Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fixing the The United States Democratic Party

@DCGoldPants

45 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So I guess this is the best thread to ask about this here......

I have been at least somewhat expecting that Biden would throw his hat in for 2020.  And he seems to be cruising the TV networks a lot more recently.  I wouldn't be totally against it.  He seems like a guy willing to meet in the middle which I really respect.  And he has the "great guy to have a beer with" vibe which is always great.  Obviously this means he is going to start drawing more scrutiny from the Far Right.  Which brings me to my question.

I've been seeing a good bit of videos going around Facebook, from admittedly far right friends, showing ole Joe in some ........questionable interactions with females of various ages.  Now their source makes them questionable automatically but they are still videos and don't appear doctored.  Has anyone else seen this?  Know anything more about it why we shouldn't give it credibility?  I'm totally for giving the dude benefit of the doubt.  But at the same time, I ask myself if it were a Republican Senator, would he get the same benefit.  I gotta say if it were the latter, I would have a major issue with it.  

Anyone else seen this that cares to weigh in? 

I've always found his huggy kissy squeezie behavior a little creepy.  But then I'm not a Democrat or a longtime fan of his and I'm not much for physical interactions so I may not be a good judge. (I did like his convention speech).  Politically, I think he's lost his window of opportunity anyway.  

36 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

"Working class" like these lazy asses?

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-awaiting-trumps-coal-comeback-miners-reject-retraining-2017-11

**** 'em 

Well, I said lazy, but really you can substitute any condescending, negative adjective.  Lazy, stupid, ignorant, racist, etc.  They all work.  Just dont whine lkke a litttle **** whe n the rust belt votes republican again.  Not because its getting to me, but because its making my ears hurt.  /white men cant jump

What Ive been saying since the election.  Dems are such hysterical ******* that they have completley crapped out.  Serious question, how does one know at this point if Trump has committed an impeachable offense?  One wouldnt.  Its lost in the ether of over the top hysterics, crying, and whining.  Heres a strategy.. drink a nice warm cup of STFU and save your powder for something important.  

https://newrepublic.com/article/145731/liberals-becoming-knee-jerk-anti-trumpists

Liberals should welcome such news rather than hunting for pseudo-gaffes. As Sean O’Neal of the A.V. Club argued earlier this week, the koi pond non-story “is exactly the sort of petty bull**** that fuels the ‘fake news’ narrative that Trump and his supporters so depend on to foster blanket mistrust of the media.” He’s right:

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The Daily Show has run pieces on Joe Biden being uncomfortably touchy with women. 

It is definitely creepy but he has never been accused of harassment (or worse).

I don't thing this is  the same video I've been seeing but close enough for sake of this discussion.  Seeing how many public figures are being accused, are we sure he is clean?  Or is this just a hit piece by the right?  Honestly asking.  And FTR, I can name a lot of people who had never been accused up until a month ago.  Doesn't make them clean, just not labeled as dirty yet.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzMjFDfobiQ

Before someone accuses me of trying to sling mud at the Left, I'm asking IF we think there may be something to be worried about with ole joe.  I don't think people would have expected HW to be accused a few months ago.  Looking at certain behaviors I think can give insight.  So I'm just asking.  (and I ****ing hate that I feel the need to quantify questions like this here.  I feel like that says something also.)

2 minutes ago, zoony said:

Well, I said lazy, but really you can substitute any condescending, negative adjective.  Lazy, stupid, ignorant, racist, etc.  They all work.  Just dont whine lkke a litttle **** whe n the rust belt votes republican again.  Not because its getting to me, but because its making my ears hurt.  /white men cant jump

The democrats ignoring that demographic when it comes to campaigning is a fair criticism. The GOP also ignores them, or worse, subverts them when it comes to actual policy. The GOP doesn't ignore their vote... Let's not pretend that they go after that vote by governing in those people's best interests though.

7 minutes ago, zoony said:

What Ive been saying since the election.  Dems are such hysterical ******* that they have completley crapped out.  Serious question, how does one know at this point if Trump has committed an impeachable offense?  One wouldnt.  Its lost in the ether of over the top hysterics, crying, and whining.  Heres a strategy.. drink a nice warm cup of STFU and save your powder for something important.  

https://newrepublic.com/article/145731/liberals-becoming-knee-jerk-anti-trumpists

So I had posted a long response to this that was pretty much agreeing with you.  And it got lost so I'm going to summarize. 

The Left with Trump remind me of a dumb fat kid at a buffet.  Overwhelmed with options.  And you end up loading up on mash potatoes and green beans without saving room for steak.  You dumb ****, I know you like potatoes but leave them be.  Grab the tray of steak and don't let go.  Get your money's worth.  Stop trying to get a bit of everything.  And I am ignoring the fact that a buffet probably wouldn't have good steak.  You get my point.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't thing this is  the same video I've been seeing but close enough for sake of this discussion.  Seeing how many public figures are being accused, are we sure he is clean?  Or is this just a hit piece by the right?  Honestly asking.  And FTR, I can name a lot of people who had never been accused up until a month ago.  Doesn't make them clean, just not labeled as dirty yet.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzMjFDfobiQ

The first two ladies definitely seemed uncomfortable. I think the younger girl who's hair he adjusts is his granddaughter Maisey but not 100%. She's grown up now but I think that's what she looked like when she was a kid. The rest of it was nothing. So, I'd say two of the clips are a little creepy but 10 seconds of awkward closeness in however many years will serve as absolute proof that he is a serial molester and deviant just as long as he has a dash and a D after his name. 100% chance that whoever is the democratic candidate will be just as evil and smelly as Obama and Hillary. 

11 minutes ago, zoony said:

This. 

Instead of screaming and whining. Get your house in order. Clean simple messages. Newer faces who you are certain haven't been cruising malls or grabbing #&$@*&. Stake out the high ground. Be patient. 

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

So I had posted a long response to this that was pretty much agreeing with you.  And it got lost so I'm going to summarize. 

The Left with Trump remind me of a dumb fat kid at a buffet.  Overwhelmed with options.  And you end up loading up on mash potatoes and green beans without saving room for steak.  You dumb ****, I know you like potatoes but leave them be.  Grab the tray of steak and don't let go.  Get your money's worth.  Stop trying to get a bit of everything.  And I am ignoring the fact that a buffet probably wouldn't have good steak.  You get my point.

Yup,  they filled up on the bread at the Red Lobster all you can eat shrimp extravaganza :P

Need focus, reason, and accountability from the left.  Since the election weve had little more than hysterics

Also the democratic party needs some serious self reflectiom.  I have yet to see that, only repeated affirmation that they are right and everyone else is dumb, racist, ignorant, etc.

14 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The democrats ignoring that demographic when it comes to campaigning is a fair criticism. The GOP also ignores them, or worse, subverts them when it comes to actual policy. The GOP doesn't ignore their vote... Let's not pretend that they go after that vote by governing in those people's best interests though.

Say what you want about Steve Bannon bit hes been on them like stink on **** for several years.  It was Trumps rhetoric on immigration, jobs, infrastructure, and trade that cut thru the standard GOP platform and got him the nomination.

I dont even see Dems having these arguments.  Nobody challenged Trump or Bannon on any of this, other than just calling them racist.  Which, ironically, helped them even more witn their "fake news" narratives.

Like I said, Dems are COMPLETELY out of touch with the working class in this country.  What does it say that the self appointed champion of the working class, Elizabeth Warren, is despised by the working class?  Probably want to take a look at that.  Or dont.  Probably easier to slap a label on me for pointing it out.

5 minutes ago, zoony said:

Like I said, Dems are COMPLETELY out of touch with the working class in this country.  What does it say that the self appointed champion of the working class, Elizabeth Warren, is despised by the working class?  Probably want to take a look at that.  Or dont.  Probably easier to slap a label on me for pointing it out.

Can you just say white working class? That's who you're referring to. That's who Trump and Bannon's rhetoric are appealing to.

I suppose we will just ignore Democrat gains in suburbs as pointless. 

No one is going to write the piece on suburban moms switching parties because it isn't the sob story of deindustrialized America.

But its an equally valid trend and something to consider when thinking of messaging and voter targeting. 

25 minutes ago, zoony said:

Hey great. Could've done without the last few sentences but I digress.

Dems are out of touch with the working class, ok. Who is in touch with them? Trump? FOX News? Roy Moore? Alex Jones? The folks who peddle all of the "Obama is a Muslim" & "Hillary is a satanist" memes? I believe I'd prefer to stay out of touch if I have to go to stoop to those levels.

Not that the GOP leadership or the right wing propagandists actually are in touch with the working class. They've identified that demographic (the poorly educated working class especially) as a group that is easily misled and have done an excellent job of getting their votes by convincing them that democrats are the true enemy and, in Trump's case, making obvious BS promises.

17 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Can you just say white working class? That's who you're referring to. That's who Trump and Bannon's rhetoric are appealing to.

<racist>

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Dems are out of touch with the working class, ok. Who is in touch with them

Who did they vote for and what are their core values?

8 minutes ago, zoony said:

<racist>

Who did they vote for and what are their core values?

Trump and hating Hillary

edit: Trump is not in touch with those people at all. Not even the slightest bit. Manipulating people and being in touch with them is not the same thing. He's as in touch with them as a used car salesman is with the latest mark to walk through his door.

While we are discussing the loser Democrats, they just flipped another mid size city.

This would be the third state level legislative seat Democrats have picked up in Oklahoma (3/3 I believe). 

This one follows the pattern of the other ones: deep red district flipping blue.

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Trump and hating Hillary

edit: Trump is not in touch with those people at all. Not even the slightest bit. Manipulating people and being in touch with them is not the same thing.

Seeing how the Roy Moore thing is playing out, I'd say Trump and hating democrats, not just specific to Hillary.

50 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The first two ladies definitely seemed uncomfortable. I think the younger girl who's hair he adjusts is his granddaughter Maisey but not 100%. She's grown up now but I think that's what she looked like when she was a kid. The rest of it was nothing. So, I'd say two of the clips are a little creepy but 10 seconds of awkward closeness in however many years will serve as absolute proof that he is a serial molester and deviant just as long as he has a dash and a D after his name. 100% chance that whoever is the democratic candidate will be just as evil and smelly as Obama and Hillary. 

It will be interesting to see if he does run how things play.

I think specific accusers with credible stories will be what makes the difference or not.  If all that's ever happened are the awkward interactions that's not really enough, but there will definitely be at least one cycle near the general election about it if he runs.  He can weather one cycle just with the awkward vids because people will ask for more, but if individual accusers start coming forward and are credible, it would probably sink him.

8 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I think specific accusers with credible stories will be what makes the difference or not.

You haven't been paying attention. Specific and credible would be nice bonuses but definitely not necessary.

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Trump and Bannon were only energizing one race of those in the working class. I don't know how many black workers were about Making America Great Again.

Yeah, I mean really Zoony. Saying, "Oh you're going to label republicans as racist" isn't quite the bull****, copout, reflex action that you're making it out to be. Trump is obviously either a bigot, or playing off the prejudicial biases of the GOP base for his own gain. He's not exactly shy about, is he? In fact, the "You're going to call us racists" line is actually more of a bull****, copout, reflex action.

Archived