Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

Gotta add that Cameron Bishop is off to a good start at Aberdeen. He was the 26th round pick the O's signed last minute for big money to entice him to come out from UC Irvine instead of going back after missing the season. 

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

Prospect report:

Santander is crushing AA pitching. 6 games in he is batting a cool. .692 with 2 home runs, 4 doubles and 7 RBI. 3 walks to go along with only 2 Ks. 

Austin Hays: Batting a cool .338 in 34 AA games. Over .333 between Frederick and Bowie so far. 

Cedric Mullins: Batting a cool .330 in 50 AA games. Sucks he's been on the DL twice this year. 

Chance Sisco: Batting .280 with a cool .349 OBP. 

Much maligned DJ Stewart is doing decently in AA. I know he's a little bit buried, but he's improved after a horrendous first year and change in the minors.

.837 OPS at A+ in the second half last year, .791 in AA this year. 

1 minute ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Much maligned DJ Stewart is doing decently in AA. I know he's a little bit buried, but he's improved after a horrendous first year and change in the minors.

.837 OPS at A+ in the second half last year, .791 in AA this year. 

Gassaway is another OF prospect playing well. The more the merrier as the O's will have prospects to make more impactful trades.

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

Those are 2 strong wins over KC. Since the break, i know we've been cautiously optimistic..  but KC is a quality team.

Should i dare to dream?

~Bang

I say dare to dream. Trading guys for the right deals would have been a good move. You can't just assume that they will rip off a 15-5 stretch, especially not with the pitching staff as it is. BUT if they're not going to make those deals, swing away.

I may have mentioned this before, but I believe several pieces (O'Day, Beef, Smith, etc.) will clear waivers anyway, so if this current stretch falls apart in a matter of days, they can still make some moves at the waiver deadline. 

3 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I say dare to dream. Trading guys for the right deals would have been a good move. You can't just assume that they will rip off a 15-5 stretch, especially not with the pitching staff as it is. BUT if they're not going to make those deals, swing away.

I may have mentioned this before, but I believe several pieces (O'Day, Beef, Smith, etc.) will clear waivers anyway, so if this current stretch falls apart in a matter of days, they can still make some moves at the waiver deadline. 

I seriously doubt they will sell at all regardless of what happens. They could lose ten games in a row and I don't think it matters at this point. 

I still wish they would have moved Britton as much as I want the guy to be an Oriole for life. 

Two terrible trips through the rotation and the dare to dream stuff will die down.  I like seeing them win but these guys who they are.

That's the great thing about the MLB season.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.  And you'll see who teams really are by the end of the season. You'll know if that team that got out to a 25-10 start in April and May is for real.  

Right now, IMO, they've had some good starts but we all know Ubaldo and Miley are what they are.  I think Gausman has shown that he's a 2nd half pitcher, he could be solid the rest of the way.  If Bundy has starts like he did last night, then maybe...maybe there's a chance.  Hellickson could be a wildcard for us but I wouldn't bank on him being a game changer.  

But this offense still is what it is.  A bunch of guys with .310 on base percentages that strike out too much.  7 runs one night, 2 the next.  12 runs off 4 homers one night, 12 strikeouts the next night, 1 run.  

I'd love it as much as anyone else if this team weaseled it's way into a wildcard spot, it'd be a blast getting there.  I still don't think they have the horses, though.

WTF!  Are we on a 4 game winning streak?  Starting pitching.  It's all about starting pitching.   

I was watching the game Monday night with my lady and I was bad mouthing Craig Gentry when he came up to the plate.  He hit the GWRBI just to show my girl that I don't know **** about baseball.  :-) 

8 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Right now, they look better than they've looked all season. Even better than when they got off to that hot start.

Pitching AND hitting is clicking at the same time.

Agreed.  I still think they'll disappoint eventually, but I'll enjoy it while I can.  So far Beckham and Hellickson are paying returns.  Way too early to judge the trades obviously but an encouraging start.

Is this next turn in the rotation deciding who goes? Bundy, Hellickson and Gausman are entrenched. Ubaldo did well last time out. Miley is Miley. Tillman may have to be the one to go but we all know he's Buck's guy. 

(Meanwhile Edwin Jackson is going 7 for the Nats. He couldn't get 3 outs before serving up a 2 run dongs for us. Ugh.)

10 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

C'mon Gausman.  The Tigers are very beatable.  Don't **** this up!

Tillman is up next. If he gets rocked again, not sure how many more times the O's can run him out there if the others are throwing well.

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Tillman is up next. If he gets rocked again, not sure how many more times the O's can run him out there if the others are throwing well.

Gotcha.  Thanks.  Tillman has looked pretty rough lately.  Plus he's going against Boyd who has been pitching great.  

Just saw Gaus is pitching against Verlander.  **** is about to get real.   

Archived