Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Question for everyone:  If Mueller report can't find a *direct* connection to the specific collusion issue, will it even matter that else the investigation, or the other investigations going on (all have to do with dirt, likely illegal, money practices) find him to be guilty of, or were too many "Collusion" eggs been put in the basket where if he isn't charged with that specifically, any hope of ousting the President over with as far as support from enough GOP members backed by the American people?

Oh, "no collusion" was created from the outset as a shorthand for "well, the government does not have a recording of Trump personally, and Putin personally, agreeing to an explicit quid pro quo, which they then carried out". (We hope.)

And from what I've seen of the GOP voters, they'd deny it even if there was. 

58 minutes ago, twa said:

If Mueller finds no direct evidence of collusion or obstruction Trump will certainly benefit.

Assume you mean "evidence of obstruction over and above firing the head of the FBI because he failed to promise to keep Trump's staff from being mentioned in the counterintelligence investigation that was just getting started"?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

Assume you mean "evidence of obstruction over and above firing the head of the FBI because he failed to promise to keep Trump's staff from being mentioned in the counterintelligence investigation that was just getting started"?

I assume you think you don't need real evidence that that was the reason.

what is your quote from?

I'm not worrying about Trump coming out of this investigation looking clean until I hear what Gates, Flynn and Cohen gave up for leniency. The number of lies already exposed should be enough for most thinking people anyhow. MAGA people will go to their graves believing whatever Trump tells them, so the effect on them is Irrelevant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twa said:

I assume you think you can sell the notion that the fact that he made the demand, then within days instructed his staff to start generating a cover story for firing him, then within days of the firing announced that it was a cover story, taken in context of two years of his other actions, isn't enough. 

2 hours ago, twa said:

I don’t know what you’re responding to but definitely agree that I hate when people claim things to be true with no supporting evidence.

edit: WAIT!!! YOU SAID THAT?!?!?

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I assume you think you can sell the notion that the fact that he made the demand, then within days instructed his staff to start generating a cover story for firing him, then within days of the firing announced that it was a cover story, taken in context of two years of his other actions, isn't enough. 

Any proof it was a demand?

Odd the Dems haven't gone all in on impeachment IF what you say is provable.

2 minutes ago, twa said:

Any proof it was a demand?

Odd the Dems haven't gone all in on impeachment IF what you say is provable.

You believe they aren't going to impeach him? They have said they will wait until they have Mueller's report. Plus having the damning testimony closer to the election makes sense politically.

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Other than the fact that the decision to fire him was made within days of him failing to agree?

That is not proof

3 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

You believe they aren't going to impeach him? They have said they will wait until they have Mueller's report. Plus having the damning testimony closer to the election makes sense politically.

I'd imagine it will depend on new information.

You are claiming they are delaying removing a genuine threat to the country in hope of political benefit? 

3 minutes ago, twa said:

That is not proof

I'd imagine it will depend on new information.

You are claiming they are delaying removing a genuine threat to the country in hope of political benefit? 

They are waiting to be fully locked and loaded. And yeah, it's politics. For that reason Republicans in the Senate have and will prevent him from being removed even though it's obvious he should be.

Just now, RedskinsFan44 said:

They are waiting to be fully locked and loaded. And yeah, it's politics. For that reason Republicans in the Senate have and will prevent him from being removed even though it's obvious he should be.

and if Mueller adds nothing much new ?

I was fine with impeaching him immediately after confirmation.

Don't blame Republicans for Dem inaction.......what the Dems want is political cover.(same as the never Trumpers) :ols:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, twa said:

That depends is this "Mueller" Mueller or Unreasonably Redacted Mueller.

Because Mueller Mueller has a lot.

Unreasonably Redacted Mueller will have less, because, you know, of bad people trying to bury things.

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Mueller won’t be redacted unless he allows himself to be.

I don't think Mueller will have that power. IIRC the law says (paraphrasing) that he has to turn in his full report to the AG. Then the AG/DoJ decide on what to do and how to report to Congress. If they wanted to they could probably write "no collusion" on a piece of toilet paper and send it to Congress and say "done". But with a Dem House they'll do everything they can to get it out into the light. However that will mean some major court battles when they try to subpoena the full report.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I don't think Mueller will have that power. IIRC the law says (paraphrasing) that he has to turn in his full report to the AG. Then the AG/DoJ decide on what to do and how to report to Congress. If they wanted to they could probably write "no collusion" on a piece of toilet paper and send it to Congress and say "done". But with a Dem House they'll do everything they can to get it out into the light. However that will mean some major court battles when they try to subpoena the full report.

He is perfectly capable of giving his opinion on the AGs report without releasing classified information.  The AG can’t, for example, stop Mueller from saying “The AGs report is incomplete” 

5 hours ago, twa said:

I was fine with impeaching him immediately after confirmation.

Don't blame Republicans for Dem inaction.......what the Dems want is political cover.(same as the never Trumpers) :ols:

This is an absolute joke and you know it. Try to do better.

Edited by RedskinsFan44
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He is perfectly capable of giving his opinion on the AGs report without releasing classified information.  The AG can’t, for example, stop Mueller from saying “The AGs report is incomplete” 

Yeah, sure, but if he can't elaborate on how it's incomplete, then it doesn't do anyone much good.  The Trump/GOP plan is to use any tiny amount of plausible deniability, no matter how tiny, to brush off issues with Trump as merely crazed rantings of the left.

Even if Mueller said something so far as "Our investigation indeed covered the President, was a counter-intelligence operation, made numerous suggestions as to actions to DOJ, and the DOJ has released an incomplete report and not taken those actions" that too would just be brushed off, unless the underlying stuff could be brought up too.

• Like 1

What if Mueller says, "The report being distributed by the DOJ is incomplete. Seven hundred and ninety three acts of treasonous behavior have been forcibly removed from the document to create a false narrative. They have cobbled together a Devin Nunes fabrication which in some cases attempts to suppress the facts and in others attempts to paint a picture that shows the opposite of what actually happened."

Edited by Burgold