged from total radio silence to promises to circle back "if we're able to provide comment by your deadline" to immediate hang-ups and finger-pointing at Democrats.

• Like 1

On one hand, I hate seeing how racist this country has become. I guess, it’s always been that way. I knew it was bad, but i believe it is worse now compared to the past couple of decades. I say worse because a lot of people have found that it’s ok to come out as human trash. I think it’s really scary to be comfortable enough to come out. Unfortunately, it will get other people to follow.

But, on the other side, It has released some people’s true intentions and hatred. It only helps to realize that you have been interacting with these people not realizing that their values (if you want to call it that) are way different than your own.

As far as the antisemitic posts above, I wish a a couple of those people didn’t wear masks and stood behind their beliefs. I think, provided you’re not tortured and murdered like Iranian women, you shouldn’t have to hide behind a mask. Those people are afraid for the world to see what pieces of **** they are. They’re not fighting for a righteous cause. They know what they are doing is wrong, yet they still do it. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1