Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

Just now, DM72 said:

Trout need to do what other athletes in other sports do. Demand them to sign big free agents or demand a trade.

They spent money. They just spent it recklessly on bad players starting with Josh Hamilton and CJ Wilson. Plus the huge Pujols deal in which they still have at least 4 years and $115 million on to go. 

Great game.  I had to watch it on delay.  Bundy was damn solid, I love his breaking pitches.  Manny is scorching.  He followed up that slam by starting a sick double play in the bottom of the 7th. 

I liked the base running in the 5th inning, Beckham and Smith tagging up and advancing on a Castillo fly ball (Beckham seems to know how to do all the little things well, he had a really nice slide into 3rd to beat Calhoun's throw)  Rickard bloop, Jones sac fly.  Small ball!

I'd like to extend two big middle fingers and a crotch grab to ESPN.

I fell asleep early last night, didn't get to watch as much of the game as I had wanted to.  I woke up, vomiting all over the place, the food I had last night made me sick.  Finally after heaving into the bowl for a solid 10 minutes, I get to sit on the toilet and I'm shaking, coughing eyes watery, a little sweaty, finally thinking that I've got it all out.  I grab my phone and see that the Orioles won, that Manny hit a slam and all I want as I sit there post up-chuck is a little something to make me feel better.  Something to give me hope.  I want to see Manny's slam.

So what does ESPN do instead of show game highlights attached to the game recap?

Shows a montage of Trout hitting homers on his birthday.  There's like 5 of them.  No Manny slam.  

http://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=370807103

Hell, even the write-up was ****ing dumb, it centered around Trout getting his 1,000th career hit and homering on his birthday.  Manny hitting a slam and having 9 RBI over the past two games might as well have been an afterthought.  Well, it WAS an afterthought.

**** you, ESPN.  In my time of need, you never fail to disappoint.

7 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

ESPN has been garbage for a long time. 

They are not too big to topple. 

I only watch the games. I will not indulge in any of their other programming or attempts to get my attention. 

Worthless. 

True.  But the 30 for 30's are usually really good.  They should have an ESPN channel with those on a loop, I'd be glued to it.  Even the ones I've seen a bunch are still really good, like the Bo Jackson one. 

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

True.  But the 30 for 30's are usually really good.  They should have an ESPN channel with those on a loop, I'd be glued to it.  Even the ones I've seen a bunch are still really good, like the Bo Jackson one. 

That's not a bad idea.  There's certainly plenty of content.  All the documentary content could go there: 30 for 30s, E:60s, other sports docs they bought the rights to. The ESPN Films channel.

Don't like this ump's strike zone. First pitch to Schoop was 8 inches inside. 

Good pitching from Hellickson so far. He changes speeds very well and hits all the corners, up and down in the strike zone.

Seth Smith's base running has been putrid tonight.

Dammit....falling apart in the 7th.

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Parker Bridwell schooling the team that traded him for essentially nothing was an absolute lock.  

I went to bed after the 3rd inning and it was the right decision. Traded him for the cost of a claim and the spot on he 40. UGH.

Add him to the list of pitchers whom have rapidly improved after leaving. The problem with "grow the arms" strategy is that you have to...grow the arms for it to work. 

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Parker Bridwell schooling the team that traded him for essentially nothing was an absolute lock.  

That's 8 QS out of 11 this year for him.  We couldnt have used that at all.

Plucking our minor league system for pitching only works for the rest of MLB.

Archived