Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He's quickly lumping himself in with Miley and Ubaldo.  

He's got an ERA of almost 7 as an Oriole.  

But I'd swap Miley for Tillman in that grouping.  Miley has been sneaky "not totally terrible" in the last 6 weeks or so. Three or fewer runs in 7 straight starts.  He's keeping them in the game at least.

Tillman on the other hand has been the worst pitcher on the staff, even worse than Ubaldo.

The bullpen for the O's has been awesome all season. Yes there have been bad games but given the innings they have to pitch and generally having a terrible starting rotation, they have helped save the season. 

I do wish the O's would not start Hellickson nor Tillman again. There is almost no reason to.

After the season, if I'm Oriole ownership, I call Manny reps into my office and I ask, "how much does Manny want to remain an Orioles?" When Manny's rep says, "he loves it here." O's ownership says, "we're prepared to make Manny the highest paid player in the league. How does 10/350M sound?"

That's what it will probably take.

30 minutes ago, DM72 said:

After the season, if I'm Oriole ownership, I call Manny reps into my office and I ask, "how much does Manny want to remain an Orioles?" When Manny's rep says, "he loves it here." O's ownership says, "we're prepared to make Manny the highest paid player in the league. How does 10/350M sound?"

That's what it will probably take.

I'm gonna start looking through your posts in this thread from June :) 

It's all about theatrics coming down the stretch for the MVP. It's like when Pedroia won the MVP. He had a strong couple months to close the season but otherwise should not have won it. Like Schoop should be in the conversation too but Manny is the household name for the O's. I'm sure Altuve and Trout will be in the conversation as well. 

Just looking at the schedules and the O's are really lucking out right now. O's will miss Kluber and Carrasco this weekend while later this month both Kluber and Carrasco are lined up to face the Angels and the Twins. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that the O's simply back into the 2nd wild card spot. 

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Manny wont be able to overcome the first half.  He was hitting .215 into July.  He's coming from too far back and all this display can do is barely get them the wildcard. 

As of right now, the MVP should probably be Altuve.

I generally agree, but Trout was hurt and he wins it when the Angels suck. 

Plus, Judge will probably win the rookie of the year despite sucking a lot since July. 

Archived