Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

TSO

Wow....those Kansas defenders kind of remind me of Denver's defense in the SB where our o-line basically destroyed them. They're god awful and look like D-3 players. Not trying to knock Perine but those holes are HUGE. ..LOL. 

Yah, to me, that Kansas game is by far the least impressive bit of tape. Which is odd considering he ran for 428 yards, but no one touches him until 30 yards downfield most of the time, if they touch him at all.

The tape vs better teams is much more telling though, and I like the way he runs. I only question how fast he will look vs NFL defenses. I know he won't look AS fast but hopefully he'll still have that burst, to some degree.

Time will tell.

9 hours ago, SpacePenguin said:

Yah, to me, that Kansas game is by far the least impressive bit of tape. Which is odd considering he ran for 428 yards, but no one touches him until 30 yards downfield most of the time, if they touch him at all.

The tape vs better teams is much more telling though, and I like the way he runs. I only question how fast he will look vs NFL defenses. I know he won't look AS fast but hopefully he'll still have that burst, to some degree.

Time will tell.

Yeah, that tape didn't show anything. This one is better. He has really good balance.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=samaje+perine&&view=detail&mid=3EEE331D5E82DF29F0BC3EEE331D5E82DF29F0BC&FORM=VRDGAR

The way he trucks people, it makes me wonder if he could also play inside linebacker lol.. God he hits hard.. 

I'm impressed. I think Kelly will be challenged hard. Let the best man win. I'm excited about our run game this year.

10 hours ago, SpacePenguin said:

Time will tell.

Clemson is pretty good to watch.

1 hour ago, Guardshock said:

The way he trucks people, it makes me wonder if he could also play inside linebacker lol.. God he hits hard.. 

I'm impressed. I think Kelly will be challenged hard. Let the best man win. I'm excited about our run game this year.

I don't think it will necessarily be Kelly vs Perine. I think they're both physical runners but they have somewhat different skill sets. 

I had my wife come in and watch his tape. She a Steelers (Don't judge!) fan and her co favorite player of all time is Jerome Bettis.

She was like, "OMG, he's like the ****ing Bus!" And he kept going on and on about how many times he should have been down, and wasn't.

Finally, she said "Your RZ problems are over, no one keeps him out of the end zone."

She kinda liked him. ;)

5 hours ago, Morneblade said:

I had my wife come in and watch his tape. She a Steelers (Don't judge!) fan and her co favorite player of all time is Jerome Bettis.

She was like, "OMG, he's like the ****ing Bus!" And he kept going on and on about how many times he should have been down, and wasn't.

Finally, she said "Your RZ problems are over, no one keeps him out of the end zone."

She kinda liked him. ;)

Thats exactly who I thought of as well, but with better hands and slightly less shifty. I think he'll have a similar career.

8 hours ago, Morneblade said:

She kinda liked him. ;)

That a pretty solid comp IMO.  

I gotta admit, I'm really undecided about our line, and their run blocking.  If I had to guess, I'd say they weren't helped by the roster around them - TE/WR blocking especially - the play calling, and possibly the backs we've had.  On the other hand, I think Moses has some room for improvement and Long/Lauvao were mostly so so (though I expect Long to get better).  

Also, did Kelley make the line look better with his ability to avoid TFLs, or worse because of some of the holes he missed and the lack of big plays?  Enough nuance to the run game that I'm uncertain what to expect.  

Anyway, I'm excited to see Perine in action and to see how different (if at all) our run game looks this year.  

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

That a pretty solid comp IMO.  

I gotta admit, I'm really undecided about our line, and their run blocking.  If I had to guess, I'd say they weren't helped by the roster around them - TE/WR blocking especially - the play calling, and possibly the backs we've had.  On the other hand, I think Moses has some room for improvement and Long/Lauvao were mostly so so (though I expect Long to get better).  

Also, did Kelley make the line look better with his ability to avoid TFLs, or worse because of some of the holes he missed and the lack of big plays?  Enough nuance to the run game that I'm uncertain what to expect.  

Anyway, I'm excited to see Perine in action and to see how different (if at all) our run game looks this year.  

Sprinkle will help with the blocking. I watched a few of his game tapes. Pretty decent receiver. Distroyed people as a blocker. He was a better blocker than their RT most of the time. It's not often I get giddy like a school girl watching a TE pancake DE's and LB's. He will help the run game.

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Sprinkle will help with the blocking. I watched a few of his game tapes. Pretty decent receiver. Distroyed people as a blocker. He was a better blocker than their RT most of the time. It's not often I get giddy like a school girl watching a TE pancake DE's and LB's. He will help the run game.

Lol, yeah, I definitely want to watch more tape on him.  Not sure what kind of PT he'll get though, barring injury to Reed or Davis.  Wel... I suppose we do run 3 TE sets occasionally.

48 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Lol, yeah, I definitely want to watch more tape on him.  Not sure what kind of PT he'll get though, barring injury to Reed or Davis.  Wel... I suppose we do run 3 TE sets occasionally.

I think anytime we have a inline TE set, he's going to be the guy.

5 hours ago, skinny21 said:

That looks like a lot of playing time. Ya know Reeds getting injured and will miss time and Davis only has a couple starts in him. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Sprinkle gets some starting time this year.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That looks like a lot of playing time. Ya know Reeds getting injured and will miss time and Davis only has a couple starts in him. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Sprinkle gets some starting time this year.

I'm optimistic that he does see a decent amount of snaps (hopefully not due to Reed getting injured though).  I'm not ready to dismiss Paul yet, but yeah, I think Sprinkle is a great fit with his blocking.  

On 5/4/2017 at 9:38 PM, Morneblade said:

Yeah, that tape didn't show anything. This one is better. He has really good balance.

ES can quote me on this: Perine will be our starting RB at some point this season and never look back. 

9 hours ago, elkabong82 said:

ES can quote me on this: Perine will be our starting RB at some point this season and never look back. 

I think he will be our starter at the beginning of the season.  He's an every down back that can block, catch, and knock the crap out of people.  Sign me up!  Fat Rob has been put on notice, Matt Jones will be cut, and Mack Brown won't even sniff the field after preseason.  Samaje Perine and  Chris Thompson, as the change of pace back... oh the possibilities!  Gruden has to be licking his chops at that combination!

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm definitely curious about how Kelley and Brown have been spending their off-season. 

I know Kelley has a football camp in July, with Josh Norman as a participant.  I don't know about Brown, but I would bet my bottom dollar Kelley is working his ass off.  He does not strike me as a person who thinks they have "made it".  I think he is reallllly hungry & will not give up his position without a fight.  It's really a great position to be in.  I WANT our players to push constantly, and be pushed.  It is how you get better.  It will be a great battle between Kelley & Perine....it just makes us more dangerous.  

53 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

I know Kelley has a football camp in July, with Josh Norman as a participant.  I don't know about Brown, but I would bet my bottom dollar Kelley is working his ass off.  He does not strike me as a person who thinks they have "made it".  I think he is reallllly hungry & will not give up his position without a fight.  It's really a great position to be in.  I WANT our players to push constantly, and be pushed.  It is how you get better.  It will be a great battle between Kelley & Perine....it just makes us more dangerous.  

Totally agree. I don't think we should be writting Kelley off so quickly though. Pretty cool that he plays FB also.

I think if our run blocking improves just a little, with this guy we will convert a lot more 3rd and 1s.  My main concern is that after coming back from the injury, he seemed to get less yards after contact.  Otherwise its hard not to be impressed with his balance and leg churn.

Archived