Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

MAGA CAT FIGHT: Twitter Thrilled As All Out War Breaks Out Between Lauren Boebert And Marjorie Taylor Greene

Twitter users are celebrating an “early Christmas” after the “secret war” between far-right Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Lauren Boebert (R-CO) spilled out into the open on Monday.

The bickering is part of a larger war among Republicans over whether current GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) should be the next House Speaker.

During an appearance on The Charlie Kirk Show, Boebert took a swipe at Greene for whipping the caucus to vote for McCarthy — who won Greene over with promises to restore her House committee assignments.

“I’ve aligned with Marjorie and been accused of believing a lot of the things that she believes in,” said Boebert, with colleague Matt Gaetz (R-FL) by her side. “I don’t believe in [summarily electing McCarthy], just as I don’t believe in Russian space lasers, Jewish space lasers, all of it, no.”

This is a reference to Greene’s previous sharing of social media content suggesting that space lasers funded by the Rothschilds were responsible for setting wildfires in the Western United States.

A furious Greene shortly took to Twitter to fire back at Boebert.

“I’ve supported and donated to Lauren Boebert. President Trump has supported and donated to Lauren Boebert. Kevin McCarthy has supported and donated to Lauren Boebert. She just barely came through by 500 votes She gladly takes our $$ but when she’s been asked: Lauren refuses to endorse President Trump, she refuses to support Kevin McCarthy, and she childishly threw me under the bus for a cheap sound bite … Americans expect conservative fighters like us to work together to Save America and that is the only mission I’m 100% devoted to, not high school drama and media sound bites,” Greene wrote.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Kevin McCarthy’s GOP ‘Mentor’ Scolds Him In Scathing Comments to the New Yorker: ‘He Lies. He’ll Change the Lie If Necessary’

Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s (R-CA) mentor scolded the House GOP leader in comments to the New Yorker in a report on McCarthy’s ongoing effort to secure the position of speaker of the House next year under a new slim GOP majority.

Former Rep. Bill Thomas (R-CA) spoke with reporter Jonathan Blitzer about his former “protege,” describing him as a liar. Thomas previously offered a blunt and negative assessment of McCarthy after the January 6 Capitol riot, blasting him for his relationship to Donald Trump. The two Republicans worked together for over a decade, with McCarthy getting his start under Thomas.

“The Kevin McCarthy who is now, at this time, in the House isn’t the Kevin McCarthy I worked with,” Thomas, 81, offered in an even more scathing review of his former colleague.

Thomas described McCarthy as a chameleon willing to lie to get what he wants.

“Kevin basically is whatever you want him to be. He lies. He’ll change the lie if necessary. How can anyone trust his word?” the Republican said.

Thomas claimed McCarthy never wanted to have talks on policy issues, always eyeing politically beneficial relationships instead.

“He’s the guy in the college fraternity that everybody liked and winds up selling life insurance, convincing people they need it,” Thomas said.

The criticism from a man described by many as a mentor comes as McCarthy is already facing questions about the potential of him becoming speaker of the House as he is facing a challenge from Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ), and others, who have called for new leadership.

Thomas doesn’t have too much faith in McCarthy’s ability to be speaker either, blasting the Republican for promising investigations and to go after political enemies instead of promoting policy.

“He’s already said, ‘As soon as I become speaker, I’m going after the Attorney General.’ Why would you want to spend your whole life trying to be Speaker to go after somebody? What are you for?” Thomas said.

• Like 1

Not a lot of info in here. And he tries to explain why there might not be. 

Although I also think he made a good point, that when known authoritarians in positions of government power begin requesting lists of people who they have already "othered", it's Not Good.