Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

Having missed Ubaldo's portion of the game, Palmer made it seem like he had some bad luck more than he was just getting hammered.  The ball off the bag was a double play ball, and then there was a bloop single that could have been caught.  That's 4 runs right there.

46 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Agreed.  They should bring him back.  Isn't he on a one year deal?   

I feel WAY more confident with him at the plate than I ever did with Wieters.  

He has a player option for $7 million. No doubt he opts out and he will get good money from someone. 

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

Don't see the O's signing Hellickson to a bad contract in the off season. 

I remember when Givens used to be money.  Hopefully he'll get it back together again soon. 

Signing him to any contract is dubious toting around an ERA over 6 as an Oriole.  But they'll surely bargain shop again this offseason and hope it all works out.  

Not to fast forward, but after Bundy and Gausman, the 2018 rotation is up for grabs.  Castro will get a decent shot it seems like, but after that, who knows.  If we dont resign Hellickson, it'll be filled out by Hellickson types.  

And that Norfolk rotation is brutal.  Not exactly full of guys trying to push their way on to the big club.

3 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Don't see the O's signing Hellickson to a big contract in the off season. 

I remember when Givens used to be money.  Hopefully he'll get it back together again soon. 

One of the problems of all these starters have short starts. Bullpen guys needing to pitch multiple innings time and again. 

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Not to fast forward, but after Bundy and Gausman, the 2018 rotation is up for grabs.  Castro will get a decent shot it seems like, but after that, who knows.  If we dont resign Hellickson, it'll be filled out by Hellickson types.  

Seeing Edwin Jackson pitch well after moving on from us is infuriating. Gives up 7 runs in 5 innings and then pitches great for the Nats, while our pitching suuuuuuuuuuuuucks outside of Bundy (and sometimes Gausman). 

Archived