Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

12 hours ago, EBoz said:

I feel Putin and Russia in general are the least of our worries. There are bigger fish to fry. 

1) What do you feel are the big fish we need to fry?

2) Are you happy with the way those issues are being handled currently? Why or why not?

• Like 2

Agree with basically everyone; I can't think of a more important issue than appropriately responding to a foreign enemy that engages in cyber warfare aimed at undermining our democracy.  Except for figuring out whether or not a presidential candidate/sitting president that may have colluded with that foreign enemy.  

• Like 4

Another random note (just put one in the Asia thread) - if the world is serious about wanting Russia out of Ukraine and out of everyone's elections... I have a hunch threatening to move the World Cup could be a big step in that direction.  At least, from my vantage point, the only thing that really threatens Putin is putting the oligarchs under pressure (and tarnishing Putin's reputation at home).  The sanctions help, I imagine, but it certainly doesn't seem to carry the risk of fomenting rebellion (among his Russian allies).  

Some other strong steps:

1) Don't allow Russians to buy property or invest in countries united against their actions

2). Don't allow anyone associated with Russian oligarchs to travel to any of these same countries

3) Suspend their position on the UN Security Council

4) Merely threatening any, or all of the above.  

Of course, there's always the chance these things backfire and start a war, or further cyber incursions, but the slap on the wrist doesn't seem to be cutting it.  Perhaps a sobering slap to the face would...

On 2/15/2017 at 0:06 PM, LD0506 said:

I'm a tad confused at the title, aren't we in a cartoon where the moose and squirrel are in active collusion with Boris and Natasha instead of a -vs- situation?

I always thought of Trump and Melania as Boris and Natasha, with the American people being represented by Rocly and Bullwinkle.

I think Bullwinkle voted for Boris.

Edited by RedskinsFan44

3 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I always thought of Trump and Melania as Boris and Natasha, with the American people being represented by Rocly and Bullwinkle.

I think Bullwinkle voted for Boris.

I've got almost nothing against Melania, and I assumed it was Rocky that voted for Trump... he's been acting squirrelly for a long time now.

• Like 1

Since this is something that will probably never happen, I'm still confused as to what to make of these kinds of comments from the admin while going full force into working with Russia.

Are they planning to not enforce the sanctions or help Russia skirt them?  Do the sanctions not really make a difference and Russia doesn't mind them as long as they are get what they want on other issues?  Or is the admin just lying?

Obama tries diplomacy with Iran. Republican response: "Obama is a Muslim terrorist! Probably born in Kenya! Here's a picture of him in a Turbin! All true patriots must resist this treason!"

Trump tries diplomacy with Russia. Democrat response: "Muh Russia! Trump is a Putin puppet! Probably a KGB double-agent! Here's some real estate he bought in Moscow! All true patriots must resist this treason!!"

Edited by s0crates

8 minutes ago, s0crates said:

Obama tries diplomacy with Iran. Republican response: "Obama is a Muslim terrorist! Probably born in Kenya! Here's a picture of him in a Turbin! All true patriots must resist this treason!"

Trump tries diplomacy with Russia. Democrats response: "Muh Russia! Trump is a Putin puppet! Probably a KGB double-agent! Here's some real estate he bought in Moscow! All true patriots must resist this treason!!"

Except one got a deal in place before he lifted things.  The other started limp and has stayed so.

It's important to be able to differentiate between situations.

Edited by DogofWar1

10 minutes ago, s0crates said:

Trump tries diplomacy with Russia. Democrat response: "Muh Russia! Trump is a Putin puppet! Probably a KGB double-agent! Here's some real estate he bought in Moscow! All true patriots must resist this treason!!"

Maybe if the CIA, NSA, and FBI said Iran had worked to influence the election for Obama, plus Obama had a bunch of guys in staff tied to Iran, plus a bunch of meetings with Iranians had occured, been forgotten, and then remembered, then your analogy would be relevant.

add: Plus they were depicting O as a secret Muslim way before any Iran deal.

Edited by RedskinsFan44
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

1) What do you feel are the big fish we need to fry?

2) Are you happy with the way those issues are being handled currently? Why or why not?

For me personally it's definitely getting justice for Seth Rich. No justice, no peace! Lock her up!! 

So yeah that and defintely the whole chicks with dicks issues is a big one for me too. I had a close encounter and it's just not right. That one's defintely more important than a mandarin candidate in the White House. 

Working on my undercover Trumpinese. How'd I do? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, s0crates said:

The beast of both sides. Do you think we should have joint cybersecurity unit with Russia?

• Like 1

The fun thing now is that there will be whole new narrative from Don Jr about the meeting.

This is on top of the half dozen explanations he's already offered (didn't happen, Dem setup, etc.), so everyone will two brain cells to rub together will rightfully call his coming excuses bull****.

Remember how Trump tower was wiretapped to listen in on all the foreign nationals who kept going there (and not, as Trump suggested, to get his campaign)?  Yeah, Imma bet that this was one of those conversations they checked in on.  Mueller likely knows exactly what was said.

Who wants to bet that IF the Russians actually just played them to get them to come, that Don Jr screwed himself legally anyway by constantly asking about the compromising information they were promised?

• Like 1

I am sure it's purely a coincidence that our doofus POTUS goes out of his way to kiss Russian ass and his campaign is chock full of instances of meetings with Kremlin associated figures. 

No collusion. No collusion. You're the collusion.

Don Jr now says that the information being promised was about Russian collusion with the DNC! 

:rofl89:

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 5