Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 7

Riggo-toni

I think the best show ever made is Mad Men. It is truly art and perfection. There wasn't a single episode that wasn't very good at the worst. And it had about 5 seconds of violence thru 70 episodes yet was incredibly engaging throughout 

Game of Thrones is something completely different tho. There is nothing quite like it and that's why it's sucked me in like really nothing else. It checks all the boxes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 6:17 PM, visionary said:

GOT may be my favorite all time show.  But I love fantasy and similar stuff and don’t really care for mob or drug related shows Iike the others mentioned.

Yeah, I just don't get the love the Sopranos gets. I tried to like it, tried twice. Couldn't get past the first season. Breaking Bad and The Wire I get, I think GoT is right there with those two. It's a different kind of show, but I think these three invoke the same feelings of awe, excitement and heartache despite being very different in setting and execution. 

I can understand not ranking GoT as high as some other series. Part of the problem is book adoption, and D&D were force to fit the 800-1000 page books into 10 episodes.  They had to do certain things like omitting / combing characters, whether it made sense or not. Seasons 1-4 were some of the best TV I've seen, despite these flaws.   I think its been pretty meh since season 5, mostly because the source material dried up, though seeing loose ends tied up has been satisfying..  For example, for as much as they built up Petyr Baelish's character, what he's done since season 5 was a real headscracther, and his character went down too easily.   I also don't like how Jon Snow made the same mistakes as Robb and Ned Stark, but was basically bailed out by divine intervention, yet again.  It would have been much more fitting if hadn't fallen for Ramsey's trap, contrasting his character with that of his father/half-brother (or uncle/cousin I guess)

• 3 months later...
On 10/16/2017 at 7:32 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Mods: Im gonna have to recommend a 2 week ban to the above users account please!! :chair: lol

I get it. I HATE mint chocolate chip ice cream, but a lot of people seem to love it. Just like how a lot of people LOVE to brush their teeth THEN eat ice cream. 

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

Not our fault you were born a sad twisted creature that can't appreciate mint chocolate chip. 

My rule, it has to be green.  Sorry, if its vanilla colored and it says mint choc chip, thats a foul.  Its a disturbing trend

1 hour ago, Mufumonk said:

There's some pretty major spoilers out now. :wtf:

Link?  Unloke most i love spoilers

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I don't want to see spoilers. What Dinkledge says is enough.

But was he talking about the plot, or just not being on the show anymore?

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Haven't tried that brand. I go back and forth between Haagen Das and Breyer's depending on my budget. 

breyers used to be good, but has been **** for the last 10 years or so.  the  Turkey hill in the black containers (they have 2 "levels" of ice cream... the black boxes are the good ****)  uses the same general recipes as Breyers used to use (ie/ no guar gum or other thickeners, and no preservatives)  it is the best "big carton" ice cream on the regular supermarket aisle... by a country mile.    

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Hmmm, I am going to the store later today and will check it out.

Zoony, I just saw a headline about Dinklege and didn't read it because I don't want to know, so can't comment further.

Also folks, can we refrain from spoilers or at least put them in hidden text? Thanks!

I’m not even playing the fanboy theory game this off-season. Did that last year and read some stuff that I didn’t want to know. 

Archived