Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Its an assumption. I haven't heard one lib support Russia. They've all been conservatives. Russia is conservative.

While I'm making an assumption, I do think it's one that is easy to come to in our country today.

How many conservatives have you seen that are so bold as to fly a controversial flag but not so bold to put one Trump, Let's Go Brandon, etc sticker on said vehicle?

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Also, I'm not closed minded. I used to be. I used to be Republican as well. Things change. 

I used to be a republican also.  Not being one any longer does not make open-minded as you have so well displayed. 

17 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

If I'd have recognized the Russian flag on that truck rolling down the road, I would certainly wonder why.  But he's missing so many of the other magat/hardcore rightie telltale signs that I might not have lept to the same conclusion.  Could be Russian american and stupidly faithful to the old country like many are.

I just got back from elk camp in the remote mountains of NM and one camp we passed had the **** Biden flag and a no neck having old boy rolled into our camp on his side by side wearing that hat I mentioned above (**** joe and the hoe).  Such a soft spoken friendly ol douchebag too.  It's crazy all over.

Yeah, I get that he's missing the Maga stuff. But, just personal experience, My family that is crazy MAGA don't have stickers on their car either. I think that's mostly due to them worrying about their vehicles being vandalized. Which is a logical worry. 

The thing we can tell from that photo is he's an ex military member that supports Russia. 

I think proudly displaying the Russian flag is at minimum ignorance. Since when do people in this country support Russia?

I've never seen a Russian flag anywhere here outside of government buildings.  I didn't start hearing pro Russia stuff until about 7-8 years ago and its been from the same group of people. It has only gotten louder.

I do concede that I made an assumption and it is possibly an error. Assumption, the whole you made an ass out of u and me thing. I'm  not usually an assumption guy, but the political climate  does steer one to a certain belief.

He could also be just trolling libs, which is dumb as well.

But we'll never know the story behind this. I would much rather see a **** Biden flag at this point  than a Russian flag. 

20 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

How many conservatives have you seen that are so bold as to fly a controversial flag but not so bold to put one Trump, Let's Go Brandon, etc sticker on said vehicle?

I used to be a republican also.  Not being one any longer does not make open-minded as you have so well displayed. 

So you are assuming that a person bold enough to fly a controversial flag and is at the same time conservative needs to have the Maga stuff as well?

Sounds like you're not so open minded. 

No worries, I understand you're better than me. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Marjorie Taylor Greene Tries to Take a Stand for ‘Confederate Soldiers’ Using Monument to Union Troops

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene tried to make a show of herself standing up for Confederate soldiers and “our nation’s history” on Tuesday night but failed spectacularly and instead revealed her own confusion about the Civil War. The MAGA representative visited the Wilder Brigade Monument in Georgia to claim that the memorial recognizes “Confederate soldiers.” But despite Greene’s apparent rush to pay her respects to what she believed was a Confederate monument, the monument actually pays tribute to Union troops that battled the Confederates. The Union Amy's John T. Wilder unit — later nicknamed the Lightning Brigade— took the fight to Confederate troops during the Civil War. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

But, just personal experience, My family that is crazy MAGA don't have stickers on their car either.

Sounds like anecdotal evidence. Here is some light reading.

https://mlelawfirm.com/blog/anecdotal-v-empirical-evidence/#:~:text=Anecdotal evidence is evidence from,or the experiences of friends.

5 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

think proudly displaying the Russian flag is at minimum ignorance.

I agree with this.

5 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

do concede that I made an assumption and it is possibly an error. Assumption, the whole you made an ass out of u and me thing. I'm  not usually an assumption guy, but the political climate  does steer one to a certain belief.

I agree.  And I wasn't trying to be a dick.  I said later that if I had to bet, I'd probably go the same way.  But realizing something is more likely isn't the same as just assuming that something is true.  I think that its easy to get caught up in probable assumptions but we all need to also help provide course correction to those who make the mistake.

6 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

So you are assuming that a person bold enough to fly a controversial flag and is at the same time conservative needs to have the Maga stuff as well?

I wasn't making an assumption though.  I was pointing out possible faults in your assumption.  The article above discusses this.

6 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

No worries, I understand you're better than me. 

Well it sounds like you've completed the first step, acceptance. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Weren't  you asking for anecdotal evidence?

"How many conservatives have you seen that are so bold as to fly a controversial flag but not so bold to put one Trump, Let's Go Brandon, etc sticker on said vehicle?"

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

There was a conservative meme going around a few months ago: "Do you have student debt? Well you do now!" 

I guess I'll patiently wait for the follow-up meme: "Do you have agricultural debt? Well you do now!"

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, China said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene Tries to Take a Stand for ‘Confederate Soldiers’ Using Monument to Union Troops

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene tried to make a show of herself standing up for Confederate soldiers and “our nation’s history” on Tuesday night but failed spectacularly and instead revealed her own confusion about the Civil War. The MAGA representative visited the Wilder Brigade Monument in Georgia to claim that the memorial recognizes “Confederate soldiers.” But despite Greene’s apparent rush to pay her respects to what she believed was a Confederate monument, the monument actually pays tribute to Union troops that battled the Confederates. The Union Amy's John T. Wilder unit — later nicknamed the Lightning Brigade— took the fight to Confederate troops during the Civil War. 

Click on the link for the full article

this was a great response:

image.png.8afbd1e1eb741737efa4d6523f672bdb.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

An attempt to make a Confederacy-promoting right-wing super hero movie has reportedly "ended in disaster" after $1 million in funders' money has gone completely missing.

The Daily Beast's Will Sommer reports that the planned movie, called "Rebel's Run," was based on a comic book character created by far-right blogger Vox Day that features a hero named Rebel who is "sometimes depicted in a Confederate flag bustier" and who fights against "a global police force hunting down freethinking conservatives."

The film's troubles started when Day, whose given name is Theodore Beale, decided to use a Utah-based firm called Ohana Capital Financial to hold the $1 million he'd raised in donations for the movie in escrow.

Beale went with Ohana because it was a rare financial institution who would do business with him given his long history of unabashed racism and sexism.

This story is bonkers. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 4