Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

55 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Nope. If he’s able to run in 24, he’s the nominee.

I hadn't realized that Rove has wrote an op-ed in the WSJ that was critical of Trump's CPAC speech, calling it stale and short of vision.  I sort of agree with Rove in the sense that, like the country got sick of Trump's Twitter rants, I think the GOP voters will get sick of Trump if he is overexposed over the next 2-3 years. I think Trump's absence from Twitter actually helps from keeping him out of the spotlight, but these memos he is releasing might well put him back in.

The polls certainly show continued strong GOP support, but as Rove noted, having only 68 percent at a Trump-friendly conference definitively wanting him to run again could be construed as a bit weak. I think its far too early to determine where he will stand come 2023.

9 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I hadn't realized that Rove has wrote an op-ed in the WSJ that was critical of Trump's CPAC speech, calling it stale and short of vision.  I sort of agree with Rove in the sense that, like the country got sick of Trump's Twitter rants, I think the GOP voters will get sick of Trump if he is overexposed over the next 2-3 years. I think Trump's absence from Twitter actually helps from keeping him out of the spotlight, but these memos he is releasing might well put him back in.

The polls certainly show continued strong GOP support, but as Rove noted, having only 68 percent at a Trump-friendly conference definitively wanting him to run again could be construed as a bit weak. I think its far too early to determine where he will stand come 2023.

This is the current Republican party in a nutshell anyway. There are no policy platforms, no vision for the future, nothing optimistic or uplifting. The only thing they have now is fueling culture wars, conspiracy theorists, and white grievance. Trump is the perfect microcosm of it. He has no policy, no ideology, no plans, no vision. The only thing he has is injecting his MAGA faithful with venom and rage in order to keep himself in the spotlight and adored by them for the sake of his ego and wallet.

Hell, during the election cycle Trump was asked multiple times in softball interviews with friendly conservative personalities to give examples of what he would look to accomplish in a 2nd term...he literally had nothing. They were doing their very best to throw him a lifeline and help him and he just couldn't name a single thing. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, visionary said:

I keep hearing about this bill, no way this stands up in court. Whats to stop the Dems from doing the same thing at some point in the future. Anyway the Governor can pull a McConnell and just not give the seat to anyone? No way they can MAKE him choose one, right?

6 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I keep hearing about this bill, no way this stands up in court. Whats to stop the Dems from doing the same thing at some point in the future. Anyway the Governor can pull a McConnell and just not give the seat to anyone? No way they can MAKE him choose one, right?

You didn't hear? The rules are only good until they don't help the GOP retain power, then they must be changed.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

You didn't hear? The rules are only good until they don't help the GOP retain power, then they must be changed.

"The Dems should get rid of the filibuster."  

(No, I am not saying that you said that.  I have no clue if you did.)  

12 minutes ago, Larry said:

"The Dems should get rid of the filibuster."  

(No, I am not saying that you said that.  I have no clue if you did.)  

Point taken, but that is more about passing legislation, not about remaining in power itself. 

• Like 2
On 3/3/2021 at 11:22 PM, China said:

What a worthless, slimy POS.

Apparently she does this every day.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Loses It After GOP Colleagues Say They Are Fed Up With Her Antics On The House Floor

Republican congresswoman and QAnon fanatic Marjorie Taylor Greene fired off a lengthy Twitter tirade on Saturday, slamming her Republican colleagues who told reporters that they were growing increasingly frustrated with her efforts to delay congressional business by forcing procedural votes to adjourn the House each day.

In her Twitter rant, the Georgia Rep. shared an article published by The Hill that detailed criticisms from fellow GOP House members, including Reps. Ann Wagner (Mo.), David Joyce (Ohio) and Tim Walberg (Mich.).

Several Republicans told the news outlet that “the futile procedural votes from Greene, which require members to walk to the House floor, are disrupting committee hearings and virtual constituent meetings, making them less effective at representing their own constituents.”

In response to the article, Greene tweeted, “I dedicate this thread to my GOP Colleagues,” and, “The headline of this article should read, ‘Marjorie Cares About The People Not The Politicians And Refuses To Join The Swamp.’

“I didn’t get voted into office by politicians, I serve The People,” she added, before launching into a series of rebukes against her GOP colleagues who she said “don’t share the outrage that Republican voters feel about the Democrat’s radical agenda!”

“As if a $1.9 trillion dollar woke progressive spending spree with only 9% to covid isn’t enough,” Greene continued. “Dems destroying women’s rights and sports, wiping out religious freedoms, defunding the police, HR1, and erasing gender completely… doesn’t seem to be enough to make some of my GOP colleagues feel like they can actually stand up out of a chair and walk to go vote for a motion to adjourn.”

“They’d rather sit on committee zoom meetings where they are mute and their hands are tied doing nothing,” added the congresswoman, who was removed from her committee assignments last month over past social media posts advancing conspiracy theories and supporting violence against top Democratic leaders like Speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.)

Greene then explained that she calls “for motions to adjourn so that the Democrats can have at least another hour to come to their senses before they vote for this kind of crap.”

“Oddly, some of my GOP colleagues don’t share my outrage and are annoyed with me… for trying to do anything I possibly can to disrupt and stop the Democrats from destroying our country.”

Click on the link for the full article

GOP Tries—and Fails—to Sneak Abortion, Transgender Funding Bans Into COVID Relief Bill

Senate Republicans tried and failed Saturday to tie restrictions on hot-button cultural issues to a $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill currently grinding its way through the chamber. After nearly 24 hours of voting, 49 Democrats and Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) shot down an amendment that would have denied federal funding to any colleges and K-12 schools that allowed transgender girls to play on girls sports teams. Shortly thereafter, the Senate voted 52-47 against the addition of another amendment that would have barred funding from the COVID-19 relief bill from going to abortion providers.

Do Republicans Believe in Democracy? The press needs to start asking.

Dan Rather and Steady Team

“Do Republicans believe in democracy?” It is a question that on the surface might seem dismissive or even divisive. Certainly the answer for many Republicans is a resounding yes. However, the facts are what they are. And as journalists we need to follow trails of inquiry, even if they lead to uncomfortable places. One of those places right now--and it has been for some time-- is voter suppression and questions around the national commitment to majority rule through elections. 

The Washington press corps has operated for decades under one basic assumption: both Democrats and Republicans, whatever their ideological differences, ultimately believe in the norms and tenets of America’s constitutional government. Sadly, this assumption is no longer a given. What that means for the future of American journalism, and for the country as a whole, is not entirely clear. We are living in dangerous times that cannot be normalized or ignored.

Click on the link for more

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Definitely not a racist if he's been working for 20 months to get the n word out of his vocabulary 

Duh people. 

As a side note: I really do wonder how much you have to say it for it to 'slip' out. I dont ever let it slip and I have said that word a lot. 

• Like 2