Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I feel sick. Now we get to watch this traitor grandstanding for the rest of his life.

He'll commit more crimes. He's emboldened now but next time when he's convicted there's no get out of jail free card. And **** trump vote this mother****er out.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Holy ****. I thought he'd do it, but not yet. Maybe he thinks he's bottomed out and now is the time, not in a few weeks if he's robounding?

Nothing to do with it. There's no bottoming out, strategy, or rebound. This guy's already been impeached. This is the guy that suggested we ingest lysol and household cleaners to kill Coronavirus. This is the guy who says 99% of the cases are harmless and tweets dudes in a truck yelling White Power. 

Stone is supposed to go to jail in 4 days. He's outta appeals, or at least his next appeal would've been from his prison cell. Now is simply the time so Stone doesn't see any real jail time. 

I wonder how much of this is an attempt at distraction from COVID-19 rebounding. Then again, that would imply strategy, which Trump is basically incapable of. He probably just got pissed about all the negative stuff happening and decided on a whim to pardon Stone to make himself feel better and "own the libs".

• Like 2

Debunking 12 lies and falsehoods from the White House statement on Roger Stone's commutation

By Marshall Cohen

Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump commuted the prison sentence of his longtime friend and political adviser Roger Stone on Friday, days before Stone was required to begin his 40-month prison term for lying to Congress about the Trump campaign's ties to WikiLeaks.

The extraordinary act of clemency was announced by White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany. She released a lengthy statement that was littered with lies and false claims about the Russia investigation, special counsel Robert Mueller and the details of Stone's legal case.

Stone was convicted in November of lying to Congress, obstructing its inquiry into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and threatening a witness who could have exposed his lies. The commutation erases Stone's prison sentence -- but the guilty verdicts remain on the books.

Here's a breakdown of 12 baseless claims from the White House statement.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We all know the ultimate pardon is coming, when he pardons himself.

That will be one of the most important SCOTUS decisions ever. 

I mean that very seriously. Trump v. whomever will be like Roe v. Wade or Brown v. Board of Education. A case pretty much everyone knows. 

• Like 1

Mueller had a chance to actually make an impact and secure justice and stop an authoritarian push by this administration. he knew what he found and what was obvious to all. 

he chose to hide behind legal memos and dubious precedence to not ruffle any feathers and put an actual claim on what he believed. He didn’t step forward when a nation needed him and he took the easy way out. 

im done hearing from him 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Mueller had a chance to actually make an impact and secure justice and stop an authoritarian push by this administration. he knew what he found and what was obvious to all. 

he chose to hide behind legal memos and dubious precedence to not ruffle any feathers and put an actual claim on what he believed. He didn’t step forward when a nation needed him and he took the easy way out. 

im done hearing from him 

Robert Mueller retired in 2013. He did step forward.... to conduct an investigation. Which he did.

You're still letting Trump control the narrative. Remember Trump is one who kept Mueller/Russia in the headlines the whole time. 

Mueller has/had no authority/ability to do what you say or want. He was special counsel. He did not hide behind anything. He did his investigation and then handed it to the Attorney General who makes the decisions and controls all jurisdiction of the special counsel.

The AG then hands the investigation to Congress, whom makes the final decision as far as holding the President accountable. 

Robert Mueller is not Batman. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Robert Mueller is not Batman. 

I feel where you are coming from and hopefully we all do. But Muller had rules he would not break that many of us do not see the value in and that is what some of us will remember. He needed to stick to his morales about what was right and fair. The country needed someone to say **** that and do what was necessary. It’s a similar feeling to what I have for the Democrats. They largely do what they are supposed to and what is allowed. They rarely step up and do something out of the ordinary, especially if that something is morally ambiguous. 

I realize all the bad ways that can go for us, too. But I’m just trying to explain what I and I assume others feel. Because you aren’t wrong.