Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

Bro, they were only process crimes!

To be clear, I was referring to many of the on-air 'conservative" pontificators who totally lack all the redeeming virtues of our resident artists 

• Haha 1

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

Bro, they were only process crimes!

no, that would only be what he pled guilty to.

:)

As mentioned there are several other solid charges......that he would probably contest. :kickcan:

Fly birdie, fly. 

3 hours ago, twa said:

I'm not above striking a child (I'm almost Jumboish :ols:)

I'm loath to admit i am not the fighter I was in earlier days but fortunately i am still able to wipe the floor with most preteens. 

However, advances in nutrition and after-school sports programs, even for preteens these days, are making it a greater challenge in some cases than I think fair.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, twa said:

no, that would only be what he pled guilty to.

:)

As mentioned there are several other solid charges......that he would probably contest. :kickcan:

Fly birdie, fly. 

So there is nothing here beyond Flynn being really stupid and lying about something that was perfectly legal. Like Jr lied about that perfectly innocent meeting in Trump Tower.  And Sessions, Kushner, et al forgot about bumping into Russians.  And the Donald was oblivious to what his top people were doing downstairs from him. And his NSA contacting Kislyak. Sounds legit. Kind of makes Don look like a poor leader though, what with all his people running around and getting into trouble without his knowledge...

4 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

So there is nothing here beyond Flynn being really stupid and lying about something that was perfectly legal. Like Jr lied about that perfectly innocent meeting in Trump Tower.  And Sessions, Kushner, et al forgot about bumping into Russians.  And the Donald was oblivious to what his top people were doing downstairs from him. And his NSA contacting Kislyak. Sounds legit. Kind of makes Don look like a poor leader though, what with all his people running around and getting into trouble without his knowledge...

Deep down inside, every right winger is butthurt that their incessant whining about zomg liberal SCANDALS!!!! didn't result in anything, and we now have a legitimate investigation and charges being brought against another Republican administration.

If the roles were reversed, and it was a liberal President who did what Trump and his associates are being investigated for, twa and Hannity would be drowning in their own bodily fluids from excitement.

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Of course he will. Flynn was a part of this dumbass campaign right from the start. He's going to be informing about every little thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think Pence gets out of this clean (in a criminal sense, he'll be forever stained by his association to Trump).  Pence is the only person that appears to know where the legal lines are, and he only abased himself so that he can be POTUS when Trump is removed/resigns/dies/whatever.  I'm fairly certain that he would not knowingly jeopardize that.

And I agree with Burgold that the House will never have the votes to actually impeach Trump.  I've said this before, but I think the only way Trump doesn't finish his term is if they get a family member on state law charges (which he can't pardon) and a deal is cut where Kush/Ivanka/Donny Jr. get leniency in exchange for Trump's resignation.  

I don't think anyone higher up is getting leniency because they conspired with Russia.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

Trump and crew are idiots.  If Trump says Dowd told him to tweet the obstruction tweet, it means that he's WAIVING PRIVILEGE as to matters of the tweet.  So instead of Dowd being able to answer "Did you write that tweet?" with "That information is privileged." he now has to tell the court whether he did or did not, or potentially face contempt.

Further, it probably means Dowd is going to be conflicted out of representing Trump at some point because it is very, VERY likely at some point that Dowd will be a witness on the obstruction case, and you cannot be a witness and a lawyer at the same time.

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I don't think anyone higher up is getting leniency because they conspired with Russia.

I think Kushner and Sessions might still get some leniency, but only if 1) Mueller doesn't already have Trump and/or Pence, and 2) if they can deliver Trump and/or Pence.

• Like 3

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Violation of the Logan Act. 

Not really, nor was asking Russia not to escalate over the Ambassador expulsions.

It is expressing the new administrations wishes.

14 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I think he gonna resign, tbh

Maybe they could offer a buyout?....I hear he likes cash. 

Probably settle for much less than Hillary blew winning the popular vote. :evil:

They are really bad at this. 

Like you know how in bank robbing or heist movies, it's fun to think of how you could do it better or get away with it. 

That isn't even fun in this situation because they are so terrible at lying and keeping their stories straight and doing the most obvious and suspicious things. 

You just have to step back and marvel at the ineptitude and how anyone thought this would be a good idea. 

Much less a good idea to elect a team of such incompetence. 

• Like 3

Theory.

Mueller is showing us the bookends.

Papadopoulis started his outreach in late March 2016 when he came aboard.  Flynn committed Logan act violations during the transition.

There are 9ish months between those two things.

In those 9 months, is when all the DNC emails were released.  The RNC happened.  June 9 meeting.  Numerous other contacts happened.

Mueller has shown us/got the guy who "started it" in Papadopoulis, as well as shown us the transition team engaging in (and lying about) illegal conduct during the transition.

As we move forward, the 9 months in between will fill in.  Manafort was the first attempt, but he kept his mouth mostly shut.  Then they went for Flynn.

This makes sense from a prosecutorial perspective.  Flynn is a bigger catch than Manafort.  One of a businessman and campaign guy, the other had access to America's most sensitive intelligence and was one of the highest NatSec officials in the USA.  Manafort < Flynn.  Manafort kept his mouth shut, so Mueller went and got Flynn.  Flynn played ball.  Now we fill in the gaps.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

Trump and crew are idiots.  If Trump says Dowd told him to tweet the obstruction tweet, it means that he's WAIVING PRIVILEGE as to matters of the tweet.  So instead of Dowd being able to answer "Did you write that tweet?" with "That information is privileged." he now has to tell the court whether he did or did not, or potentially face contempt.

Further, it probably means Dowd is going to be conflicted out of representing Trump at some point because it is very, VERY likely at some point that Dowd will be a witness on the obstruction case, and you cannot be a witness and a lawyer at the same time.

I think Kushner and Sessions might still get some leniency, but only if 1) Mueller doesn't already have Trump and/or Pence, and 2) if they can deliver Trump and/or Pence.

Amatuers. It’s pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, twa said:

quote dog of war

" you cannot be a witness and a lawyer at the same time"

Odd Hillary's bunch managed to do so isn't it?

Maybe that is not a rule.:)

Hilary never got prosecuted.  The witness-lawyer rule only applies to lawyers representing people who are actively being prosecuted.

I know it pains you beyond your previous wildest imaginings, but Hilary never got charged and never faced trial, so the lawyer-witness situation never arose.

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Hilary never got prosecuted.  The witness-lawyer rule only applies to lawyers representing people who are actively being prosecuted.

I know it pains you beyond your previous wildest imaginings, but Hilary never got charged and never faced trial, so the lawyer-witness situation never arose.

You think Trump will be put on trial?

Ya might put a yet on that first part. :)