Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

One of the many things I notice, as support of my theory that, on the Republican Party's list of most important values, "Party" ranks above any value (including honesty, morality, or anything else, as near as I can tell), has been their reaction to Russia.  

I mean, used to be, one of the core elements of the GOP, something that used to be such a part of their identity that I often satirized the way they went way too far with it, was their belief that opposing Russia was more important than anything else.  

And then, let Russia help Trump.  

And, do they look at that, and conclude that Trump is evil and must be opposed with the religious fervor with which they pursue, well, every piece of their ideology?  

Nope.  Help Trump, and this proves that Russia is now the Good Guys.  

(Which also says something about the honesty they display when they loudly insist that Russia Didn't Do It.)  

Think I saw a post here, back during the election.  In a period of like 3-6 months, the percentage of Republicans who had a positive view of Russia went from single digits to over half.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Larry said:

Think I saw a post here, back during the election.  In a period of like 3-6 months, the percentage of Republicans who had a positive view of Russia went from single digits to over half.  

Decided to see if I could find a source for my memory.  Looks like I kinda got the summary, but was off on the numbers.  Here's the first article I see, that's from back then.  (I see others that are more recent, but that's not what I was looking for.)  

Vox: The change in Republican voters' views of Putin since Trump's rise is remarkable

Yes, according to YouGov’s polling, Putin’s favorability rating among Republican voters in the US — while still skewing negative — has sharply improved since 2014. Now, about 37 percent of self-identified Republicans say they view Putin very or somewhat favorably, and 47 percent say they view him very or somewhat unfavorably.

(There's a graph at the link.  It's from Twitter, and I can't figure out how to embed it here.  But it's dramatic.)  

• Like 1

Republicans got on board when it looked like Russian oligarchs would spend big money here in the U.S.including on politicians.  This has been developing over decades. It's not new with Trump, although he was one of the first to jump aboard because U.S.banks stopped bailing him out. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

1). Pointing out, even before the election, even before the Wilikeaks release, the Trump campaign knew (at least, believed) that it was Russian intelligence who had them. 

Flynn was picked, to "get the emails", because he had the most contacts in RUSSIAN intelligence. 

2). And this is the exact same Trump who is sending his AG flying around the globe, "looking for evidence" that it was really done by (the country which Russia most wants the US to not cooperate with). 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'm at a loss for words every time something new and extra damning comes out.....how is the Secret Service not at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave leading him out in handcuffs? How does he still have any support among the GOP?

Because he isn't a political leader. He's a cult leader. And his devotees will follow him off of a cliff with a gleeful smile on their faces and the glazed eyes of the true believer. And the GOP politicians know this and are terrified of criticizing Trump lest he go after them and unleashes his minions on whoever dares to speak out. Trump still has a huge approval rating in the Republcan party, and the winds would have to truly shift for the Rs in Congress to grow anything even resembling a vestigial spine. It's no coincidence that the only ones who speak out against him in any stark and concrete terms are those who are retiring. 

It's a pretty terrifying situation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the RNC knew, then a lot of other Republicans did too. And that would explain a lot of the behavior we see from them. 

Again they need need to be held accountable and we need to find a way to reverse all the **** he did. Judges included. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Trump supporters made up their mind about him before he was elected, he was their god.  He is untouchable to them.  They either refuse to believe/acknowledge what is put in front of their face, or they simply don't care.    

The more information from Mueller's investigations that is released the more apparent and obvious it is that collusion absolutely did happen. 

• Like 1

Toldya.

Before he was even elected. I can't see how it's not just ****ing obvious to anyone with even ONE eye. It is a travesty it took this long to even begin to drag it out into the light. The damage he and his band of traitors have done is incalculable.

As i have said repeatedly,,  good people FAIL to stop evil all too often because they expect the evil will behave in a manner in keeping with their sense of right and wrong. They pretend this will all work out according to their sensibilities.

It won't, and they don't. And as we have seen specifically by the GOP for the last 20 ****ing years, they use your inherent decency and belief in the law against you.

Impeach. Try to remove. He will not leave, and he will exhort his followers to violence. 
Best be ready. "toldya" isn't something i like to keep saying, but damn, trouble has a very specific smell, and the entire GOP has reeked  of it. And now it is to the point where civility and our way of life won't be back if we just expect it will because it is supposed to.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The more information from Mueller's investigations that is released the more apparent and obvious it is that collusion absolutely did happen. 

1)  There's no rule that says collusion has to happen, to be a crime.  At least as I've heard it described, it's illegal for a candidate, or his campaign, to solicit or receive anything of value from any foreign source.  

2)  We knew collusion happened before Trump took office.  

The top three people on his campaign cleared room on their schedules, so they could meet with a representative of Russian intelligence, to discuss how Russian intelligence could assist the campaign.  

That's collusion.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Larry said:

1)  There's no rule that says collusion has to happen, to be a crime.  At least as I've heard it described, it's illegal for a candidate, or his campaign, to solicit or receive anything of value from any foreign source.  

2)  We knew collusion happened before Trump took office.  

The top three people on his campaign cleared room on their schedules, so they could meet with a representative of Russian intelligence, to discuss how Russian intelligence could assist the campaign.  

That's collusion.  

"Rusherrrrrr... if ya listening...."

• Haha 1