Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I always find it funny how these homo phobes always say "Ugh! I don't want to see two guys kissing!". Like, how often do you see two guys kissing? You live in bum****l, why are you watching so many dudes kiss all the time? I honestly can't remember the last time I saw two dudes kiss, either on tv or real life.

"Somehow they're getting on my computer screen. Must be Nancy Pelosi and the gay agenda "

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

i wonder if we change the title of “marriage” to something like coupling and give them the same exact benefits as married folks, would the Christian’s still be crying?

Already tried that with “civil unions” and it had the stench of separate-but-equal attached to it. I see no reason to have a segment of our society be forced to appease the religious…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Already tried that with “civil unions” and it had the stench of separate-but-equal attached to it. I see no reason to have a segment of our society be forced to appease the religious…

I didn’t think about the civil unions, but i agree about not appeasing the religious. I was just thinking a what if scenario, not saying that this is the route that should be taken. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I always find it funny how these homo phobes always say "Ugh! I don't want to see two guys kissing!". Like, how often do you see two guys kissing?

just my personal experience. But more often than I see two heterosexuals kiss. 

it a weird conversation, because of the element of people you’re specifically talking about, but it is my experience. 

and I don’t really need to see heterosexual couples making out either. It’s just odd. I get some people complain about it as a disguise for the fact that they hate (or whatever) gay people, but I don’t really want to see it from hetrosecual couples either when it’s totally out of place for the environment. For whatever reason, it’s almost always gay people when I see it and it’s out of place 🤷‍♂️ 

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I always find it funny how these homo phobes always say "Ugh! I don't want to see two guys kissing!". Like, how often do you see two guys kissing? You live in bum****l, why are you watching so many dudes kiss all the time? I honestly can't remember the last time I saw two dudes kiss, either on tv or real life.

I've seen it a few times in person, but I also have a number of out gay friends. 

I've seen it plenty in TV and movies at this point, and I'm actually glad my kids see it too. Hopefully their generation will grow up with a higher percentage of people seeing it as normal. 

4 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

I've seen it plenty in TV and movies at this point, and I'm actually glad my kids see it too. Hopefully their generation will grow up with a higher percentage of people seeing it as normal. 

For as much as kids are used as the reason for some of these ideas, I’ve found they handle things pretty nonchalantly. 

it’s usually “what’s <whatever>”

”oh <real basic explanation, like one sentence>”

”oh ok” *kid goes on doing whatever they were doing before*

in my experience it’s adults that struggle with accepting people for who they are. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, tshile said:

For as much as kids are used as the reason for some of these ideas, I’ve found they handle things pretty nonchalantly. 

it’s usually “what’s <whatever>”

”oh <real basic explanation, like one sentence>”

”oh ok” *kid goes on doing whatever they were doing before*

in my experience it’s adults that struggle with accepting people for who they are. 

Oh totally, that's part of what I mean.

Honestly, I am much more disgusted walking around the local Wal Mart looking at the general condition of the unbelievably morbidly obese people that are EVERYWHERE than I ever do if I see two guys kissing.

And it's not even close. I am no fitness nut, I carry my middle aged paunch, but holy smokes, the sheer numbers of people any time i go into one of the local stores that are 70 to 100 or more lbs overweight is enough to make my head swim. 

Kiss all you want. Honestly, it depends on the kiss, and that doesn't depend on the genders of the people involved. I don't really want to look at anybody just making out and swapping tongues. But not enough to holler about it. All I have to do is look somewhere else.
Trouble is in Wal Mart, there's always another immense tub of goo no matter which way you look.

~Bang

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 3

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I was really rooting for MyPillow too

Porter told McDaniel that she'd done a terrific job and that she had a rare ability to walk a high wire between forces who remain loyal to former President Donald Trump and those who don't, according to two people familiar with their conversation.

LOL, she managed to deliver for neither. Don't need to walk a high wire to do that. 

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

Raising the dreaded dark spectre of civilization-destroyer "Hunter Biden" at any excuse is like a right wing version of activating Godwin's Law.

Well, it's not like you can expect them to attack everything they don't like by comparing it to Nazis. 

They need the Nazi vote. 

• Haha 2

Private RNC member emails reveal anger at Trump, frustration with McDaniel’s response to him

A handful of Republican National Committee members denounced former President Donald Trump, with one pushing for fellow members and RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel to forcefully condemn his decision to host a pre-Thanksgiving dinner with antisemites.

“I am flabbergasted at the lack of outrage from Ronna about this,” Oscar Brock, a national committeeman from Tennessee, wrote in one of a series of private email threads obtained by POLITICO. “I tweeted to her yesterday, asking her to condemn this. We must, as a party, oppose all racism and prejudice, and condemn those who accept and endorse it, which includes inviting neo-nazi’s [sic] to dinner.”

The emails, which were sent to all 168 committee members’ email addresses, offer a rare glimpse at the agitation that is roiling among some in the Republican National Committee at a moment of intense scrutiny of the institution and the party it represents. It also brings to the surface tensions over whether or not McDaniel can or should lead the RNC in this current political climate, with an increasingly undisciplined Trump launching a third presidential run and the party coming to terms with midterm losses that many blame on the former president. McDaniel claims the support of a majority of committee members, but has recently faced challenges for the chair position.

Click on the link for the full article

A GOP Senator Is Stalling a Bill to Let Pregnant Workers Take Bathroom Breaks

On Thursday, Senators Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Bob Casey (D-Pa.) spoke on the Senate floor to seek unanimous consent to advance the bipartisan Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA) for a roll call vote. But the common-sense bill, which affords pregnant workers basic protections, is now being held up by a lone Republican senator: Thom Tillis of North Carolina.

According to Tillis, the bill—which would ensure pregnant workers receive accommodations like water bottles, stools, and bathroom breaks—is akin to government-funded “abortions on demand.” “As the husband of a wife who had two children while she was working and the grandfather of two grandchildren with a daughter who’s a nurse, I absolutely want to make sure those sort of reasonable accommodations are accounted for,” Tillis said. “However, in its current form, this legislation before us would give federal bureaucrats at the EEOC [Equal Employment Opportunity Commission] authority to mandate that employers nationwide provide accommodations such as leave to obtain abortions on demand, under the guise of pregnancy-related conditions.”

Unfortunately, Tillis isn’t the only one spreading misinformation about PWFA. The anti-abortion group CatholicVote has also erroneously claimed it could “force” employers to pay for abortion-related expenses. In the House, Rep. Virginia Foxx of (R-NC) expressed similar concerns, as did Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) in a statement to the anti-abortion publication Catholic News Agency on Wednesday. A spokesperson for Paul claimed the bill “could force religious employers to provide accommodations that arise from an abortion, which could violate the free exercise of their religious beliefs.”

Click on the link for the full article