Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanks for your support

ThePackisback

It was great to see the Packers win and get to the NFC championship game.  I've always liked that franchise.

However, Skins fans should note how Dallas came back after its poor start, and showed that it's a tough competitor.  I suspect the Skins will have a lot of hard-fought contests in the NFC-East over the next couple of seasons.

9 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Thanks 

now kindly **** off. I'm not over last season 

I'm sort of over it after we beat that ass back in November. After liking Rodgers most of his career up to wildcard weekend 2016, I kinda wanted him dead after that game.

Now, after getting revenge on GB and them dispatching the NFC East this postseason, I like him again.... But now I don't care what happens to them. They have served their purpose and aren't of any use to me now.

The Packers made me a very happy person for two weeks.......but, being perfectly honest I am rooting for Atlanta to go to the super bowl.  No real ill will towards the Pack, more that I want to see a team go that we haven't seen there.  I already have to deal with the fact that the AFC will once again be The Patriots or the Rapistburgers. 

Tale of two franchises:

Green Bay

1968-1991 (post-Lombardi to pre-Favre): 5 winning seasons, 15 losing seasons, 4 .500 seasons

1992-present: 21 winning seasons, 2 losing seasons, 2 .500 seasons

Washington

1969-1992 (Lombardi season to end of Gibbs 1): 19 winning seasons, 3 losing seasons, 2 .500 seasons

1993-present: 8 winning seasons, 13 losing seasons, 3 .500 seasons

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The Packers made me a very happy person for two weeks.......but, being perfectly honest I am rooting for Atlanta to go to the super bowl.  No real ill will towards the Pack, more that I want to see a team go that we haven't seen there.  I already have to deal with the fact that the AFC will once again be The Patriots or the Rapistburgers. 

The Steelers haven't been to the super bowl in 6 years. Seeing them in the super bowl for the AFC wouldn't be THAT bad. The packers haven't been to the super bowl since that same year. A rematch would be pretty fun. At the same time, I agree it would be cool seeing Atlanta in the super bowl. They haven't been to one in how long? 1990s I'm guessing? I'm fine with the super bowl being steelers vs either of the packers/Falcons. As long as the patriots don't go, I'm fine 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Dunno. For an opposing fan, your absurdly nice posts and self deprecation in regards to your team leads me to think that you subconsciously want us all dead.... :mellow:

If he's from Wisconsin, that would explain his niceness ? I don't think there's one mean person in that state ? My dad has stories about how when he was with the team, whenever they played in Green Bay, after the game the team busses would be leaving the stadium, and it's in a very residential neighborhood, so people would be lined up in their yards waving to the redskins and they'd be like "bye guys!! We enjoyed having ya here, come back again soon!!!" In their Wisconsin accents 

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If he's from Wisconsin, that would explain his niceness ? I don't think there's one mean person in that state ? My dad has stories about how when he was with the team, whenever they played in Green Bay, after the game the team busses would be leaving the stadium, and it's in a very residential neighborhood, so people would be lined up in their yards waving to the redskins and they'd be like "bye guys!! We enjoyed having ya here, come back again soon!!!" In their Wisconsin accents 

Your dad was with the team?  What did he do?

7 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

Thanks again to all Washington fans for your support of our football team! We really appreciate it and we owe you guys. I hope your rooting for us the rest of the way. It will be very tough to beat Atlanta in Atlanta.

When the NFL UK games happened this year, BBC aired a documentary on the Packers.

My Dad has spent YEARS hating on NFL, and not getting why I like it so much.

He happened to watch that documentary by chance, and LOVED the Packer ethos, the fact fans own the club and the fact that you play in yellow and green (same colours as our "soccer" team Norwich City).

So despite having a son who is a HUGE Redskins fan, the only person he knows with an NFL loyalty, he elected to support the Pack. It started out as a bit of a joke. Then he checked for your scores (albeit like 4 days after the game). Then he checked the scores and watched the highlights... He actually watched the game on Sunday, the whole thing, on his own at home. I can't tell you how little I ever expected to see my Dad watch a full NFL game. You know what? He actually enjoyed it too.

Much as it's to my chagrin that he's chosen the Packers, I'm STOKED he's finally seeing the light and getting into NFL.

I have a couple of buddies who support the Falcons, and I've always liked the Packers as a franchise, so I don't mind what happens this weekend, I'd be happy to see either go to the Superbowl. I will be 100% rooting for the NFC in the Superbowl though. Hate the Cheatriots and the Steelers.

Once the Skins didn't make the playoffs, these were the two teams in the playoffs that I'd hoped would be meeting each other for the NFC Championship.  It's almost a toss up for me on who I'd like to see prevail.  I've always liked the creativity of Kyle Shanahan's offenses, but I really admire the QB skills of Rodgers as well as some other Green Bay players.

My affinity for Wisconsin will probably win out, and so I expect I'll be leaning in favor of the Pack.  

But overall, I'm just going to relax on expectations, and simply sit back and enjoy watching two quality teams compete -- knowing that whoever wins will be a great representative for the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Archived