Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you happy the Cowboys lost?

wvuredskinsfan82

6 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Since the NFL went to a 22 team playoff format in 1990 the no 1 seeds' record is 22-5.  Two of those 5 losses have been by the Cowgirls.  

Nobody chokes in the spotlight like Jerruh's boys.

Is that just the NFC in the divisional round? Wonder what the record is in the AFC?

Happy? I'd say more relieved. Having Dallas in the SB or even NFC Champ Game would be frustrating. But I only REALLY care about the Redskins-- I don't like the Giants or Cowboys and I'm glad they are out, but I don't really get emotional about the Boys losing. 

Ive said it many times-- I live here. Been in heart of Cowboys country basically my entire life. They don't care about us-- little to no animosity towards Redskins or our fans so it is harder to conjure it up for them. 

Looks like the Cowboys are the first #1 seed to bow out in the divisional round since 2012 (Broncos on Flacco's bomb). But between 2005-12, 2009 was the only season that all the #1 seeds made it past the divisional round.

Marty actually pulled off losing as the #1 three times....two with KC and one with SD. Our fave coach Jeff Fisher has also done it twice.

I fell asleep on the couch, during the cowgirls game and my wife, who never watches football, woke me up saying that I was missing a great game. I said that I did not care who wins as I was so sick of hearing how great Dak was for a rook and I was even sicker of watching Rodgers pull plays out of his ass and I wished both teams could loose. Now, Monday morning morning I am happy the pukes lost and someone knocked that s--- eating grin off of their HC's face

I guess as a Redskins fan, you are supposed to enjoy when your traditional rivals stumble.   That said, I was much happier when the Giants were embarrassed by a streaking hot Packers team -- because of my feelings about Mara and what he has done in his NFL leadership roles to stack the deck for his own interests.

I saw Dallas playing a Packers team that was peaking at the right time with an offense perfectly tailored to attack Dallas' weaknesses.  I felt fortunate that Dallas stumbled out the gate, but even so. they eventually managed to catch up and make it an exciting game.  Exciting, but at least a game where the team I was hoping would win, did.

I really like the Packers' franchise, so I'm happy they won.  But even though Dallas is the Skins' traditional rival (and that there several folks I don't care for from that franchise) -- I have to acknowledge that the Cowboys showed that they were tough competitors and belonged in that playoff game.  (I hope this last sentence don't result in the revocation of my standing as a longtime Skins fan.)

For the future, I think Dallas will be part of a much tougher NFC-East -- the Skins will need to bring their "A"-game to beat them.  And that's okay with me, just as long as we beat them twice a year.

[Edit: Wow, this was my 3,000th post!  And considering how I like to make l-o-n-g posts, I suspect my body of work on ES now involves enough words to fill a small book.  I guess that happened because it's been so satisfying for me to be able to post my thoughts on ES, and test my views among its many very knowledgable members.]

Happy Schadefreude day/week/month/off season to everybody!

Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪd/; German: [ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʁɔʏ̯də] (13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png listen); lit. 'harm-joy') is pleasure derived from the misfortune of others. Borrowed from German into English and several other languages, it is a feeling of joy that comes from seeing or hearing about another person's troubles or failures. It is an expression of pleasure or self-satisfaction at another's failure.[1]

I was at Wegman's in Fredericksburg on Sunday afternoon and saw a ton of folks wearing Dallas gear....bet I don't see any for at least a month.

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I couldn't care less. I'd be perfectly happy if the Eagles Giants and Cowboys went 1-15 every year. The Patriots never have anyone worth a crap in their division and nobody takes anything away from them(nor should they).

Nah, the rivalries are much better when the teams in the division are playing well. And beating a 13-3 Cowboys in the playoffs feels MUCH better than beating a 1-15 Cowboys in the regular season.

Packers were getting injured left and right, and already were missing their no. 1 WR coming into the game. Their secondary was decimated going into it as well, and they lost guys there on top of it. 

Cowboys were pretty much entirely healthy and stayed that way throughout the game. 

They got some of the most egregious non-holding/pass interference calls you'll ever see to keep them in the game when they couldn't stop the Packers Offense early on. 

And Rodgers was inexplicably off with his deep balls, the worst one being that INT that kept them in the game that really should've been the nail in their coffin. 

Almost everything was perfectly setup for them to not only comeback, but win it, so I'm not as impressed as many are with them coming back. That's not to say what they did was completely unimpressive... they made some solid plays, but I don't agree with the idea that they were "close" or that they didn't necessarily choke. 

Again, they were at home with way more going their way than going the Packers' way. 

Their Oline and running game are deadly. If there's any drop off there next year, they'll suffer badly. If not, or if there's improvement (yikes), they'll be good. 

17 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

I was at Wegman's in Fredericksburg on Sunday afternoon and saw a ton of folks wearing Dallas gear....bet I don't see any for at least a month.

It's always that way.

When they are winning, you can't shake a stick without hitting someone wearing Cowboy gear.

When they lose (or are having a losing season), the FBI couldn't find a trace of them.

They are the biggest bunch of band-wagoners outside of Dallas.

Ha, well, I feel obligated to post in this thread because it looks as though I am the only member on ES, maybe in the entirety of ES history, that fits in my cross section.  My answer is no.  Nevermind was I upset about them losing, my dad essentially makes me a Cowboys fan in any circumstance where the Redskins aren't directly affected such as head to head matchups when the skins still have playoff hopes, or games that affect playoff chances in other ways once down the stretch. So, I'm rooting and am pumped up about the Cowboys *almost* as if they are my team when watching them.  The major difference is, other than empathizing for my dad after the loss, I don't get the gut wrenching sensation that you get as a true fan of a team when your season ends. 

Aaron Rodgers is absolutely ridiculous and might be the most incredible player in any sport, so I truly love watching him play anyway.  It's like watching Jordan or Mozart or Michelangelo type level of insanity when he's at his best.  Just better than everyone else. 

With that said, my family's final team remains in the playoffs, the Falcons, and now will have their shot to make it to the SB if they can somehow corral Rodgers.  The Falcons really are playing well and while Matty Ice always seems to thaw at the worst of times, they really are built properly for a SB run, much like the Steelers in the AFC, with serious threats all over the field on offense and just enough speed on D to not be entirely a pushover and capable of big plays.  It started off promising this year with the Redskins, Raiders, Cowboys, and Falcons all looking legit to various extents this year, but now I'm down to 1 team, and for the Falcons to win anything they have to beat 2 HOF qbs in a row, a tall order.  

Of course I'm happy about this, rookies don't win ***** in this league like I've been saying and **** the Cowboys, wish they lost by 100 but I will take an epic collapse like that. Hope that burns really good and real hot. Should make the band wagoning fans think they are on the verge of something and not get that this is the fourth time that they were 9-1 at one point in the season and still can not win a playoff game in those seasons. Stay proud this off season Cowboys haha don't let that sophomore slump coming scare you any hahahaha

Archived