Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

Considering Manny has loads of fun here and the O's are going to be able to surround him with talent to win, it really is going to come down to if he wants to take the most money he can get or if he values what he has with the O's. 

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Considering Manny has loads of fun here and the O's are going to be able to surround him with talent to win, it really is going to come down to if he wants to take the most money he can get or if he values what he has with the O's. 

As long as the deal he gets from the O's isn't a joke. In other words, he's not going to agree to a substantially less contract to remain an Oriole. 

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Hate to be a pessimist but the rotation still isn't that good.  Bundy has been great, Gausman has been good but the rest just can't get it done, IMO.

Manny is playing out of his mind.

Was bummed that I missed the performance last night, was out running errands and missed it all.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Hate to be a pessimist but the rotation still isn't that good.  Bundy has been great, Gausman has been good but the rest just can't get it done, IMO.

Between Tillman, Ubaldo, and Miley, 2 out of the 3 are gonna get shelled every week.  And one of 'em is likely Tillman.  

1 hour ago, KingGibbs said:

Self. Don't get sucked in only to have your heart broken. 

Self. Too late.

The back end of the rotation doesn't help things. 

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Between Tillman, Ubaldo, and Miley, 2 out of the 3 are gonna get shelled every week.  And one of 'em is likely Tillman.  

I think Tillman started the other day because Bundy was still on bereavement. 

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

The back end of the rotation doesn't help things. 

I think Tillman started the other day because Bundy was still on bereavement. 

I hope you are right but Buck said Bundy would be working on five days rest next start. That means 6 man rotation. 

Well, let it ride.  I mean, we've made it this far and a WC spot is ripe for the taking, it might as well be us.

I feel like I'm a bit of a DD apologist but the Beckham move was brilliant.  He rightfully gets a bad rap for some things but he's kept us over .500 for years now.  I know we all remember 1998-2011 so I'm thankful for the teams he's put on the field, warts and all.  

51 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, let it ride.  I mean, we've made it this far and a WC spot is ripe for the taking, it might as well be us.

I feel like I'm a bit of a DD apologist but the Beckham move was brilliant.  He rightfully gets a bad rap for some things but he's kept us over .500 for years now.  I know we all remember 1998-2011 so I'm thankful for the teams he's put on the field, warts and all.  

I was fine with Beckham cuz I didnt wanna see Hardy anymore.  So kudos to DD for finding a viable alternative. But DD had no idea Beckham would be hitting at a .400 clip.  Cant give him THAT much credit.  lol

I think the frustration with DD comes from not wanting to get too comfortable just being over .500.  It's cool to want more.  Being better than .500 isnt the goal.

I'm not getting sucked back in, even though I'm enjoying the winning streak.  My mind is the same now as a couple of weeks ago. I want them to finish over .500 and if they make it, great,  If they don't, well, that's what I was expecting.

Glad the Beckham move worked out.  I was done with Hardy last year.  He's too old and too injured.  Had a decent bat, but with age and injuries, he's just a decent glove now.

****ing ****, I totally forgot that the game was an afternoon game today.  I always do this.

Anyway, looks like the bats are digging us out of a hole here.  Welcome to the 30 homer club, Jonathan Schoop.  I have a feeling that this will be the first of quite a few 30 homer seasons for him.

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

I was fine with Beckham cuz I didnt wanna see Hardy anymore.  So kudos to DD for finding a viable alternative. But DD had no idea Beckham would be hitting at a .400 clip.  Cant give him THAT much credit.  lol

I think the frustration with DD comes from not wanting to get too comfortable just being over .500.  It's cool to want more.  Being better than .500 isnt the goal.

Well I do love Hardy, but it's obvious that he's pretty much done.  I don't think DD knew he'd hit this well, but I think DD saw a guy that was a high draft pick who might have been a late bloomer and just needed a change of scenery.

DD is frustrating at times but I think he's made the best of what's been available to him.  We don't have a stacked farm system to deal from....we haven't had much to look forward to in that department until recently.  We don't play in the international market, I'm not sure if that's his fault or PA's.  

Archived