Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

17 minutes ago, twa said:

You think Trump will be put on trial?

I'm of the opinion that a sitting President can absolutely be charged and prosecuted criminally while in office.  The alternative is to suggest that a sitting President is insulated from prosecution, regardless of how bad and illegal their conduct, until they are done.

Generally speaking, courts tend to construe things so as to prevent absurd results.  Something wacky like Trump shooting a man on 5th avenue going uncharged until after he's done would be absurd.  Of course, Congress is supposed to step in, but if the GOP won't do anything, the Justice Department is not supposed to be blocked.

Indeed, how ****ed up would it be to have a President who everyone knows is a criminal, who will be charged, tried, and convicted the moment he leaves office, who is still in his first term?

Think about how absurd that would make the 2020 election.  Trump would literally be running to keep himself from prosecution, and if he wins, not only is he free from consequences, but he stays President.

That's absurd.  Like if Chief Justice John Roberts became a Hollywood producer, and you pitched that to him, he'd throw you out for it being too absurd.

So yes, I think he can be, and likely will be.

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Think about how absurd that would make the 2020 election.  Trump would literally be running to keep himself from prosecution, and if he wins, not only is he free from consequences, but he stays President.

That's why Trump already started his 2020 campaign, he thinks he will be insulated from prosecution.

I bet they will put cuffs on Trump unannounced, other than arrangement with key Secret Service, and have a cameraman recording the event. Then it will be immediately downloaded to the networks.

Then Fox News goes off the air for 6 days and nights but then comes back on the 7th with Alex Jones replacing Sheperd Smith in the hard news group, Michael Savage hosting a nightly Modern Nazi Hour, SHS and KAC doing a daily morning show called Christ Hates Democrats with featured videos of regional evangelical leaders preaching politics from their pulpits, Sen. Roy Moore will have a weekly program on restoring our national glory by revamping all institutions, basing them entirely on the old testament, Steve Bannon hosts a Sunday conservative-celebrity interview show focused on pop culture, and Sean Hannity remains as the token liberal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9

58 minutes ago, twa said:

If ya want to be that way....Trump can have Pence resign and appoint Ted Cruz VP to take over ..:headbang:

Only in your dreams twa.  Going back to the Flynn thing, shouldn't a person qualified to be National Security Adviser be aware that lying to the FBI is a crime? And maybe even aware as to what types of contact with foreign countries are legal or illegal?

Add: And possibly be aware that we do surveillance of the Russian ambassador :rofl89:

Edited by RedskinsFan44

one of trumpy's bestest personal ball washers---devilish devin numbnutz---is staying in shape...

(personally, i think any story that starts out " u.s. house republicans" but doesn't go on to read like a script for the Wrong Turn franchise is pointless)

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u-house-republicans-prepare-contempt-064234043.html

U.S. House Republicans Prepare Contempt Action Against FBI, DOJ

U.S. House Republicans said Saturday they are drafting a contempt of Congress resolution against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray, claiming stonewalling in producing material in the Russia-Trump probes and other matters.

“Unless all our outstanding demands are fully met by close of business on Monday, December 4, 2017, the committee will have the opportunity to move this resolution before the end of the month,” said Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes, in a statement.

More from Bloomberg.com: I’m ‘Unbeatable’ in 2020, Trump Declares

Such contempt action has been under consideration by Nunes and other Intelligence Committee Republicans for several weeks. It is now moving forward after press reports Saturday about why a top FBI official assigned to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe of Russia-Trump election collusion had been removed from the investigation. 

In his statement Saturday, Nunes pointed to those reports that the official, Peter Strzok, was removed after allegedly exchanging anti-Trump and pro- Hillary Clinton text messages with his mistress, who was an FBI lawyer working for Deputy FBI DirectorAndrew McCabe.

more smoke and mirrors at link

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

We need a smoke and mirrors emoji or like symbol.

I was thinking about the reaction emojis for this board earlier today. Sometimes I don't 'like' things, but I like intention behind the post. Sometimes, something's not really sad or confusing, but those come closest. I came to the conclusion that I what I would probably most often use is 'poo with glasses' when McConnell was mentioned. Then I liked some posts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1