Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but that's *exactly* the way the Senate was designed to work.

Oh I know. It was a sellout to slave owning states who didn't want to count slaves as people. 

I'd be curious if there was a 79x difference in population between the smallest state and the largest state, at the time it was created. Or if the system is just broken now because no one wants to ****ing live in places like Wyoming. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PCS said:

But wait. There's more. 

One of the responses lol...

"I got the bubonic plague recently and was given leeches, newt stew, and a ritualistic healing dance from an eccentric elderly hermit woman from the forests of Lapland under my physician's supervision. We must have the same doctor.."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

What in the everloving **** is "woke infrastructure"?

GettyImages_452839898.0.jpg

- - - - - 

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

They want to bury teaching white supremacy in public schools. It should be a year long subject because it takes that long to cover the history of white supremacy in this country from 1619 up to the present day.

That's pretty much it.  They want children to think that racism ended with Lincoln.  Or the 60s.  Or Obama.  Or something.  but it doesn't exist any more, and it has no effect on our world today.  Well, except for discrimination against white, Christian, males.  And unvaccinated people.  That's the only discrimination allowed in America today.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Larry said:

That's pretty much it.  They want children to think that racism ended with Lincoln.  Or the 60s.  Or Obama.  Or something.  but it doesn't exist any more, and it has no effect on our world today.  Well, except for discrimination against white, Christian, males.  And unvaccinated people.  That's the only discrimination allowed in America today.  

I remember a while back a tweet someone posted in here where a woman (in a school board meeting IIRC) was absolutely freaking out about CRT because she thought it was saying she was racist. That seems to be sort of par for the course. Anything that points out issues of systemic racism in this country somehow must be directed at them personally as opposed to the system itself.

Sort of like freaking out about welfare because they believe (or more accurately, have been told by conservative media) that if one person is getting something, it must mean that it's being taken from someone else. And if it's a minority getting something then it must have been taken from good, god fearing white folk.

Reminds me of people who lose their **** about the topic of slavery and the its place in the history of this country and yell "I NEVER OWNED SLAVES!" Uh yeah...nobody said you did, Gomer.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thumb up 2

This is such a key reality we need to deal with before it is too late. This is not going away, it is accelerating because the pressure is all pushing towards acceleration with nothing to counterbalance it. The GOP is getting worse not better. They are already at war with the rest of our country and democracy, but the sheltered and entitled in power are too out of touch to understand this or care.

• Like 1

I love how as soon as Biden was in office, right wingers suddenly became concerned and outraged about us bombing civilians in the middle east and about immigrants' living conditions at the border.

It's almost as transparently disingenuous as them pretending to care about deficits as soon as a Dem is in the WH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

37 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I love how as soon as Biden was in office, right wingers suddenly became concerned and outraged about us bombing civilians in the middle east and about immigrants' living conditions at the border.

It's almost as transparently disingenuous as them pretending to care about deficits as soon as a Dem is in the WH.

It's like this every time. While Democrats have to fix everything that Republicans do to our democracy, the Republicans jump on the Democrats, accusing them of doing what Republicans did previously. ****ing assholes.

• Thumb up 3

So Buzzette and I finally decided on a place to go to once I retire.  Lots I like about the area but it is square in the middle of Trump country.  Lake Ozark, MO.  But as scary as that is, the place has a swim up bar.  And is only $6k for one year.  I’m excited but kinda scared.  Throwing myself right into the middle of the Swamp.  But……swim up bar.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So Buzzette and I finally decided on a place to go to once I retire.  Lots I like about the area but it is square in the middle of Trump country.  Lake Ozark, MO.  But as scary as that is, the place has a swim up bar.  And is only $6k for one year.  I’m excited but kinda scared.  Throwing myself right into the middle of the Swamp.  But……swim up bar.

When posed with such a conundrum I go back to some sage words I read nowhere in particular.  **Ahem**  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.  Also...swim up bar."  -Bernard M. Baruch

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

square in the middle of Trump country

You’ll be a retired vet

youll be able to blend is as much as you want to

consider it front row seats to a never ending comedy, with a bar you swim up to

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

You’re a retired vet

youll be able to blend is as much as you want to

consider it front row seats to a never ending comedy, with a bar you swim up to

Yea, I figured blending in won’t be an issue.  Besides being a vet, I have a very Republican gun collection.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Just don't tell them you're vaccinated.

• Haha 1