Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

Prospect update just from today's Bowie game:

Mullins: 2-5, lead off home run, batting .317

Hays: 2-5, triple, grand slam, batting .340

Santander: 3-5, 2 HR, batting .417 (I think he needs to be added to the roster in 6-7 days)

Mountcastle: 2-4, Double, batting .182 (still adjusting to AA. Probably one of the youngest players in the league)

I do worry that maybe the averages are inflated due to a lack of quality pitching in the league, but it's still a good sign. 

As far as the game goes, I didn't see it but I just can't view the O's as serious about making a run at the playoffs with Davis and Trumbo batting 4th and 5th. One of those two needs to be traded this off-season. Most likely on Trumbo would be able to be moved unless the O's took back a back contract from someone else in order to trade Davis, but that's a sideways move. 

AA pitching isn't as bad as say, PCL pitching.  PCL stats are always super inflated.  Remember that Angels SS Brandon Wood who flamed out?   I remember hearing about how that guy was gonna kill it cause he hit something like 45 homers in the PCL.

Excited about all of those guys, I bet Hays and Mullins see time in Baltimore next year.

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

AA pitching isn't as bad as say, PCL pitching.  PCL stats are always super inflated.  Remember that Angels SS Brandon Wood who flamed out?   I remember hearing about how that guy was gonna kill it cause he hit something like 45 homers in the PCL.

Excited about all of those guys, I bet Hays and Mullins see time in Baltimore next year.

It's going to be cool to add legitimate speed to the every day lineup and having real defensive speed in the OF. 

On 8/13/2017 at 0:41 AM, Hersh said:

O's have to trade Trumbo in the off-season. Beckham seems destined for DH or OF with the O's. He's one of the worst fielding SS in the majors going on fielding %. 

If he can stay in that .970+ territory, I can live with it.

I think part of his problem is he doesnt play anywhere consistently. He was never great going back to his early years in pro ball where he was exclusively a SS.  But now it had been about 4 years in between him playing there every day.  

But we also need to see what he's like at the plate when he comes back to earth.  That's quite an indictment of Trumbo that Beckham has basically been as good as him this year.

Archived