Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

TSO

5 hours ago, FireInHisBelly said:

I don't think this has been posted here yet, but this was a fun read - I got giddy in reading some of the comments, especially the one by Baker Mayfield: "First of all, you don't find a kid that age who looks like a grown man. He looks like he's about 40. And then you put him in a weight room and he looks like he's in the world lifting championships. He's a freak. He plays around and tries to be gentle, but he's not very gentle. He doesn't know his own strength. He'll try to rub your neck and your shoulders and it hurts really badly. He needs to calm down."

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210262415

This is incredible. 

"The only way he talks is if you say something that gets to him. Other than that he's just going to break you down and you're going to feel bad looking at him do it."  :ols:

And the car one. Hysterical. 

Not only do I see a guy with the potential to be a solid back in the NFL, but also a guy who is intelligent, with good character, and realistic about how much more difficult it will be in the NFL to get some of those break away runs. 

I don't know that he should start this year.  It ultimately depends on how he does in the pre-season, but I think Rob Kelley has all but earned the starting spot.  Open competition between Perine and Brown for the second spot. 

I don't think it's possible to "earn" a starting job before training camp even starts, especially as a 2nd year former UDFA. Anyone in the competition needs to get reps with the 1's and 2's, and may the best man win. It will probably be a messy committee with CT as well unless someone dominates anyways.

On 6/8/2017 at 11:15 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't think it's possible to "earn" a starting job before training camp even starts, especially as a 2nd year former UDFA. Anyone in the competition needs to get reps with the 1's and 2's, and may the best man win. It will probably be a messy committee with CT as well unless someone dominates anyways.

Based on his performance last year, Rob Kelley is way ahead of the other two.  I would be really surprised if Perine was able to earn the starting spot in the pre-season.  I think he is more a guy for the future and Rob Kelley is the guy for right now.  We have seen very little from Mack Brown, but what we have seen is pretty good.  I think Brown is Perine's real competition in year 1.

• 1 month later...

Archived