Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

GOP Rep. Dan Crenshaw: Election Deniers Admit It's A Lie Behind Closed Doors

Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Texas) revealed what election deniers actually say behind closed doors as a slew of reality-defying candidates run as Republicans in next week’s 2022 midterms.

“It was always a lie. The whole thing was always a lie. And it was a lie meant to rile people up,” the Texas Republican said of the lie that Donald Trump was cheated by widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election during the latest episode of his “Hold These Truths” podcast.

“I’ve talked about this ad nausea, it really made me angry,” the former Navy SEAL told election reform advocate Nick Troiano. “Because I’m like, the promises you’re making that you’re gonna challenge the Electoral College and overturn the election, there’s not even a process for you to do that. It doesn’t even exist.”

“So I was like, ‘What the hell are we doing?’ And I would tell that to people kinda behind closed doors too. Especially a lot of the rabble-rousers, like the political personalities, not even the politicians,” he said.

Crenshaw recalled “arguments behind closed doors in the Republican Party before that.”

Click on the link for the full article

thanks-obvious.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Bill Mahar has been wrong about very little when discussing what will happen in the aftermath of Trump. This is one of those things he's warned about recently (not MTG specifically, but conceptually MAGAs in leadership roles). This is how democracy fades...

13 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Hmmm, I thought Fentanyl was coming over the Florida border with Mexico in candy packets.  Now, it’s a Chinese deal…very crafty!

Technically fwiw it's mostly all coming from China, but some of it goes from China to Mexico first. That said,  it's a cheap drug and one that isn't going anywhere despite what the GOP thinks it can or cannot do. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

So we're going to start executing drug traffickers just like authoritarian states? How very libertarian of McCarthy. 😆

It's not his idea.  He's too dumb to come up with any idea of his own.  This is something Trump has been spouting off about for a while now.

Trump’s Recent Calls to Execute Drug Traffickers Should Be a Wake-Up Call to the Biden Administration

McCarthy is just doing the bidding of his master.

This is why people are saying Trump will be a shadow Speaker of the House if the GOP takes control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

People get very upset about the drug problem. 

not enough to actually invest time in understanding it, just enough to yell about it 

And, according to the graphic you posted in the other thread, not enough to vote based on it.

5 minutes ago, China said:

And, according to the graphic you posted in the other thread, not enough to vote based on it.

Eh, I don’t know that that’s accurate. 

at the bottom of the list was “drug addiction” and yeah, I agree, most people don’t give a **** about drug addicts. There’s a reason why it’s hard to set up drug addiction clinics - people will say that’s a good idea but the moment someone wants to put one up near them they flip out and fight against it with everything they got. I still hear plenty of people say that the best thing for drug addicts is to be locked up and get clean. So, I agree “drug addiction” is at the bottom of peoples concerns. 

but at the top was “crime/gun violence”. Both of which I think are associated with the drug war. I think drug traffickers, gangs, and cartels fall into this category, not “drug addiction” 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

I still hear plenty of people say that the best thing for drug addicts is to be locked up and get clean.

Those people are idiots. There is zero indication that inceration prevents drug use. Hell drugs are easier to get in prison than out in the world. 

Drug treatment facilities are a far more effective and humane way to deal with addiction. That cost a lot time and money tho. As has already been discussed Americans don't really care about helping drug addicts. 

• Thumb up 1

@Captain Wigglesoh I know. I’m very well versed in the topic and am very pro-legalize everything. The drug war is an abject failure and anyone arguing otherwise is an idiot (or has a motivation for it like supporting private prisons or something)

but my point was - people care a lot about it. Not enough to invest time in understanding it, but enough to yell about it. 

the only time I see one of those types change their mind is when it’s their son or daughter that gets caught up in it. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Technically fwiw it's mostly all coming from China, but some of it goes from China to Mexico first. That said,  it's a cheap drug and one that isn't going anywhere despite what the GOP thinks it can or cannot do. 

Have you seen anything that even implies that Republicans even intend to try to do anything about a problem?  Any problem?  

Other than exploit or hype the problem?  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, China said:

It's not his idea.  He's too dumb to come up with any idea of his own.  This is something Trump has been spouting off about for a while now.

Trump’s Recent Calls to Execute Drug Traffickers Should Be a Wake-Up Call to the Biden Administration

McCarthy is just doing the bidding of his master.

This is why people are saying Trump will be a shadow Speaker of the House if the GOP takes control.

Actually McCarthy will be nothing but a puppet to the maga caucus. He will do their bidding.  Expect to see a lot more if MTG.