Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

57 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Simpler would be for the House to subpoena Mueller and ask him what was in the report and if Barr pressured him to end it.

But Trump has the authority to classify the report, doesn't he?  Which means Mueller couldn't publicly talk about what's in it.  I know Congress could fight it, but overturning a classification decision by the executive branch is a slippery slope.  And the judiciary branch traditionally won't touch those decisions.  

14 minutes ago, drowland said:

But Trump has the authority to classify the report, doesn't he?  Which means Mueller couldn't publicly talk about what's in it.  I know Congress could fight it, but overturning a classification decision by the executive branch is a slippery slope.  And the judiciary branch traditionally won't touch those decisions.  

I know Trump can declassify things.  I don't think he can arbitrarily classify them though.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

24 minutes ago, twa said:

you are wrong according to Reagan's executive order

https://www.epic.org/open_gov/eo_12356.html

there is always wiggle room though

Well at least there's this part in there.  

Sec. 1.6  Limitations on Classification.

(a)  In no case shall information be classified in order to conceal
violations of law, inefficiency, or administrative error; to prevent
embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency; to restrain
competition; or to prevent or delay the release of information that does
not require protection in the interest of national security.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Simpler would be for the House to subpoena Mueller and ask him what was in the report and if Barr pressured him to end it.

I think the Republican's plan has been to simply bury the report, for months, now. 

Think its just about guaranteed the Dems will try to bring in the report, or Mueller himself. 

Also expect the Republicans to try to claim classified/privilege/FBI only something, to try to keep it/him hidden. 

Hmm, maybe.  We’ve been told the investigation was winding down or shutting down for many months by Trump’s people and others. There still seems to be to be a lot of work to do with those who have been indicted and hopefully others who may yet be indicted.  So unless they are planning to hand off some of that or are planning a deluge of indictments next week I would be cautious about assuming the investigation will be ending soon.

Also it is a little concerning that Matt Schlepp recently implied pretty strongly that Barr was coming in and shutting it down after he was confirmed. 

(CNN)At the very end of a decidedly contentious interview between CNN's Chris Cuomo and White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway on Tuesday night, Conway said something regarding special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election that should raise every eyebrow you have (which should only be two).

CUOMO: -- when that probe comes out, Kellyanne, I'll give you guys as much time as you want to discuss its findings. I believe it's critical to the American people. The offer will always stand.
CONWAY: Great. Let's see if there's a report to even discuss.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/politics/kellyanne-conway-cuomo-mueller-report/index.html

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Idea:

Trump wants a military parade.

So ok, we send the military in with the FBI when they arrest him and his nest of snakes, and then perp walk them all down Pennsylvania avenue.

Anyway... best be ready, folks. 

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Seems to me any evidence of Russian collusion will only increase the devotion of Trumps base.  After all, they despise the diverse society that modern America has become.  A totalitarian, white ethno-state like Russia is a dream for them...and many of their elected representatives.

I recall an article posted here maybe five or so years ago..  why Republicans should move to Russia, and it proceeded to lay out all of the similarities to their ideals.

Amazing how accurate it appears to have been.

~Bang

• Sad 2