Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

32 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

And also remember - the "Russian internal affairs" we're interfering in is Russia invading another country.  

Remember when Obama was a weak slave of Russia because when Russia invaded another country, sanctions were all that he did?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

And also remember - the "Russian internal affairs" we're interfering in is Russia invading another country.  

Remember when Obama was a weak slave of Russia because when Russia invaded another country, sanctions were all that he did?  

The saddest indictment of the GOP is that the Russians correctly recognized that they are such shameless and craven politicians, that if the Kremlin decided to intervene in our politics on their behalf, not only would the GOP accept it, but they would then work towards delegitimizating and weakening our own defense mechanisms. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Manafort has to be angling for a pardon, right?  He's 70,  facing the prospect of spending the rest of his life in prison, and yet he STILL purposefully lies to Mueller after reaching a cooperation agreement.  It's got to be a clear signal to the Don that he's one consigliere who won't sing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Manafort has to be angling for a pardon, right?  He's 70,  facing the prospect of spending the rest of his life in prison, and yet he STILL purposefully lies to Mueller after reaching a cooperation agreement.  It's got to be a clear signal to the Don that he's one consigliere who won't sing.

It won't matter due to the state charges he faces. He's screwed.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Thing is, he knows Don cant pardon him atleast until hes lost the next election. So hes in there for 2 more years and that has nothing to do with the state level that Trump cant help with. So hes gonna die in jail anyway. I bet he wouldnt make 2 years. 

I think hes rotting away so those girls of his that he probably pretends to love so much wont get a belly full of plutonium of whatever it is the kids are into these days. If he really was that caught up with the Russians. which I absolutely think he was, then he knows how they roll. And they will kill those girls. In the worst way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Manafort has been lying so long and so much I suspect he is literally incapable of telling the truth.

56 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Thing is, he knows Don cant pardon him atleast until hes lost the next election. So hes in there for 2 more years and that has nothing to do with the state level that Trump cant help with. So hes gonna die in jail anyway. I bet he wouldnt make 2 years. 

I think hes rotting away so those girls of his that he probably pretends to love so much wont get a belly full of plutonium of whatever it is the kids are into these days. If he really was that caught up with the Russians. which I absolutely think he was, then he knows how they roll. And they will kill those girls. In the worst way. 

You're adorable with all that "Manafort cares about people" rhetoric.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

The saddest indictment of the GOP is that the Russians correctly recognized that they are such shameless and craven politicians, that if the Kremlin decided to intervene in our politics on their behalf, not only would the GOP accept it, but they would then work towards delegitimizating and weakening our own defense mechanisms. 

Yeah, if I try to pick the saddest aspect of the utter dumpster fire which the GOP has become, I have to think #1 is Trump's attacks on NATO. I mean, 10 years ago, which prediction do you think would have gotten you better odds?

1). "President Trump"

2). A Republican President will attack NATO, while Russia is invading Baltic countries, and the entire GOP will remain almost silent on the matter.  

And that's just part of the trend. I mean, a Republican President (or was it part of his staff?) literally stating that Russia was justified to invade Afghanistan?  And it barely makes the news?  

This is used to be an issue the GOP owned

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yeah I have a hard time seeing any other realistic angles other than his fear for his family or something. He can't possibly assume that Trump will pardon him, as I'm sure he knows that Trump has zero loyalty and only pardons someone if he is sure it will benefit him somehow. He might still be lying for Trump but he's completely toxic and a pardon would be so insanely obvious...plus he still has the state charges that Trump can't pardon.

Also, Manafort may be a crook and a traitor but I don't think he's dumb. I doubt he truly believed he was going to get away with lying to Mueller for long. But why take the deal in the first place then? Stalling for time for some reason?

Then again, maybe I'm overestimating his intelligence. Perhaps he really was stupid enough to believe that he could pull one over on Mueller. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, visionary said:

Well, Devin Nunes can't abuse the House's authority by trying to push an untrue narrative to cover for the career criminal who the entire party has to stay loyal to, if they want political power. 

Looks like Lindsey has come off the bench. 

The entire "Intelligence agency was biased against Trump and is trying to lead a coup" is getting to Benghazi levels of absurd.  Considering all those around Trump that have been charged, convicted, still awaiting trial, still lying etc etc etc.....it seems pretty ridiculous to suggest there were no grounds for FISA warrant taps in the first place.   

Other than "because I'm a partisan hack", how can you not think these investigations are justified, even if it turns out Trump himself all along has just been a useful idiot and didn't know what was going on right under his nose. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Chachie said:

You're adorable with all that "Manafort cares about people" rhetoric.  :)

You missed the qualifier "pretends". My psychoanalysis is that a man as dirty as him has something that he uses to excuse his behavior so that he can enjoy all his Ostrich jackets. Otherwise eventually his conscious will get in the way maybe a little. I think for him he has to pretend hes doing this for him family and now that hes as down and out as it gets that lie is all he has left, literally, and hes going to delude himself until death. 

He will die poor, incarcerated, alone and with his family hating him. he knows that. So he is going to do everything he has to to believe one more lie for the rest of his life. 

At least thats what I hope is happening. The idea of him in that much sadness makes me happy. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You missed the qualifier "pretends". My psychoanalysis is that a man as dirty as him has something that he uses to excuse his behavior so that he can enjoy all his Ostrich jackets. Otherwise eventually his conscious will get in the way maybe a little. I think for him he has to pretend hes doing this for him family and now that hes as down and out as it gets that lie is all he has left, literally, and hes going to delude himself until death. 

He will die poor, incarcerated, alone and with his family hating him. he knows that. So he is going to do everything he has to to believe one more lie for the rest of his life. 

At least thats what I hope is happening. The idea of him in that much sadness makes me happy. 

So he's basically a fat, far less intimidating Walter White with far fewer awesome lines and a far worse fashion sense?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Has to be. And though the conventional wisdom is that there would a political price to pay for Trump granting that pardon it would seem he could quite literally commit murder in the middle of 5th Avenue and circa 35% of the voting population would not waver in their apparent support. Have to think Stone is counting on the same.

Only thing I can think of to worry Manafort/Stone in this regard is Trump may need to hold fire on the pardons as the investigations laps ever closer to his own family. I know there is no limit to how many pardons he can grant (as far as I know anyway) but if he has to start handing them out like sweets it MIGHT just cut into his core support at some point.

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

because we don't live in a dictatorship.

Yet.

And I'm only half joking. With all the gerrymandering and voter suppression already happening and the damage being done to essential institutions like the free press, with a blatant propaganda vehicle in place via Fox News just how far are we really away from Trump calling the result illegitimate and refusing to step down if he was to lose in 2020?