Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

11 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Yeah...I thinkn I'm done with the season. Can't keep getting reeled in and disappointed. We don't have it this year, hitting or pitching. Need to get better in every aspect. Maybe in my superstitious world they get hot with my absence from the thread. Later fellas.

Ok, see ya tomorrow.

Missed most of the game. I have to question the O's thought process today. Starting Tillman means the bullpen is down a man.  O'Day through 5 pitches in the 6th yet is he not out there for a second inning? 

Plus by starting Tillman, they were short in the pen yesterday which is why Givens went 1 2/3s in a game they were losing. 

More ranting later. 

Yeah, we're done.  We had 2 statement series over the past week against beatable teams we're chasing, and we lost them both.  It's been over 3 months since this club has given me any vibes of being able to go on an extended run, which is what they'll need to leapfrog 6 friggin teams and make up 4 games.

At this point I'm just hoping for a winning record and 3rd place in the East.  Since nobody seems to want to take the second wildcard spot, I could see us hanging around and playing some "meaningful" games into September; maybe even be mathematically alive going into the last week of the season.  But they're not going to get it, and they don't deserve it. 

51 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

At least Manny hit another bomb yesterday.  

As mentioned earlier, just rooting for personal performances from here on out.  Having Manny and Schoop in the top 10 for RBI and homers is pretty cool.  

Mancini in the top 3 of ROTY would be awesome for the team as well. 

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Just got home, saw Wellington hit a homer.  Looks like Mancini had a 3 run shot, too.

Bundy looks like he's brought his game today.

Have you caught up to the 9th inning yet?

Archived