Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

29 minutes ago, visionary said:

I would like to see a statement from McMaster. How long can they drag this thing out? Fox just said they can't confirm Napalitano's story. Love the procession from "fact" to "it's just something I heard on the news, ask the reporters". How much political capital can this guy have left?

1 hour ago, visionary said:

So we were at and frankly beyond NEXT LEVEL stupid before, but this is EVEN BEYOND!

Trump is Mr. Brexit, right?  He loves to claim that.  He's got a government in Britain that is tailor made to his crazy ideology.

And he is actively pissing them off.

Trump has been previously compared to a 5 year old.

That's a huge insult to 5 year olds.  5 year olds are obnoxious little ****s 99% of the time, but they at least have the good sense to be tribal and stick with their allies and friends.

Trump can't even do that.  He's willfully self destructive to the point of absurdity.  I mean, jeebus, you're trying to establish a white nationalist western order stretching from Alaska to Kamchatka, the long way, and you keep.  Actively.  Pissing.  Off.  The.  Brits!

They are the first east-of-the-Atlantic link in the chain you moron!

It makes NO sense unless you are actively trying to destabilize your own little new world order alliance.

Graaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 2

Trumpers don't care about that. My brothers are huge Trump supporters and their logic is "**** the rest of the world, we don't need them." Basically just enhance the **** out of the military and be a 100% self sufficient isolationist nation. The UN, NATO etc etc all are just liberal scams that make us *******. So they don't care one bit about pissing off any ally or business/trade partner etc. 

The rest of the world has made America weak and Trump is giving us our backbone back by saying "**** you" to everybody. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Its one thing to talk about the potential merits of taking a step back from our International role, but it's a whole different ball game to say "screw the rest of the world".  

It's such a myopic view that ignores history.  There's a reason for the period of peace we've gone through.  There's a reason the U.S. has undergone immense prosperity (the wealth gap aside).  There's a reason why North Korea is freaking people out.  

42 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Trumpers don't care about that. My brothers are huge Trump supporters and their logic is "**** the rest of the world, we don't need them."

My brother is a big Trump supporter as well.  It makes it twice as exhausting when the noise comes from your own family.  

We don't talk about it at all.  I think that's the real problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it.  It's just hard to have a dialogue when most of his talking points are based on lies/Fox News/Breitbart garbage.  I wish I knew a better way.

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 3

Another cool way someone juts said it: "the president doesn't believe it when all the intel agencies tell him the Russians are behind the election hacks, but he hears a commentary on Fox news and that's proof to him."

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

My brother is a big Trump supporter as well.  It makes it twice as exhausting when the noise comes from your own family.  

We don't talk about it at all.  I think that's the real problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it.  It's just hard to have a dialogue when most of his talking points are based on lies/Fox News/Breitbart garbage.  I wish I knew a better way.

Should probably keep it that way. We are on a group text and spend all day battling it seems like. I'd say our relationships have been strained. It's difficult. We've recently sworn off talking politics lol

6 minutes ago, Bang said:

Gosh, it's almost as if the ENTIRETY of the FREE WORLD is using fakery to stop trump!

Except for the brave truth tellers at Fox News and Voice of Russia. 

No doubt some local fisherman, out for a pleasure cruise, at night, in eel-infested waters. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, visionary said:

From the same guy who spread the false rumor a couple years ago that Michelle Obama used a racial slur against white people in an interview that oddly never materialized. Neapolitano has an affinity for murkily sourced conspiracy theories. 

Trump should be be asked by the press at every opportunity to retract that false accusation and apologize to Obama.  Every White House correspondent should ask Sean Spicer when his boss is going to apologize for the slur against his predecessor. 

That orange-faced mother****er slurred Obama with the Birther accusation for 8 years, and here he's doing it again.  Nobody should let that stand. **** that guy. 

• Like 7