Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

15 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

To be fair he's been criticizing Trump's actions for years now. It didn't just start after the election.

This is another part that drives me up the wall as well.

There seem to be quite a few people (elected and otherwise...but mostly otherwise) who criticize Trump plenty but then when asked they say "Yeah I voted for him". And not just "I have some policy differences with him but still voted for him"; obviously that stuff happens. But criticized him for being a **** human being and just all around awful and a moron...but then still voted for him. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This is another part that drives me up the wall as well.

There seem to be quite a few people (elected and otherwise...but mostly otherwise) who criticize Trump plenty but then when asked they say "Yeah I voted for him". And not just "I have some policy differences with him but still voted for him"; obviously that stuff happens. But criticized him for being a **** human being and just all around awful and a moron...but then still voted for him. 

Drives me nuts, too. With politicians I kinda get the "I'll criticize him but he's our guy" even though that still drives me nuts lol...but with voters you shouldn't be voting in lockstep. Way too many options even within your own party.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Drives me nuts, too. With politicians I kinda get the "I'll criticize him but he's our guy" even though that still drives me nuts lol...but with voters you shouldn't be voting in lockstep. Way too many options even within your own party.

Unfortunately I think a lot of it comes back to the "Well Trump is a despicable human being and a complete buffoon...but <insert Democratic rival> is a ****ing Democrat, and I'll be damned if I'm going to vote for some dirty communist" schtick. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

She's got the intelligence of a box of rocks.

Greene thinks US territory of Guam is a foreign country that doesn't deserve aid

Guam has been a part of the United States for 122 years, and its residents are American citizens.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) included the U.S. territory of Guam when listing foreign nations that she says are receiving American tax dollars.

Greene made the comments on Feb. 27, the second day of the annual Conservative Political Action Conference, in Orlando, Florida, in one of the event's side sessions.

"We believe our hard-earned tax dollars should just go for America. Not for, what? China, Russia, the Middle East, Guam, whatever, wherever," said Greene.

Guam has been a part of the United States since 1899, ceded to the United States by Spain in accordance with the Treaty of Paris that ended the Spanish-American War in 1898.

People born in Guam are U.S. citizens. More than 160,000 Americans live in Guam, and 7,000 members of the American military are stationed at U.S. Naval Base Guam and Andersen Air Force Base on the island.

Click on the link for the full article

7 hours ago, Llevron said:

But is this looney toon thing is a joke though right? 

apparently there was a scene cut from the upcoming space jam 2 where Pepe does the usual hitting on a girl kissing her arm and then gets slapped and gets his drink

tossed on him. He is spinning in his chair from the slap when it’s dropped by lebron who comments that Pepe can’t touch other toons without their consent. 

they decided to remove the scene and pepe from the movie altogether 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, China said:

She's got the intelligence of a box of rocks.

Greene thinks US territory of Guam is a foreign country that doesn't deserve aid

Guam has been a part of the United States for 122 years, and its residents are American citizens

Still recall, early in the Trump administration, Trump posting a tweet congratulating himself on what a great meeting he just had with the President of the Virgin Islands. 

Trump was the President of the Virgin Islands. He had met with the Governor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Larry said:

Still recall, early in the Trump administration, Trump posting a tweet congratulating himself on what a great meeting he just had with the President of the Virgin Islands. 

Trump was the President of the Virgin Islands. He had met with the Governor. 

and that was AFTER meeting with him.   AFTER all the briefings and whatever discussion took place in the meeting.   AFTER

im guessing he paid a lot of attention, and made good informed decisions during those meetings

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 1:51 PM, Dan T. said:

... right-wing writer and speaker Milo Yiannopoulos, who got fired by the website Breitbart in 2017 after he praised same-sex pedophilia...

There's your new GOP.

Milo Yiannopoulos says he is ‘ex-gay,’ wants to rehabilitate ‘conversion therapy’

Right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos has come out as “ex-gay” – announcing that he “would like to help rehabilitate what the media calls “conversion therapy” over the next decade, according to a report.

The 36-year-old British political commentator, whose speeches and writings often ridicule political correctness, social justice and feminism, declared himself no longer gay and “sodomy free,” he told LifeSite in an interview.

Yiannopoulos — who once said that sex between 13-year-olds and older men can be “life-affirming” — told the outlet that he is now leading a daily consecration online to St. Joseph.

“When I used to kid that I only became gay to torment my mother, I wasn’t entirely joking,” he said.

Click on the link for the full story

AD: - "Are you planning on leaving more the $11.7 MILLION after you die? Well, you're in luck. The GOP is fighting for you with their efforts to repeal a tax on Estates OVER $11.7 MILLION DOLLARS. If you don't have an estate worth over $11.7 MILLION. Well.... that's ok. Because this is only for Estates over $11.7 Million. Mostly GOP Donors."

• Sad 1

So I assume they will be replaced with entirely partisan hacks without brains, people like Cruz and Hawley.

Senate GOP faces retirement brain drain

Senate Republicans are facing a brain drain as some of the caucus’s biggest dealmakers prepare to head for the exits. 

Sen. Roy Blunt’s (R-Mo.) announcement this week that he will not run for reelection is the latest blow for the GOP’s governing wing of the Senate, a coalition of policy wonks and bipartisan-minded institutionalists who have been at the center of the biggest legislative accomplishments. 

Though the membership of Congress is always in flux — a third of the Senate is up every two years and the full House every two — the turnover amongst some of the most successful GOP negotiators is particularly acute. 

“There’s a lot of experience, a lot of knowledge leaving. ... It's a loss of a lot of institutional memory,” said Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), an adviser to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

In addition to Blunt, Sens. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), Rob Portman (R-Ohio), Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.) are all expected to retire at the end of 2022. 

Each holds a top GOP committee spot. Blunt and Shelby, in particular, are known for their ability to craft deals; Portman and Toomey are well versed in policy and Burr has earned the respect of Democrats for his work as Intelligence Committee chairman. 

Other GOP senators seen as dealmakers have also left the Senate in recent years. 

Former Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) — two GOP chairmen with big bipartisan accomplishments — retired at the end of 2020. Former Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) stepped down in 2019 due to health reasons. 

The end of 2018 saw the departure of former Sens. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), then the chairman of the Finance Committee; Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), then the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee; and Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), a conservative who was willing to buck his party. Former Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) died in 2018. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1