Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYDN: Passenger Dragged off of Overbooked United Airlines Plane

RonArtest15

Hold up.

Now I'm not normally one to trust sources like tmz, but if their smut is correct then this guy is a stone cold drug dealer.  96 counts of illegally prescribing opiates?  IF their reporting is accurate, then this guy is a giant grade A jagoff and deserved everything that came his way.

I have no love for doctors that get people hooked on heroin.  **** that.

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

Isn't JMS a bot? ;) 

Or am I thinking of someone else from the political threads?

I thought jshuck got a temp ban or something?

The anger is slowly building and by election day; there's a chance of a Democratic wave to take congress back and stop Trump from doing anymore harm.

54 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Hold up.

Now I'm not normally one to trust sources like tmz, but if their smut is correct then this guy is a stone cold drug dealer.  96 counts of illegally prescribing opiates?  IF their reporting is accurate, then this guy is a giant grade A jagoff and deserved everything that came his way.

I have no love for doctors that get people hooked on heroin.  **** that.

None of this has anything to do with what happened on and off the plane.  But if you really feel that way, you might wanna have a go at Florida Gov. Rick Scott.  He's directly responsible for tens of thousands of addicts.

https://www.thefix.com/content/what-it-florida’s-governor-rick-scott

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

None of this has anything to do with what happened on and off the plane.  But if you really feel that way, you might wanna have a go at Florida Gov. Rick Scott.  He's directly responsible for tens of thousands of addicts.

https://www.thefix.com/content/what-it-florida’s-governor-rick-scott

You wont catch me defending him.

Our country's heroin epidemic is one subject that I really feel strongly about, and doctors who over-prescribed, enabled and supplied addicts are on the forefront of the problem.  They're nearly equivalent to street dealers as far as I'm concerned.

I can't say that THIS is actually what he's done because I don't really trust tmz.  If it's accurate though... man do I lose any sympathy for this guy.

Best hope nothing ever happens to you, because of that thing you did way back when.

"Paid debt to society" means nothing anymore. We may as well start putting people away for life for any crime (Jeff Sessions just smiled.)

Our society hates. That's all it does anymore.

Our society rips at itself and loves nothing more than to shred anyone who ever gets noticed for anything. 

well, unless you can play football. Then it doesn't matter what you've done (unless it's kneel during the anthem or something heinous like that)

I really hate what this country has become. Kardashian Kulture. Shallow, plastic, perpetually angry, ignorant and proud of it. No morals, no scruples, no balls, and no brains.

~Bang

8 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

would have came out already, like this did.

derp, derp, derp

Hahahahaha

No, officers' skeletons tend to stay in the closet buried under circled wagons.  Only when they REALLY REALLY screw up do they come out, and even then it's pretty much never criminally, only in civil cases.  Look at Baltimore, for example, and see how many civil cases they lose (tons and tons) compared to how many criminal prosecutions of officers there are (next to none).

1 hour ago, Bang said:

well, unless you can play football. Then it doesn't matter what you've done (unless it's kneel during the anthem or something heinous like that)

Or you play for the Redskins.

I will say this, I haven't seen too many people in my social media try to peddle the "he was a bad guy" argument, and I have a number of people who love to victim blame.  Like, they victim blamed fiercely through all the recent modern instances where victim blaming was a thing.  They've been quiet, which I take as a signal that even they know that dragging up the skeletons is a bad argument.

This is a THOROUGH run-down of what transpired on the plane w/ Dao.  It covers the Chicago PD having a false statement, potentially two David Dao's (which would mean a couple of lawsuits due to mistaken identity and also dragging someone else's past out in public, etc.)  Fantastic read from start to finish...

UPDATE: So it turns out that ‘The Meeja” confused Dr David Dao, last seen being hauled off a United airlines flight, with another David Dao who was arrested for soliciting a gay prostitute for drugs and now they all stand to be sued for defamation. Hate to say I told you so… More to follow. 

This post has been updated, scroll down for details. 

IN addition to racial profiling, draconian security measures, a distinct possibility of having your electronic devices confiscated and inevitable delays, air-flight travellers can now add casual police brutality to their list of common airport inconveniences. 

In case you missed it, United yesterday sent the Chicago Police onto one of its flights at O’hare Airport to drag a paying customer out of his seat because the airline had “overbooked”. They did so by slamming his head into a seat rest and carrying him off the flight, seemingly concussed.

As it turns out, the flight wasn’t even overbooked. United tried to remove four passengers so it could use the seats to shuttle four airline staff to another airport.

United will rough you up before it pays for its mistakes

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Best hope nothing ever happens to you, because of that thing you did way back when.

"Paid debt to society" means nothing anymore. We may as well start putting people away for life for any crime (Jeff Sessions just smiled.)

Our society hates. That's all it does anymore.

Our society rips at itself and loves nothing more than to shred anyone who ever gets noticed for anything. 

I really hate what this country has become. Kardashian Kulture. Shallow, plastic, perpetually angry, ignorant and proud of it. No morals, no scruples, no balls, and no brains.

~Bang

Or be the president.

This case is really interesting because it causes us to examine what our rights really are, and airlines it seems do indeed have the right to bump you from a flight. Again with all of those "Agree to the terms and conditions" thingies we never EVER read.
I also find it interesting because the way most of this is being reported is that he was the only one bumped, in fact there were three others who complied.
The doctor's past has ZERO to do with this case...NOTHING.

That said, everyone is saying United is going to get sued, but they were not the ones who assaulted him, that was airport security. United may well be named because attorneys go after the deep pockets, but that's like suing the guy who called the police because you go hurt while they were removing you. You can certainly claim that they had no right to remove him from the flight, but you'd be wrong.
Is this entire thing wholly distasteful and unfortunate? Indeed, but it seems that United was acting within their authority.
I do however fully expect them to settle the case and the guy will get paid, but that doesn't seem to change the facts.
NOW, next time please have the ticket agents at the gate stop letting passengers on the flight when it's full, that alone would have avoided the ENTIRE thing.

In the end just follow the rule of thumb, "When the guys with the badges show up, comply." 

This case is more about what are considered perceived rights, as opposed to what are your actual rights.

And yes, I know someone will scream, "Just comply when they take you to the gas chambers!?" Stop, this was an inconvenience issue regarding a right the passenger did not have. Save your outrage for something that matters.

Just now, RonArtest15 said:

I think United can be sued, especially now since it turns out the flight WASN'T overbooked.  Also, if you're bumping someone on the plane, a written notice should be given...I don't think that procedure was followed. 

You're focusing on the over-booked status, they have the right to bump you. The logistics of moving flight crews to equipment is painful indeed, and given the FAA requirement regarding required downtime etc, and pilot rating requirements (which aircraft they can fly) then shuttling them on flights is a necessity. They flight wasn't over-booked with paying passengers, but it was over-booked with the number of bodies to seats. Remember, THREE other passengers complied. Announcemets are repeated over and over and over in the airport terminals in over-booking situations. Anyone who flies much knows this, and the airlines are willing to pay you for the inconvenience, but when it is over-booked they can and WILL bump you.

Again, proper counting at the ticket counter would have avoided this whole issue.

A written notice? You want that notorized while you're at it?

If United stood on the hill of "we had to bump passengers due to the flight being overbooked," then that turns out to be NOT true, you don't think that's grounds for a lawsuit on the heels of what happened? 

Got no time for your snark.  But yes...a written notice as mandated by the FAA. 

15 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

I think United can be sued, especially now since it turns out the flight WASN'T overbooked.  Also, if you're bumping someone on the plane, a written notice should be given...I don't think that procedure was followed. 

But was the flight full? Cause they could still bump passengers if that were the case (at least that is what I was told a while back).

23 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

And yes, I know someone will scream, "Just comply when they take you to the gas chambers!?" Stop, this was an inconvenience issue regarding a right the passenger did not have. Save your outrage for something that matters.

Consumer protections are important to a lot of people as is the unnecessary use of force. 

So, yesterday this woman was in front of me in the grocery store line. .  maybe 70-75.. i don't know, hard to tell. Elderly.

Anyway, this was the Express lane, and she had 14 items.

The sign CLEARLY says 12.

And you know, NO ONE from the store choked her, slammed her, kicked her, dragged her, bloodied her, or in ANY way curtailed her incredibly BAD behavior.

I was PISSED>

I figured on beating the old bag up myself, but then i remembered myself, and waited for the proper authorities to show up and kick this inconsiderate **** in her entitled ass.

And they never did.

What is this country coming to?

Seriously, this old lady was flaunting her lack of respect for authority, and i also happen to know through an immediate internet search on my phone that she was arrested in 1957 for being at a party with coloreds.

So she's practically begging for it. next time i see her, she better go the other way.

~Bang

6 minutes ago, Bang said:

So, yesterday this woman was in front of me in the grocery store line. .  maybe 70-75.. i don't know, hard to tell. Elderly.

Anyway, this was the Express lane, and she had 14 items.

The sign CLEARLY says 12.

And you know, NO ONE from the store choked her, slammed her, kicked her, dragged her, bloodied her, or in ANY way curtailed her incredibly BAD behavior.

I was PISSED>

I figured on beating the old bag up myself, but then i remembered myself, and waited for the proper authorities to show up and kick this inconsiderate **** in her entitled ass.

And they never did.

What is this country coming to?

Seriously, this old lady was flaunting her lack of respect for authority, and i also happen to know through an immediate internet search on my phone that she was arrested in 1957 for being at a party with coloreds.

So she's practically begging for it. next time i see her, she better go the other way.

~Bang

Opportunity knocks and you dont answer?  This country is going down the drain.

I think we shouild take this opportunity to once again look at transportation in this country and find a way to make non-air travel feasible.  With trains taking on the order of days to go across the country and costing a pretty penny, we're really pretty much stuck forced to accept whatever **** the airlines feed us.  Wouldn't it be nice if we had some ground transportation that could take you across the country in less than a day?  Let's make the hyperloop happen and see what that does to air travel.

26 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Consumer protections are important to a lot of people as is the unnecessary use of force. 

"Consumer protections", in this case you're suggesting that United grant this passenger rights that no other passenger is afforded. And the force was determined by the airport security, not the airline.

58 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

But was the flight full? Cause they could still bump passengers if that were the case (at least that is what I was told a while back).

Yes, the flight was full. Was every seat allocated to a paying passenger? No, was the flight full? Yes.

11 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

full flight =/= overbooked

Overbooked was the word that United was running with until it was debunked. 

They also tried to say the Passenger "fell" before the video came out. I've had this happen to me before, my red eye was over booked and they were offering $500 and a hotel room to take a flight first thing in the morning. I took the deal.

Archived