Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

Just now, Bang said:

I have never seen a call like that.

How the hell did he call it a strikeout anyway? Did he say that not only did the ball not hit him buty he tried to bunt?

It was treated like a slider that someone swings at and it clips the back foot. The ruling was that he swung at the pitch so it hitting his hand (and then the bat after hitting the hand) is irrelevant. But ****, use some common sense. He was ducking away and putting his hands in the way of a ball that was headed to his face. ****ing ump show. 

3 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

It was treated like a slider that someone swings at and it clips the back foot. The ruling was that he swung at the pitch so it hitting his hand (and then the bat after hitting the hand) is irrelevant. But ****, use some common sense. He was ducking away and putting his hands in the way of a ball that was headed to his face. ****ing ump show. 

A ridiculous call, especially from the first base ump who could see that the hands were well in frnt of the bat head when contact was made. ****, the bat head barely came off his shoulder.

Buck should've blistered his ears.

~Bang

5 minutes ago, Bang said:

Buck should've blistered his ears.

~Bang

Yea maybe he was distracted because our Co-starting catcher was crumpled to the ground after nearly being brained. 

Jones hits a one hopper snared by short. 

Machado hits a grounder up the middle that gets a vintage Omar Visquel spin and flip. 

Schoop gets robbed of a homerun. 

Well... ****ing a. 

Beckham called out on a wild pitch that bounces perfectly to the C. He was safe. Challenge denied. 

Rickard gets called out in a strike three that was high and that's AFTER this mofo threw three to the backstop. ****ing gotta be kidding me. Bad night for the guys NOBODY came to see. 

37 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I think the umps definitely go this call right. What needs to happen is a rule change. Like, if you get hit cause the pitch was running way inside at your hands or face and the only way to turn was the way Caleb did, they should be able to rule that not a swing cause there was really no intent to swing.

20 hours ago, Hersh said:

I think the umps definitely go this call right. What needs to happen is a rule change. Like, if you get hit cause the pitch was running way inside at your hands or face and the only way to turn was the way Caleb did, they should be able to rule that not a swing cause there was really no intent to swing.

I think he started his swing like any hitter gearing up to hit a fastball and his hands carried up to protect himself. The bat moving like a swing from that point was more incidental than intent. And I've seen umpires make that call all the time as such. So if that is umpire feeelancing then sure, change the rule. Because that's some bull poo. 

Just saw Davis' numbers for the first time in a while. His numbers are embarrassingly bad. The 219 avg is bad, but 39 RBI in August?

11 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Can't wait until Miley is gone. The pitch to Upton wasn't that bad but for an 0-2 pitch it caught too much of the plate.

We have turned Upton into Barry Bonds.

9 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Anyone still think Tim Beckham was a bad acquisition? He is tearing it up.

Let's give it longer than a week. He's hitting great and had one awful error. Hopefully the influence of needing to play better D helps him in that department. 

The good thing is that he seems to fit personality wise with Manny and Schoop. Don't know if Manny would give any kind of discount to the O's, but they sure are surrounding him with good people. 

Love Britton going 4 outs. Good for the O's now and should he be traded in the off-season. 

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Yeah Davis is a bust. I believe I predicted his demise when we paid him a boat load full of cash. What a joke. He should be forced to give some of that money back.

It kills me that Buck keeps batting him 4th or 5th. He should be 7th or lower until he proves otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I like how fast he races around the bases in his home run trot. It is cool to have some more speed. 

He looks plenty fast but his steal percentage isn't great.  Should be fixed with some time and better technique.  

Hopefully he's a late bloomer and we've got a good one.  

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He looks plenty fast but his steal percentage isn't great.  Should be fixed with some time and better technique.  

Hopefully he's a late bloomer and we've got a good one.  

Beckham, if he plays well and presents as a full time SS for the O's, puts the O's in a really interesting situation as it eliminates a big need. O's are basically set going into the off-season with position players and the bullpen and would need 2 to 3 starting pitchers. 

C- Joseph, Sisco

1st- Davis

2nd- Schoop

3rd- Manny

SS- Beckham

LF- Mancini

CF- Jones

RF- ?? Hays??

DH- Trumbo

Reserves: Santander, Rickard?, Utility Inf?

Bullpen: Britton, Brach, O'Day, Hart, Breier, Givens, (One of a few minor leaguers if not Castro)

Starters: Gausman, Bundy, Castro??, Need 2

O's will have about $60 million off the books. Figure $25 million for raises leaving $35 to fill positions. Do you keep everyone and go for it with two starting pitchers? Could land a top flight pitcher if the O's wanted to go all in. 

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

O's will have about $60 million off the books. Figure $25 million for raises leaving $35 to fill positions. Do you keep everyone and go for it with two starting pitchers? Could land a top flight pitcher if the O's wanted to go all in. 

I think Tillman comes back at 1/7 with lots of incentives. Get him an offseason to figure out that arm slot. The FA class for pitching is expensive and uninspiring. Maybe they trade for someone with a year of control left or a surprise non-tender. 

I think the staring RFer with be a spring camp surprise, like a DJ Stewart. 

I also think the accomplishment of the offseason would be offering Machado (eliminating the last year of Arb where he'd make well less than FA$) a 10 year 313.13 million dollar contract with opt outs after 4, and 6 years with years 5 and 7 containing balloon salaries of 38 million. Put it on the table before the winter meetings. 

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I think Tillman comes back at 1/7 with lots of incentives. Get him an offseason to figure out that arm slot. The FA class for pitching is expensive and uninspiring. Maybe they trade for someone with a year of control left or a surprise non-tender. 

I think the staring RFer with be a spring camp surprise, like a DJ Stewart. 

I also think the accomplishment of the offseason would be offering Machado (eliminating the last year of Arb where he'd make well less than FA$) a 10 year 313.13 million dollar contract with opt outs after 4, and 6 years with years 5 and 7 containing balloon salaries of 38 million. Put it on the table before the winter meetings. 

I appreciate all Tillman has done over the years, but it's time for him to go. 

No Jake Arrieta reunion? 

Given the FA pitching class and the O's reluctance to have long term deals for pitchers, as I said a couple pages ago, I'd take a run at Verlander. He hasn't been great this year but it's a short term commitment, (2 years) and if he was on the O's this season instead of Tillman, the O's are in first place in the AL East. 

Archived