Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sources: Explosion,Multiple Fatalities & Injuries Reported in Manchester Arena at Ariana Grande Concert

PCS

34 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

There me is no religion that could justify what was done Monday night ... no matter what you say .

Have you read the bible?  The Koran?  Do you know of the religious atrocities that have occurred over the course of history?  Even WAY outside of Christianity and its close branches?

I mean, the ****ing book tells you to stone fools that are super close to you if they do some sly **** to you.  Stone.

They be stoning girls in the streets over there in the name of Admiral Akbar or whatever the **** his name is.

WTF.

16 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

The response of the City of Manchester is better than mine.  I know it is dumb, but I want to see vengeance.  I want the life of anyone close to this suicide bomber snuffed out.  His parents, his wife, even his children -- his roomates, his friends.  Hunt them down and wipe them out.  That is how we hande these cowards.  You just traded in not your life, but your entire families.  

Ok - felt so good releasing that anger.  Equally pointless and as random as this act... 

I feel yer man. And I also hear the last line, That's what separates us and 'them.

This Liverpudlian, who is supposed to hate Mancunians as the stereotype of our two great City's goes, has just contributed to this: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/westandtogethermanchester

Because I don't know what else to do but I have to do something. It's what we do. Who we are. 

The more you try divide us. The more you unite us. 

Hail. 

Other than expression of condolence and solidarity, it's difficult to know what to say. I sometimes wrestle with the notion of a message being an act of vanity versus being an act of brotherhood. It's always meant as the latter, but will needing ears hear my words... will they provide a measure of comfort?

I hope so.

The loss of family and loved ones yesterday was monstrous. I hope everyone facing loss or struggle finds the support and strength they need.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

The God of the Christians, Muslims, and Jews are the same God. Christians believe they follow God and God's son. Muslims believe they follow God and the teachings from God's prophet Muhammad, and Jews believe they follow God.

Same God for all though.

The religions are Abrahamic but for each religion the God is different  Christians believe in God as a Trinity Muslims and Jews don't. 

Hats off to Grande who will return to have her "One Love Manchester" concert in memoriam to those killed, the proceeds to go to the families, and she'll be joined by Pharrell, Katy Perry, Usher, and others. She also said that the victims will be in her heart and mind every day. Of course her pain is not to be "compared" to those who lost family or friend, but I'd figure this to be a very disturbing and haunting memory for most folk in her position. I admire and respect her response. Pretty young to pull such stuff together so well so soon.

I always find it weird the way these things unfold afterwards in Europe compared to here.

Here it's either 1 or 2 people arrested. I can't recall the last attack that led to double digit arrests, especially within a week.

Over there, every attack seems to be followed by double digit arrests - many times the next day is when it starts.

Are they better at investigating it? Worse at preventing it? Do they just have a much bigger problem? Are they making huge mistakes and innocent people are getting swept up by law enforcement?

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Are they better at investigating it? Worse at preventing it? Do they just have a much bigger problem? Are they making huge mistakes and innocent people are getting swept up by law enforcement?

I'll go with no, yes, yes, maybe.

2 hours ago, tshile said:

I always find it weird the way these things unfold afterwards in Europe compared to here.

Here it's either 1 or 2 people arrested. I can't recall the last attack that led to double digit arrests, especially within a week.

Over there, every attack seems to be followed by double digit arrests - many times the next day is when it starts.

Or maybe their problem is different.  

Seems like most (heck, virtually all) of the terrorism in the US committed by US citizens who become "disgruntled postal workers".  Many of them, I have the impression, have been living pretty prosperous middle class American lives.  Their only "network" that we find is "well, they watched a few YouTube videos".  

Archived