Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 7

Riggo-toni

Here's what I think will happen:

The alliance will defeat the invasion of the white walkers and either eradicate them and destroy the final natural connections to the era of the children of the forest, or Bran will facilitate some sort of stable truce and harmonic balance between them and the rest of Westeros.  Maybe they get a preserve, or are healed in some way, and the cycle of long summers and devastating winters could end.

Jon will politically unify Westeros and take the throne.  He will not shirk his duty.  He'll either marry Daenerys and she'll be some sort of Queen consort, or she'll just be an exceptionally influential member of the Royal house.  They don't need to marry for her to be in the story because she's already an influential Royal.  This will usher in a new era of stability and development and since Daenarys has already stimulated trans-oceanic trade, contact, and travel between the continents, we'll see that increase and society lurch toward industrialization.  Probably something in the form of an invention or institution like a university created by a character like Samwell Tarly.

49 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Hmmm, the girl in front looked a lot like Michelle Tractenburg (sp?) but it wasn't her.  

That is Alison Brie. IMO, a hotter version of Michelle. 

I have no idea what direction the show will take.  I kinda think that GRRM, left to his own devices, would not write a "flowers and roses" happy ending.  So, I see something happening between the two of them.

My prediction is at the end, one of them will not be alive. I think It will likely be Dany that dies. I think the prophecy about Azor Ahai(who is likely Jon), will come true and one of them will sacrifice themselves to make sure the NK is defeated. I'm just not sure how it happens, but whenever it does, that asshat Martin will tweet he "wrote" it differently. 

When you say everything he has done, what is everything, apart from pushing Bran out a window?  Honest question, I haven't watched the early episodes in a while, I can't remember what else evil he would have done that Brienne wouldn't know about.  Clearly she knows about him killing the Mad King.  Everybody does.  And I'm also pretty sure she knows/believes that Jamie and Cercei are (or at least have been for ages) lovers. 

Though, pushing a kid out of a window is kindof a game changer.  Especially when you're doing it to keep your incest relationship with your sister secret...

I agree that it needs to be addressed, although whatever Stark punishment Jaime deserves probably won't happen considering they are about to be in an all-out war with the dead. If D&D don't address it they have failed their audience to a degree. 

The other things he's done that I thinking of was killing his cousin when he was imprisoned by Robb in order to escape. Attacking Ned when he was outnumbered and killing Jory. Just basically dishonorable things that he did in Seasons 1 and 2, that Brienne hadn't been around for and maybe hasn't heard about. 

17 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

The other things he's done that I thinking of was killing his cousin when he was imprisoned by Robb in order to escape. Attacking Ned when he was outnumbered and killing Jory. Just basically dishonorable things that he did in Seasons 1 and 2, that Brienne hadn't been around for and maybe hasn't heard about.

I totally forgot he killed his cousin.  

The attacking Ned I forgive, because while Ned was outnumbered, he really took Ned on 1:1 until that other doofus interfered.  Who, if memory serves, he killed. (Or at least stabbed?)

Who is Jory?

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I totally forgot he killed his cousin.  

The attacking Ned I forgive, because while Ned was outnumbered, he really took Ned on 1:1 until that other doofus interfered.  Who, if memory serves, he killed. (Or at least stabbed?)

Who is Jory?

Jory was the head of Ned's guard. The one Jaime insulted every chance he got, and stabbed in the eye when Ned was crippled. 

I don't really see the Lord of Light resurrecting Jon (or anyone) and then them living their lives happily.  I see it as finding a willing tool (no offense Jon) for a certain task, which ends in the their death.  Don't think Jon makes it to the end, but he will have a large part in saving humanity (so it'll be worth it to Jon).  Getting him of the way takes care of the incest thing too... though I could absolutely see him getting Dany pregnant with a male heir so that the line continues.  It would be fitting that he 'replaces' her lost "child".  

It's going to be interesting to see where they go with the grander story arcs - breaking the wheel, wrapping in the Lord of Light, the First Children and White Walkers.  Easier to make that the major theme/ending in book format, I'd think.  

Wondering how Jorah is going to do meeting the Lady of Mormont.  Think that's his path to redemption (giving his life to save her or something).  Pretty cool how many 'reunions' they've had so far and yet they still have more left - Jamie and Brienne, Jamie and Bran (as well as Sansa/Arya), Hound and Arya/Sansa, Brienne and Tormund, Gendry and Arya, etc.  

Long term, I think having Dany, Sansa, Sam, Tyrion, Lady Mormont and Theon (he's a new man after the pep talk from Jon, lol) as Heads of their Houses could help usher in a sort of democracy/republic... if they make it that far.  Wonder if Gendry gets lands, 'cause he's sort of cut from that same cloth.  In that vein, Brienne, assuming she dies at some point, could name Podrick her heir... or maybe she marries Tormund, lol.  Then there's Meera becoming the lady of... wherever.  Ser Davos is another, though I can't recall if all his kids died already.  Anyone else I'm missing?

Fairy tale ending, but you'd still have plenty of well-liked and/or big name people to kill off - Jamie, Hound, Jorah, Bronn, Bran (with the WW gone, no need for the 3 eyed raven), Arya, Jon, Cercei, etc.  I'll add that I could see Bronn flipping in exchange for Highgarden, but he's far less upstanding than the others.  Don't know that he fits the mold.  

Not sure what they'd do about the Vale brat though... maybe Arya takes LF's face and teaches that kid what's what.  

Why does it seem like Dorne is/was populated by 4 chicks?  Don't they have armies?  Other royal families?

12 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Jory was the head of Ned's guard. The one Jaime insulted every chance he got, and stabbed in the eye when Ned was crippled. 

He was quite the ass early on, wasn't he?  He was really a villain.  I think that his time as Robb's prisoner, losing his hand, helping Brienne really changed him, at least the perception of him.

But he was a bad dude.  

GRRM really likes taking bad guys and showing they aren't monsters, and good guys and showing they aren't perfect.  With really 1 exception (that I can think of): Ramsey was a bad guy with no redeeming qualities.  

28 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Dany killing Kon would make it super awkward when the red witch resurrects him again.

Jonaegon: Really??

That would be funny.  

28 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Bran Warging into Jon while he sticks Dany would be pretty awkward too.

Wargaryan

Dude.  Put it down and step away.  

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

The fella had the handle "Kingslayer" for saving a crap ton of lives, while killing the man he was suppose to protect. Dishonored for being honorable, he probably didn't care about honor at that point, because it had already failed him.

This is shaping up perfectly to be Stephen Kings storm of the century. 

The NK runs thru Westeros and stops at Winterfell. He finally speaks, telling all there: "give me what I want and I'll go away" he then kills someone to demonstrate his power and temporarily leaves. 

This happens a few more times with More and more people dying until it appears hopeless. Finally it is revealed that the NK wants a wife to father a true son and successor. 

Daenerys must give herself to the NK to be his wife or else all the world will perish. It is written that his son will return in 10,000 years or whatever for the same thing.

and so the cycle will always repeat

Boom. 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is shaping up perfectly to be Stephen Kings storm of the century. 

The NK runs thru Westeros and stops at Winterfell. He finally speaks, tellinn all there: "give me what I want and I'll go away" he then kills someone to demonstrate his power and temporarily leaves. 

This happens a few more times with More and more people dying until I appears hopeless. Finally it is revealed that the NK either wants a wife to father a true son and successor. 

Daenerys must give herself to the NK to be his wife or else all the world will perish. It is written that his son will return in 10,000 years or whatever for the same thing.

and so the cycle will always repeat

Boom. 

Slow Clap.  You figured it out.  GRRM meets Stephen King.  

3 minutes ago, Yohan said:

The fella had the handle "Kingslayer" for saving a crap ton of lives, while killing the man he was suppose to protect. Dishonored for being honorable, he probably didn't care about honor at that point, because it had already failed him.

I agree. After being branded the Kingslayer despite doin the right thing and saving a million people his life was forever altered. He should be celebrated as a hero of the realm. 

At that point he just said **** it. Shortly after he was wrapped up in a relationship wh Cersei and never really got aWay from that influence until his capture when we finally started to see the real Jaime 

bits and pieces have shown thru ever since. Hopefully he is on his final psh to complete redemption and will be remembered as the hero that he was 

The lore of westeros goes into more about Jamie and Mad King in terms of motivation.

Tywin and Aerys were friends but had a falling out when courtiers started saying Tywin actually ran the kingdom not Aerys. Not untrue. Then Aerys allegedly slept with Tywin's wife. Then appointed Jamie to the Kingsguard-honor on the surface but basically stole Tywins "only" son and heir. 

I believe,IIRC, Tywin came back to sack Kingslanding and Jamie stabbed Aerys. 

I thought it was odd that Bronn grabbed Pod at the Dragon Pit to let the grown ups talk. Doing some research the actors that play Bronn and Cersi use to date. It didn't end well. They both have it written in their contracts not to do scenes with each other and are to be kept apart. So I would assume Bronn is either out the game all together, or he will be chasing after Jamie.

I just re-watched parts of the episode.  I loved the Arya/Sansa/Baelish scene even more.  I also think the Sam/Bran narration of Jon riding the dragon was just so spectacularly directed, edited and acted. They really only presented 1 new piece of information (Jon's name) and confirmed everything else we knew.  But they did it in a way that was interesting, and intentionally creepy (Aunt-cest!) that just worked beautifully.  

I really hope that we get a few scenes with the Hound and Arya next season.  They had fantastic chemistry, and that would be a lot of fun.  

I also want to know where Jamie is headed.  If he's headed to Brienne, and Brienne is heading back to Winterfell, the Jamie/Bran reunion could be a little sticky for Jamie. That would really be talking about your chickens coming home to roost.  

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I also want to know where Jamie is headed.  If he's headed to Brienne, and Brienne is heading back to Winterfell, the Jamie/Bran reunion could be a little sticky for Jamie. That would really be talking about your chickens coming home to roost.  

Without that incident, it's hard to say whether or not Bran would have become the 3ER ... and I think given Jaime's relationships and his desire to fight for the good team, there will be enough advocates for him, even if Bran wants to punish him (or Arya or Sansa or Jon)

Not to say there won't be a tense scene if he makes it to Winterfell where he'll be asked to answer to his sins and he'll have some sort of "bathtub" confessional/moment like he did with Brienne in Season 2/3 whenever that was

Not to say there won't be a tense scene if he makes it to Winterfell where he'll be asked to answer to his sins and he'll have some sort of "bathtub" confessional/moment like he did with Brienne in Season 2/3 whenever that was

Dany will be in Winterfell by that time. 

Jamie will have to bend the knee to her and that will atone for him pushing Bran out of the window. He also has to inform Dany and Jon that Cersei isn't sending any troops, so every person counts. 

Gendry gets busy making dragonglass weapons.

32 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Nah, Hound will just tell Bran to stop wieging about it. :)    (Sorry, can't seem to let that go ^_^)

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Without that incident, it's hard to say whether or not Bran would have become the 3ER ... and I think given Jaime's relationships and his desire to fight for the good team, there will be enough advocates for him, even if Bran wants to punish him (or Arya or Sansa or Jon)

Do we really have any idea if that fall had anything to do with Bran becoming the 3 eyed raven?  Maybe it did.  Maybe it didn't.  What is probably easier to understand is that Bran still can't walk, and that probably ruffles his feathers a bit.  (see what I did there?)

So, I can totally see him saying by way of introduction, "Hello Sir Jamie.  Last time you were here, you pushed me out of the window to protect the secret of you screwing your sister."  I'm not saying that he dies at that moment, but I think it's going to lead to some tough conversations.  I also think Arya will want to end him.  I do wonder, though, could that give Arya the reason to kill Jamie, and then could she use Jamie's face to get close to Cercei?  That wouldn't be the worst plan to kill Cercei.  

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yeah, I'm not sure that there is much of a way to answer for the sin of pushing a young boy out of a window to protect your secret love affair with your sister.  The only way that you atone for that is to die.  There is no explanation, like there was to why he killed the Mad King.  That was actually an act of valor, but this wasn't.  There's nothing to be said about it.  So, I'm not entirely sure what type of confession he could make that would change anything. 

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Dany will be in Winterfell by that time. 

Jamie will have to bend the knee to her and that will atone for him pushing Bran out of the window. He also has to inform Dany and Jon that Cersei isn't sending any troops, so every person counts. 

Danny: Bend the knee.

Bran: Oh, btw, before he bends the knee, he pushed me out a window and I can't walk evermore.  

Jon: Excuse me (puts hand on Long Claw)

Jamie: Wait Wait! I have information! Cercei is going to betray you! She's going to get the Gold Company from Esos?!

Tyrian: I know.  Dario told me.  We're suckering the Ironborn fleet into Slavers Bay where we are going to roast them with Dragon Fire.  You really pushed the boy out of a window? Jamie.  Come on.  

Jon: Do you have anything else to say?

Danny: Bend the knee.

Jamie: Ok.

Jon: (Walks up and lops off his head.) Thank you honey, Having him bend the knee made it easier to swing the sword.Ary

Arya: (quietly takes Jamie's head and runs off to her room.)

Danny: You're welcome snookums.  Let's go ****.  Your room or mine?

Bran: waaaaaiiiiittttt!

(Door slams as Danny and Jon get it on)

Bran: Damn.

Sam: Well, you know ...

Sansa: What the hell guys?

Sam: (Takes a deep breath) Rheagar had his marriage annuled to Elia Martel Married your aunt Lyanna Stark had Aegon Targaryan Rob got his nose out of joint about it started the rebellion killed Rheagar Lyanna made Ned promise to protect Aegon so Ned named him Jon snow and now he's screwing his aunt. (Lets out deep breath.)

Sansa:  Seriously, I'm the normal one?  What the actual ****.  

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Gendry gets busy making dragonglass weapons.

That is his destiny.  That and rowing.  

Archived