Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

21 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Hang the traitors. 

Not even kidding. I'm anti-death penalty 99% of the time. Treason is in the 1%.

I would definitely like to see a website that is keeping track of all this. Divide it up by categories of people who sold out vs those who kept their integrity with subcategories of politicians, media, etc. Have a page for each individual with quotes & video clips. I want all of this recorded for posterity and easily accessible for everyone.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

4 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Maybe we should do a Trump administration look-a-like thread.

Some reporters were casting a Trump administration movie on twitter yesterday. Funny one for me was Denis Leary as Kellyanne Conway.

Add: http://www.usmagazine.com/news/denis-leary-i-look-like-kellyanne-conway-w464858

Edited by RedskinsFan44

The response to this may well inform us how far the stink goes. If it's just Trump then it's not all that hard and not all that bad, but you start to get a feeling that it's not only Trump and much of his Administration, but many members of Congress who've been bought. I mean this can't simply all be about Party loyalty, right? If it were and you have an erratic madman leading your country for whom (even Russia aside) you have ample evidence of corruption, criminal activity, and conflict of interest then you could give him the boot and install Pence which would satisfy justice and keep the Republicans in power. Then again, the easiest and most common political maneuver is to create a Fall guy and if they were all complicit then they might jump at that.

Whatever is going on, this is not normal and it's pretty clear that the Republican Party does not serve the interests of the United States... not in their budget, not in their agenda, and not in their actions so far.

I thought it was funny that Ari Melber (MSNBC) yesterday morning,  (before the hearings began),  predicted that Dump would be able to "live tweet" the hearings, or the pundits' narratives...and then Dump did it.

And some say he pays no attention to "our side".  :hi:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Springfield said:

How the **** is Fox News the sane news agency suddenly?

I admit that I am surprised Sheppard Smith has been critical of Trump on many things and defending his fellow journalist colleagues ...

but fox was running an article titled "Comey: 'I hate the New England Patriots'" yesterday on their front homepage and a few other character attack pieces on Comey. 

Comey is trapped by circumstances here, and IMO in a good way.

He has no friends on the left after his lil stunt right before the election. He has no friends on the right if he is not willing to throw himself on his sword for Trump.

His only hope, only path to redemption is the truth, the facts, the reality of what did or didn't happen. He has to build an unassailable case for the facts.

There is no presumption of integrity here, he will have to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Comey is trapped by circumstances here, and IMO in a good way.

He has no friends on the left after his lil stunt right before the election. He has no friends on the right if he is not willing to throw himself on his sword for Trump.

His only hope, only path to redemption is the truth, the facts, the reality of what did or didn't happen. He has to build an unassailable case for the facts.

There is no presumption of integrity here, he will have to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I do wonder if he has deep regrets. He played the role of a good Republican soldier and damned his reputation for this?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Springfield said:

How the **** is Fox News the sane news agency suddenly?

We do know that Roger Ailes isn't there anymore.... without his steady hand on the tiller the station is bound to occasionally act like actual news.

6 hours ago, visionary said:
TWEET <If you missed yesterday's congressional hearing with FBI Dir. James Comey, you didn't miss much...>

You guys gotta read these comments. Yeesh... For a little while there I was heavily advocating Gopocide on this site. I stopped but only because I had to concentrate on this youth flag football tournament. Not because I don't believe that it's necessary or anything. Reading comments like these, the tweet that they are commenting on, and the response of the Grand Old Party to yesterday's testimony strengthens my resolve. There is 0 chance that the GOP gets it's act together at this point. We are past diplomacy or reasoning.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

Click to read the rest

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article139695453.html

FBI’s Russian-influence probe includes a look at Breitbart, InfoWars news sites

Federal investigators are examining whether far-right news sites played any role last year in a Russian cyber operation that dramatically widened the reach of news stories — some fictional — that favored Donald Trump’s presidential bid, two people familiar with the inquiry say.

Operatives for Russia appear to have strategically timed the computer commands, known as “bots,” to blitz social media with links to the pro-Trump stories at times when the billionaire businessman was on the defensive in his race against Democrat Hillary Clinton, these sources said.

The bots’ end products were largely millions of Twitter and Facebook posts carrying links to stories on conservative internet sites such as Breitbart News and InfoWars, as well as on the Kremlin-backed RT News and Sputnik News, the sources said. Some of the stories were false or mixed fact and fiction, said the sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the bot attacks are part of an FBI-led investigation into a multifaceted Russian operation to influence last year’s elections.

Investigators examining the bot attacks are exploring whether the far-right news operations took any actions to assist Russia’s operatives. Their participation, however, wasn’t necessary for the bots to amplify their news through Twitter and Facebook.

• Like 1