Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

From Wisconsin:

Senate Republicans honor Rush Limbaugh and refuse to recognize Black History Month

MADISON - Senate Republicans voted to honor conservative radio show host Rush Limbaugh and against recognizing Black History Month in consecutive votes that rocked the chamber on Tuesday. 

Democratic lawmakers accused Republicans of embracing racism by refusing to take up a resolution that would honor Black Americans but agreeing to pass one that recognized a man who made fun of them. 

"You own this. You own his rhetoric. You own his sentiment. The (GOP caucus) owns this — his racism," Sen. LaTonya Johnson, D-Milwaukee, said after reading off statements Limbaugh said before he died earlier this year that included comparing NBA players to gang members and referred to former President Barack Obama as "halfrican American."

Click on the link for the full article

^^ Wisconsabama- the state that sent "Tail Gunner" Joe McCarthy to the Hill and LOVED him! People don't seem to get, or want to get, that Wrong Johnson really IS representing his constituents very diligently. They drove all of "those people" into Milwaukee and denied them representation and basically let them know that they are not welcome outside the city limits. Normal civilized human beings look at Wrong and wonder WTF is his problem, Wisconazis look at him and wonder if he is being crazy enough to be their guy.

Anyway........

May be a cartoon of one or more people and text that says 'CANCEL CULTURE!! CANCEL CULTURE!! BUT THOSE ARE COMPANIES MAKING BUSINESS DECISIONS. Seuss Head Potato I THOUGHT YOU WORSHIPPED THE FREE MARKET. www.bostonglabe.com/sasrertmani NOW YOU'RE MOCKING MY RELIGION!!'

15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Oh yeah, it’s all coming together for Best Virginia!

I mean...he has a poster with an arrow pointing up. UP! What else does the guy have to do to convince you?? God, but you're a cynical son of a ****.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I mean...he has a poster with an arrow pointing up. UP! What else does the guy have to do to convince you?? God, but you're a cynical son of a ****.

Just got off the phone with Bank of America and my realtor, and we’re moving the whole operation from Richmond to Clarksburg.

Mazda, Blackbyrd, the house...all of it.  TONIGHT!

You want in?

• Haha 3

On 3/7/2021 at 10:43 PM, China said:

Do Republicans Believe in Democracy? The press needs to start asking.

Dan Rather and Steady Team

“Do Republicans believe in democracy?” It is a question that on the surface might seem dismissive or even divisive. Certainly the answer for many Republicans is a resounding yes. However, the facts are what they are. And as journalists we need to follow trails of inquiry, even if they lead to uncomfortable places. One of those places right now--and it has been for some time-- is voter suppression and questions around the national commitment to majority rule through elections. 

The Washington press corps has operated for decades under one basic assumption: both Democrats and Republicans, whatever their ideological differences, ultimately believe in the norms and tenets of America’s constitutional government. Sadly, this assumption is no longer a given. What that means for the future of American journalism, and for the country as a whole, is not entirely clear. We are living in dangerous times that cannot be normalized or ignored.

Click on the link for more

The first of Dan's proposed list of questions:

Did Joe Biden win the election?

Zeldin gets testy when asked if Biden won election

Rep. Lee Zeldin got testy with POLITICO Playbook authors Ryan Lizza and Tara Palmeri on Thursday when Lizza asked him to say unequivocally that President Joe Biden won the 2020 election.

“Yeah, Joe Biden’s the president of the United States,” the New York Republican said. “And that’s how ...”

“Is or won?” Lizza said in a POLITICO Playbook event, stopping Zeldin, a former President Donald Trump ally who voted against certifying the Electoral College results amid Trump's false claims of election fraud.

"I ask it very intentionally that he won the presidential election," Lizza said.

“Yes, and then I went on to continue an answer,” Zeldin said. “If you would like to give my answer for me, you can go ahead and do that. But I thought I was going to be here to answer my own questions.”

Lizza clarified, saying he was asking if Biden won the presidency.

“You’re asking me now for a third time, and I’ve said yes twice. So, I don’t know how many more times you want me to say yes and what your agenda is. But, really, it’s a bit ridiculous to be asking me a third time. But please, go ahead and ask me again,” Zeldin said.

Click on the link for the full article

3 hours ago, clietas said:

Does he think it's 1993? Disney abandoned the area and built Disney Adventures out in California instead. Disney America 2? 😆

If he prays real hard he might get enough rain and prevailing wind for the Ark park in Kentucky to float on over.  Might even be a more realistic plan then the one he's offering.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

If he prays real hard he might get enough rain and prevailing wind for the Ark park in Kentucky to float on over.  Might even be a more realistic plan then the one he's offering.

• Haha 1