Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Trumpy House Candidate Laura Loomer Said In 2017 She Was ‘Pro-White Nationalism’

Laura Loomer was the toast of the Trumpian right during her long-shot 2020 congressional race in Florida.

She received a shout-out from then-President Donald Trump. She campaigned with the President’s daughter-in-law, Lara Trump. And she earned support from Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Roger Stone, and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), who was then a candidate for Congress.

Now, we know she was also a self-professed supporter of white nationalism.

“Someone asked me ‘Are you pro-white nationalism?’ Yes. I’m pro-white nationalism,” Loomer said in a December 2017 interview dug up on Sunday by the blog Angry White Men.

Within three years of that interview, Loomer was the 2020 Republican nominee for Florida’s 21st Congressional District.

Loomer’s long history of open bigotry was no secret during the 2020 campaign:  She’d long labeled herself a “proud Islamophobe” and was banned from using Uber and Lyft in November 2017 after calling for “a non Islamic form of Uber or Lyft because I never want to support another Islamic immigrant driver.” She was booted from Twitter after asserting that Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) was “anti Jewish” and supported female genital mutilation.

But the interview unearthed Sunday, recorded on the “Nationalist Public Radio” podcast in 2017, further documents Loomer’s involvement with the racist right.

In it, Loomer justified her support for white nationalism by citing Israel.

“I’m a Jew, and I’m pro-Israel, and I would be a hypocrite if I were to say that I was against ethnonationalism, because Israel is an ethnostate,” Loomer said. “And it’s a great country. It’s a great place. I totally support ethnonationalism.”

She added separately that Palestinians are “not legitimate people” and that she opposed Muslims and Jews “mixing,” including through marriage.

“I’m not really a big fan of this idea that we need to coexist, because you can’t really coexist with people who want to kill you,” Loomer said.

Loomer distinguished in the interview between white nationalism and white supremacy, and criticized the white nationalist leaders Richard Spencer and James Allsup because, she said, they gave off a “very cringey, anti-semitic white supremacist vibe.”

She said in the interview that “this country, really, was built as a white, Judeo-Christian ethnostate, essentially. Over time, immigration, and all these calls for diversity, it’s starting to destroy this country. I don’t oppose people who say that they want to have their own ethnostate.”

Click on the link for the full article

Hawley becomes GOP cash cow despite Jan. 6 blowback

Sen. Josh Hawley's effort to block certification of the 2020 election has been a fundraising boon — not just for him but his party, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: Corporate donors and establishment Republicans recoiled at the Jan. 6 siege on the Capitol that followed efforts by Hawley (R-Mo.) and others to block President Biden's Electoral College victory. But fundraising numbers show the GOP grassroots is still firmly in Hawley's camp.

What's new: Digital fundraising appeals sent by the National Republican Senatorial Committee under Hawley's name raised more money in February than those of any other senator except NRSC Chairman Rick Scott.

The NRSC has a Hawley-branded page on the fundraising platform WinRed, asking donors to "help end cancel culture and take back the Senate majority!" It also sent at least two fundraising emails last month under Hawley's name.

Scott (R-Fla.) was another of the eight senators to vote against certification, but fears it also might dent NRSC fundraising do not appear to be bearing out.

Hawley's personal fundraising also has spiked, according to data provided by a source close to his campaign.

Click on the link for the full article

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Hard for me to give him much credit when Trump losing the election was his breaking point. He was right in line until then. 

Thank you

Kinzinger and Sasse and Haley and the rest are in CYA mode, still trapped in the delusion that there is some political path forward for them, while the rotting skunk corpse of trumpism hangs around their necks.

**** off and never stop ****ing off

I am officially old now and I am leaning hard into the grumpy old man thing, so if I watch Nicole Wallace and still take it with a grain of salt because of her serving under Bush, these weasels stand no chance. Step off the curb while I downshift y'all............

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I am officially old now and I am leaning hard into the grumpy old man thing, so if I watch Nicole Wallace and still take it with a grain of salt because of her serving under Bush, these weasels stand no chance. Step off the curb while I downshift y'all............

I feel ya. Im not sure where its responsible to draw the line but mine is drawn right in front of 'you helped us get here with your own brand of bull**** and I wont forget it'.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I feel ya. Im not sure where its responsible to draw the line but mine is drawn right in front of 'you helped us get here with your own brand of bull**** and I wont forget it'.  

I hear that, I am the same way when I see Scarborough on in the morning trying to act all evolved. "You were a ****ing Gingrich Republican you mother****er!"

I do feel a little bit of something positive knowing that Nicolle, Steve Schmidt, and Michael Steele came to their senses.  All have left the party. 

(And Bushism wasn't a cult.)  

1 minute ago, LD0506 said:

I hear that, I am the same way when I see Scarborough on in the morning trying to act all evolved. "You were a ****ing Gingrich Republican you mother****er!"

Give Mika some credit.  <laughs hysterically> 

5 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I do feel a little bit of something positive knowing that Nicolle, Steve Schmidt, and Michael Steele came to their senses.  All have left the party. 

(And Bushism wasn't a cult.)  

Give Mika some credit.  <laughs hysterically> 

I am not advocating for some scarlet letter thing but context matters. There are quite a few that I like, Rick Wilson says things I wish I'd come up with, but the path to where we are does matter. This isn't new, it didn't just happen over the last 4 years. They have been out of the closet with mass marketing fascism for at least 40 years, and Trump was the direct descendant of Reagan. There is a certain Man in the High Castle aftertaste to the whole thing. We might be able to debate whether Bushism was or wasn't a cult, and exactly wtf it was then (a pyramid scheme writ large??) but you can connect dots way back, Barry Goldwater and beyond, the John Birch Society, the American eugenics movement that schooled the Nazis, fighting the "Tagalog insurgency" in the Philippines when America invented concentration camps, etc, etc. 

I know, I know, I can hear eyes rolling out there at the thought of "uhhhh, history, all those words......" but it is relevant. The underlying anti-science/anti-history/anti-intellectualism in this country has always been about not letting you connect dots.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Also, people really defending Pepe Le Pew? Please tell me what you love about Pepe. I'm all ears.

American women loved to be sexually harassed by smelly Frenchmen. How do you not know this? Have our cartoons taught us nothing? 

29 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Hopefully cancel culture targets fox news and oan next.

Man what! Thoughts a prayers!!!!

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

This is all they have.  Also, people really defending Pepe Le Pew? Please tell me what you love about Pepe. I'm all ears.

I ****ing loved Pepe LePew lol...I also acknowledged about 20 years ago that he's way too sexually aggressive but never saw it like that growing up.

But the reality of the cartoon was that it was Pepe's stench--not his actions--that turned off the female cat. Once she could no longer smell him (she got sick or something), his advances and actions were more than welcomed. Kind of a play on "Insulted if a regular guy does it, flattered if Brad Pitt does it" argument.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Thank you

Kinzinger and Sasse and Haley and the rest are in CYA mode, still trapped in the delusion that there is some political path forward for them, while the rotting skunk corpse of trumpism hangs around their necks.

**** off and never stop ****ing off

It's like defending a known serial killer's actions for years but then suddenly turning on him when he admits that he had sex with a corpse after cutting its head off.

"This is just too far. I cannot for the life of me fathom why he would have sex with a headless corpse. That's disgusting and disturbing and I feel I must speak out."

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It's like defending a known serial killer's actions for years but then suddenly turning on him when he admits that he had sex with a corpse after cutting its head off.

"This is just too far. I cannot for the life of me fathom why he would have sex with a headless corpse. That's disgusting and disturbing and I feel I must speak out."

To be fair he's been criticizing Trump's actions for years now. It didn't just start after the election.