Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

This thread is awesome. All the lefties crying together. If you all would have came together much earlier, maybe you wouldn't have had such a piss poor nominee for President. Oh well, another 3.5 years at least to watch you guys wallow in your sorrow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EBoz said:

This thread is awesome. All the lefties crying together. If you all would have came together much earlier, maybe you wouldn't have had such a piss poor nominee for President. Oh well, another 3.5 years at least to watch you guys wallow in your sorrow. 

Another person that cares about party over country. Sad that people get joy out of it instead of caring about the country and the leadership of the country. Speaks volumes. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Another person that cares about party over country. 

That blade cuts both ways.

Anyway I agree with the sentiment that this place can be pretty insufferable if your worldview deviates much from Rachel Maddow.  

Edited by s0crates
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Another person that cares about party over country. Sad that people get joy out of it instead of caring about the country and the leadership of the country. Speaks volumes. 

It sure does. I've cared about our country as long as I can remember. Even spent 20+ years of my life defending it as a member of our military. 

Things were fine when your guy was in office but now that the "other" party is in office things are so bad.  Please Hersh, tell me how I put party over country. 

1 minute ago, s0crates said:

Yep, but it's a one way street here unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EBoz said:

It sure does. I've cared about our country as long as I can remember. Even spent 20+ years of my life defending it as a member of our military. 

Things were fine when your guy was in office but now that the "other" party is in office things are so bad.  Please Hersh, tell me how I put party over country. 

Yep, but it's a one way street here unfortunately.

Because you get pleasure out of others being miserable. That's ****** up and you having served in the military doesn't make that attitude about people right. 

People on the left being upset that millions of Americans (which includes Republicans) would lose health insurance and would make things worse is funny to you. That's ****** up. 

10 minutes ago, s0crates said:

For some sure. However a lot of us are interested in problems being solved. 

• Like 3

EBoz, the post-WWII world order which we led has been demolished by Trump.  America is less great now than at any point since the end of WWII and the start of the Marshall Plan.  We are less of a leader than at any point since the end of WWII and the start of the Marshall Plan.

You mentioned serving your country, thank you for that.  Intel officers from the 17 intel agencies served their country too, and those same 17 agencies all say Russia hacked the DNC and Podesta to help Trump, and many gave their lives to get the US intel over the years.  That intel Trump is stomping all over.  That intel Trump is ignoring to apparently take Putin at his word that Russia didn't hack.  That intel Trump is ignoring and deciding even if something did happen, to just let bygones be bygones and look to the future, while doing nothing to secure our elections from future interference.

Well nothing aside from assemble some joint US-Russian task force.  Which anyone with any knowledge of anything Kremlin will tell you is a bad idea.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, s0crates said:

@Bang Sorry, I took "cooperative forces" to be a synonym for "allies."

Anyway, I was trying to point out what seems to be a logical problem with your dismissal of the cease-fire. Either relations with Russia have been cooperative or they have not. If they have, then maybe we should stop acting like we're still fighting the Cold War, and if they have not, then a cease-fire is news.

They are still fighting the Cold War.

Putin is very close to winning. He has disrupted our democratic process, and has turned roughly 30% of our country to favoring him over fellow Americans.

Our actual allies know this, (for purposes of understanding my meaning,, our allies not only have our backs, but are also interested in maintaining a strong US. Putin does not want this, and would love nothing more than to break NATO into tiny pieces. NATO exists purely as a check to Soviet / Russian aggression, and you have to believe that rankles him immensely, not because he thinks it is unwarranted, but because it has been effective.)

Russia is also meddling in their elections.. and by meddling i think it is way beyond trying to just influence passively. (The Soviets never have. Communism spread due to them taking an active, although covert) role in flipping nations and placing them under the Soviet boot.

Now, he has an American stooge in the highest office, and the stooge has backing.

"Cooperative forces" is more of the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" type,,,  such as in WWII, when we were "allies" but only because Stalin needed the Allies to take pressure off of the Nazi invasion of Russia by opening a second front in France, which he begged, screamed, and threatened for for two years before it happened. Prior to the invasion, he had signed a pact with HItler, invaded Finland, and was no friend to the Allies at all, and could not have cared less if the Axis had taken over the entire rest of the world..That alliance lasted until the minute the Nazis fell, and then .. no alliance at all. Things degraded immediately and grew steadily worse until in 1948 the Soviets blockaded Berlin and half of Europe fell under their yoke.

Putin is former KGB.To think he stopped fighting a war that he can fight so quietly and effectively is unwise, IMO. I think if i had him in my arms i could maybe throw him 2 feet. Which is 2 feet more than we should ever trust him.

We'd best wake up.

~Bang

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EBoz said:

For someone who defended this country, it sure sucks you can't see what our historically most dangerous enemy is doing to it.

Did your commanders ever think they'd live to see the day that Americans would support the Russian president, former KGB over their own?
All of our intelligence agencies know what is happening. All of them.
And the CiC would rather listen to propaganda and the Russians, and in fact goes on foreign soil and TRASHES them publicly.The shame of it is unbelievable.

Hopefully, those still in will recognize when the time comes which side they need to fall on, and it's nothing to do with right or left.

~Bang

• Like 3

Careful with that 17 agency number. New York Times did one of those silent retractions on that a week or so ago. Here is the closest I could find in 30 seconds of googling.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/us/politics/trump-russia-intelligence-agencies-cia-fbi-nsa.amp.html&ved=0ahUKEwiFqvuAlPvUAhWIdz4KHZdGBqoQiJQBCB0wAA&usg=AFQjCNGESPyE7Xvp5c-T_HrJDhZZipUDHA

Edited by Weganator

17 minutes ago, Weganator said:

Careful with that 17 agency number. New York Times did one of those silent retractions on that a week or so ago. Here is the closest I could find in 30 seconds of googling.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/us/politics/trump-russia-intelligence-agencies-cia-fbi-nsa.amp.html&ved=0ahUKEwiFqvuAlPvUAhWIdz4KHZdGBqoQiJQBCB0wAA&usg=AFQjCNGESPyE7Xvp5c-T_HrJDhZZipUDHA

That's not really a retraction or a change in the story.  All 17 agencies do agree on what happened (hacking of our institutions) and who did it (Russians).

What that article is noting is not that only 3 or 4 of the agencies conducted their own investigations.  And that's because the 3 or 4 were the biggest (FBI, NSA, CIA).  The smaller agencies didn't have the resources to conduct their own investigations, or had other missions.

That being said, nothing precludes any of the 13-14 other agencies from looking at the work of the bigger ones and reaching a conclusion regarding the intel.  That's where the 17 comes from, because the investigation conducted by the big ones revealed information which the smaller intel agencies could use to reach the same conclusion as the bigger agencies; that Russia hacked our institutions and then leaked to wikileaks.

Besides, if the biggest ones; CIA, NSA, and FBI; the ones doing direct investigations, are all saying the same thing, that would be enough even if the other agencies offered no opinion on it.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You mean liberals?

Exactly! It's amazing how much times have changed around this place. Less than one year ago it was all puppies and rainbows. Now it's the end of the world. Get a grip snowflakes. America will endure just like she always has. 

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Actually...less than a year ago it was the end of the world.  Now it's all Trumpies and rainbows.  

America will perhaps endure...

So she will Beal. She shall indeed endure. Way too much drama in this discussion. The sun shall rise tomorrow people. 

26 minutes ago, EBoz said:

Exactly! It's amazing how much times have changed around this place. Less than one year ago it was all puppies and rainbows. Now it's the end of the world. Get a grip snowflakes. America will endure just like she always has. 

I was being facetious.

2 hours ago, s0crates said:

Anyway I agree with the sentiment that this place can be pretty insufferable if your worldview deviates much from Rachel Maddow.  

No, no, no. To you and your three likers, when you make excuses or defend Trump's BS then it's insufferable, because I follow the Bible and refuse to suffer fools.

i-will-not-suffer-fools-gladly.png?w=240

5 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

No, no, no. To you and your three likers, when you make excuses or defend Trump's BS then it's insufferable, because I follow the Bible and refuse to suffer fools.

i-will-not-suffer-fools-gladly.png?w=240

3.5 years minimum. Find something else to **** about. 

2 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

@EBozHow do you feel about Putin?  Any thoughts as to his endgame in Europe and the US?

(I'd ask how you feel about the Healthcare bill, but that's for a different thread)

I feel Putin and Russia in general are the least of our worries. There are bigger fish to fry.