Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fixing the The United States Democratic Party

@DCGoldPants

28 minutes ago, grego said:

Seems like that should be illegal. But, ya, absentee would be the recourse. 

I vote by early voting. I don't live in a state that is actively trying to make it more difficult for me to vote. Every state should be like that but conservatives do not want that reality.

Polls should be open from 6am to 10pm nationwide on Election Day. I like early voting, though not as early in some states. I would have early voting start 2 Saturdays before Election Day and end The Sunday before Election Day. That would give you 9 days.  Absentee balloting as usual.

Now, this may not give you the winner on Election night but that gives you reasonable amount of time to vote.

It's a simple fact, the GOP wants as few voters as possible. The odds are the more people vote, they don't vote for the GOP.

You can't have that.

The GOP care only about one thing.  Getting power and keeping power. They will do whatever they need to do, to get that power.  Promise whatever, when in fact, they had no real intentions of doing anything.  How many times did they repeal Obamacare but when it was for real; they couldn't do it.  Donald Trump's rise was the natural conclusion to all the crap the GOP has pulled.

42 minutes ago, B&G said:

Only trying to make the point that if you really want to vote, you can in all 50 states, no suppression applied.

It's a true statement but doesn't change the fact that making it more difficult for people to vote, does, in practice, decrease the number of voters. Nor the fact that some GOP state "leaders" have engaged in an intentional, calculated, and systematic, effort to make it more difficult for democratic citizens to vote. Nor the fact that these efforts are absolutely disgusting and un-American.

10 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

What are you smoking, because I want some.

One bowl eliminates the entire matter of voter suppression. Imagine what we could do to advance the human condition  with an oz of his stuff and my nitro-enhanced shop-vac bong.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It's a true statement but doesn't change the fact that making it more difficult for people to vote, does, in practice, decrease the number of voters. Nor the fact that some GOP state "leaders" have engaged in an intentional, calculated, and systematic, effort to make it more difficult for democratic citizens to vote. Nor the fact that these efforts are absolutely disgusting and un-American.

Sacks, all politicians, Dems and Republicans, would sell their Mother to get re-elected.  Trust me on this.  Virtually ALL are guilty of awful things on both sides of the aisle.  Don't let ideology blind you to the truth.  For every Republican misdeed, there is an equal or greater Dem misdeed and vice versa.

Republicans and Democrats are simply two faces of the same hypocrisy.  Neither is any better or any worse than the other.

1 hour ago, B&G said:

Sacks, all politicians, Dems and Republicans, would sell their Mother to get re-elected.  Trust me on this.  Virtually ALL are guilty of awful things on both sides of the aisle.  Don't let ideology blind you to the truth.  For every Republican misdeed, there is an equal or greater Dem misdeed and vice versa.

Republicans and Democrats are simply two faces of the same hypocrisy.  Neither is any better or any worse than the other.

Horse****. I don't have an ideology. I'm no democrat but I can still tell you that the current GOP is THE WORST because I have eyes and ears and a brain. That's not a knock on Republicanism or actual Republican values. The guys that are running that party right now are ****heads though. If you don't see it, perhaps you are the one who is being blinded by ideology.

1 hour ago, B&G said:

Self-defeatist, know-nothing, lazy-ass, useless trash.

Thats what that post is.  There are now, and have always been, elected representatives of all parties that defended our national ideals and represented their constituents with tremendous honor.  

You have absolutely no idea what you are taking about and, quite frankly, you're a very poor example of an American citizen.  

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Self-defeatist, know-nothing, lazy-ass, useless trash.

Thats what that post is.  There are now, and have always been, elected representatives of all parties that defended our national ideals and represented their constituents with tremendous honor.  

You have absolutely no idea what you are taking about and, quite frankly, you're a very poor example of an American citizen.  

I think he's saying both parties in terms of their political actions are awful. I think that's demonstrably true. 

That doesn't mean we don't have ideals that our chosen party stands for. What they stand for and how they act are two different things. And we tend to protect those that stand for our ideals, naturally. 

21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Want to fix your party?  This is what is wrong with it.  Your unearned moral superiority and your reflex identity politics.

Do you even know this dude?  You say the same **** to everyone from your mom's basement in Northern Virginia.

10 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Want to fix your party?  This is what is wrong with it.  Your unearned moral superiority and your reflex identity politics.

Do you even know this dude?  You say the same **** to everyone from your mom's basement in Northern Virginia.

Lulz...ok tough guy.

59 minutes ago, grego said:

I think he's saying both parties in terms of their political actions are awful. I think that's demonstrably true.

I could agree with this except that he said they were equal which is so far from the demonstrable truth right now. One party has a lot of problems. The other is absolutely disgusting and disgraceful.

Yeah, both parties are not the same. They don't use the same tactics. What's going on in several red states is absolutely not happening in any blue state.

I don't mind the idea that parties stink, that's fair, but both parties are not equal in their degree of odor or the type of stink.

1. Many conservatives believe that Liberals only respect those who agree with them.  Conservatives constantly receive vitriolic hatred from liberals who claim to be all about tolerance and acceptance.  Conservatives are tired of being attacked by Liberals who call us racist, hateful, intolerant, ignorant, bad citizens, etc.   Shame on those fair minded people on either side of the political spectrum who stay silent when this occurs and is unfair and unwarranted.
  3. I really think liberalism is wrong thinking and I speak up about it.  Sometimes my words reflect the passion of my beliefs but never doubt my love for America and Americans.  

I usually don't agree with B&G.  In fact, I often question if he really is conservative or just another GOP in sheeps clothing.  But ^ statement carries a lot of truth.  I know here I occasionally have a reasonable conversation with some of the more liberal members.  But too often someone who doesn't agree with the liberal position is instead called names.  Liberals could attract a lot more voters if they could be more reasonable in their disagreements.  I am not a unicorn.  There are many conservatives who feel this way.  Those of us that didn't vote Trump.  Those of us that despise the GOP in it's current form.  But we won't join the Left because the second we disagree on a hot button topic (abortion for example, or gun rights) we are shouted down and called names.  The Left needs to fix this.  Hopefully, the last election showed the Left that they need to be more inclusive and accepting of different opinions.

To Greatbuzz - There are 100 million people on the left. You get a group of 100 million people together, there are going to be some idiots. There are going to be some mostly good people who get emotional and resort to insults when you disagree with them. You go on social media and express opinions that are different from any large group and you're going to get shouted down or insulted by people who can sit behind their keyboard and do it anonymously. It's just not realistic to think otherwise.

Besides, we all know those people who are doing that are false flag paid shouter-downers from the GOP.

Now to B&G - I don't have to scroll very far to find quotes from you insulting all liberals. The right, which you support, is radicalizing their base to hate democrats. So, are tolerance, acceptance, and fair mindedness actually important to you or not?

•  
  • Regarding this quote, "Conservatives are tired of being attacked by Liberals who call us racist, hateful, intolerant, ignorant, bad citizens, etc." You need to go complain to Donald Trump then. Anyone who wants to align themselves with the GOP doesn't get to complain about people calling their party all of those things as long as you have a president who refuses to condemn white supremacy.

Archived