Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Fit Your Stereotype?

Major Harris

1st, credit to @Renegade7 for the thread idea.

I am from WV.  I have all my teeth, never banged a relative.

I am white, but I am willing to discipline my kids in public.

I am a teacher, but not a bleeding heart liberal.

I am a P.E. teacher, but I can finish a crossword puzzle, sudoku, and cryptoquip.

I am a football coach, but I am not morbidly obese.

I drive a full size pick up but hate country music (with exceptions made for Taylor Swift)

Where do you fit in?

How about you?

45 minutes ago, Major Harris said:

1st, credit to @Renegade7 for the thread idea.

I am from WV.  I have all my teeth, never banged a relative.

I am white, but I am willing to discipline my kids in public.

I am a teacher, but not a bleeding heart liberal.

I am a P.E. teacher, but I can finish a crossword puzzle, sudoku, and cryptoquip.

I am a football coach, but I am not morbidly obese.

I drive a full size pick up but hate country music (with exceptions made for Taylor Swift)

Where do you fit in?

How about you?

Nice try you racist asshole.  Hope you enjoy your white priveledge

Im live in Appalachia, but i think sheep are ugly.  Goats, on the other hand.

BTW, as a public service message, everyone in TN is inbred.  Do not move here you will hate it.  Stay in california please.

4 minutes ago, zoony said:

Nice try you racist asshole.  Hope you enjoy your white priveledge

Im live in Appalachia, but i think sheep are ugly.  Goats, on the other hand.

BTW, as a public service message, everyone in TN is inbred.  Do not move here you will hate it.  Stay in california please.

oh, hell yeah..

i forgot to mention it.  i'm alone that i don't fit the stereotype.  It's bad here, stay in NOVA.

No. Not even close. 

I purposely try not to fit into a stereotypical corner. 

I eat all kinds of food, talk to all kinds of people, listen to all kinds of music, speak 3 languages reasonably. 

The only thing that people can tell about me upon meeting me is that either I was in the military or I was raised that way. 

The jabroni beatin, pie eating, trail blazin, eye brow raisin, the best in the present, future and past, and if ya'll don't like me you can kiss the people's ass!

3 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

It's not fake, it is intentional. I don't want to follow what everyone else does. 

intentional is fake a whole lot.  (not saying you are, never met you)

2 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Hipsters don't own Tims. They own Toms. 

1999 hipsters did, you old fart.

Just now, Major Harris said:

intentional is fake a whole lot.  (not saying you are, never met you)

Todays outfit. A Miller Lite T, Tims, Jeans, BDU jacket, Redskins hat. 

99 ? Hell, I graduated HS in 90. Damn, I am old. 

I doubt it. 

I'm not sure what my stereotype is to be, except currently it seems as a white American, i am part of this "White America" thing that asserts we're all privileged racists.

I'm not a racist, and I don't have much money. I've had to scratch for everything i have ever gotten, sans education. Never went to college, pretty much taught myself most of what I know. This used to be more problematic before I learned web development. Now talent sells itself, not degrees of class sitting and sheepskins.

Looking at me, i don't seem very athletic,, i'm built like a fire hydrant, but i'm a lot faster and much more coordinated than some folks seem to believe. (I play tennis,, and i'd like a dollar for every time i heard someone figure there was no way i would get the shot i just got, and i'd like five from everyone who thought they'd have an easy match upon seeing me.

I'm a graphic designer / Adobe geek. but i have no tape on my glasses, and i don't speak in a bunch of gibberish jargon.

I have always been a big fan of comic books, and i have never owned a single pair of Underoos. And again, no tape on glasses, and no problem getting girlfriends, even before comics became mainstream cool.

I am white and middle aged, and I don't have a goatee. Seems everyone else does, though.

I drive a Prius...  which i drive like a Prius, so yeah, that one fits. I gave up on driving like a maniac long ago. it's just not worth the hassle.

My screen name here on ES is my nickname in real life, so that is pretty cool. Since you don't assign yourself a nickname unless you're an incredible douchebag, it could have been a lot worse.

~Bang

Hippie dyke here

Today I'm wearing a plaid flannel shirt. I'm not Butch.

Before I had my daughter, I was pretty wild and partied big time. Then I had to earn a living, raising my daughter on my own. To support us, I entered the world of the military industrial complex, just retired. Since I was an anti-war protester, I had to conduct my life counter to my beliefs. Now that I am retired, I am going to get active again. I wish I still had my complete health, I will do what I am able.

Single for a long time and happy. Not happy to be moving to Austin, hate the state of Texas. Happy to be near my daughter and granddaughter.

I don't hate men. They just aren't part of my personal life. I'm missing my brother a bunch. Will be happy to meet my daughter's boyfriend.

I guess it depends which stereotype group you want to place me into.

A bunch of my artsy friends can't fathom why I love football.

Some of my football friends can't fathom why I write and love musicals or opera.

Some of my Marine buddies can't understand how I can work so hard volunteering in military hospitals, but be so anti-war.

On the other hand, some people see me as an intellectual Jew who drives a Prius is more liberal than not and worked as a teacher and on NPR and figure that's the sum of my identity. I am proudly a product of my culture (American, Jewish, DMV, etc.) and so don't mind some of the stereotypes that fit. I don't think all of them are bad, but I neither try to live up to their standard nor reject them. As to the negative stereotypes, am I stingy, greedy, etc. I don't think anyone who knows me would label me that way. I try to be good person. That's really the main goal. To be a good person who provokes a little thought, a little laughter, teaches, helps, and maybe leaves the world or his family/community in a slightly better state.

I have no idea what my stereotype would be. I am white, 53, from Bethesda but now living in GA, and I have a Master's degree. 

I did have long hair when I was making electric guitars and pickups.

I am Libertarian, but I have never used drugs nor am I rich.

I paint now as a hobby, but I am straight. I work as a programmer, but love history, music and art.

I'm white and I can't dance, I have no rhythm, can't jump, and can't play basketball.

Im about as plain as you can get. I don't keep up with pop culture and don't know slang that is newer than the mid 90s. I wear fairly basic clothes, but try not to look like a bum.

Im pale and the sun has been my biggest enemy in life many times. 

Although I live in NC now, I don't like NASCAR or country music. 

Oh and even though I'm almost 40, I don't golf, which apparently is not even heard of according to some people I know.

So yeah, I fit most of my stereotypes, but am way off on a few.

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Hippie dyke here

Today I'm wearing a plaid flannel shirt. I'm not Butch.

Before I had my daughter, I was pretty wild and partied big time. Then I had to earn a living, raising my daughter on my own. To support us, I entered the world of the military industrial complex, just retired. Since I was an anti-war protester, I had to conduct my life counter to my beliefs. Now that I am retired, I am going to get active again. I wish I still had my complete health, I will do what I am able.

Single for a long time and happy. Not happy to be moving to Austin, hate the state of Texas. Happy to be near my daughter and granddaughter.

I don't hate men. They just aren't part of my personal life. I'm missing my brother a bunch. Will be happy to meet my daughter's boyfriend.

I think you'll like Austin.  It's trending less weird (Keep Austin Weird is the motto) and more yuppy-ish, but it's got a lot going for it.  Good luck to you!

Archived