Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

Hellickson vs. CC today.

I think in recent years we've hit that fat **** but I'm not too sure.  Hellickson doesn't inspire confidence.

Yesterday with Bundy was, IMO, the best shot we had at winning a game this series.  Gausman goes tomorrow and he'll have to bring his best stuff cause he's going against Sonny Gray who, I'm pretty sure, we have no success against.

3 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

We played a Sunday home game at 1:30.  Yankees played a Sunday Night game that was long and have to travel to B-More.  You'd have thought we'd have the advantage playing in the afternoon yesterday.  Nope!.  O's gonna O's.

Very disappointed in Adam Jones yesterday. I know Jones has always been a free swinger, but I expect the team leader have much more plate discipline than he showed yesterday.

42 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

We played a Sunday home game at 1:30.  Yankees played a Sunday Night game that was long and have to travel to B-More.  You'd have thought we'd have the advantage playing in the afternoon yesterday.  Nope!.  O's gonna O's.

I imagine with it being September, everyone is tired. That may play a bigger role earlier in the season, for sure. But everyone's tired.  

Here's a nice DJ Stewart article in the Sun. Maybe he gets a shot to hold down RF next year?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-dj-stewart-20170904-story.html

Orioles prospect DJ Stewart says that while being one of just 10 minor leaguers to reach 20 home runs and 20 steals this year is indicative of his overall game, the 20 bags are a "bigger statement" because they shed light on a part of his repertoire that can sometimes be overlooked.

No matter which part takes precedent, it all adds up to a season that has the Orioles hoping their 2015 first-round draft pick can't be overlooked anymore, either.

"He really, each year, has stepped it up," Double-A Bowie manager Gary Kendall said. "I know last year, coming from Delmarva to Frederick, it was better. Of course, coming here this year, never playing Double-A and to be able to put together such a solid season, not just with his power but his batting average has maintained all year, he's been very consistent for us. (more in link) 

I expect to see one of Hays, Stewart or Mullins as the starting RF and the other two starting at Norfolk. It's cool to see some actual potential in the O's farm system and I hope the O's start to transition away from some older players in the off-season. Gotta unload Trumbo in the off-season. That would be a great first step.

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm just waiting to see Hays and Sisco get into the game. :)

True.

I'm disappointed.  Biggest series of the season, we've been hot and we come out playing like this two nights in a row.

Oh ****, Ubaldo is in the pen.

You guys see this today?  http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20529381/the-unlikely-story-how-no-762-became-barry-bonds-final-home-run

Who'd Bonds his #762 against?  That's right, 'ol UU.  

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

True.

I'm disappointed.  Biggest series of the season, we've been hot and we come out playing like this two nights in a row.

Oh ****, Ubaldo is in the pen.

You guys see this today?  http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20529381/the-unlikely-story-how-no-762-became-barry-bonds-final-home-run

Who'd Bonds his #762 against?  That's right, 'ol UU.  

I did read that earlier. 

Manny and Schoop...if only the O's could build around those two for the next 5-8 years. 

Archived