Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

6 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

If this were true, it would imply that Bruce assessed Kirk's worth to be considerably under the QB's asking price, and in order to come to this conclusion Bruce would need to possess enough football and talent acumen to render said opinion with any measure of authenticity. If Bruce felt he had it (or, more importantly, if Dan felt he had it), they would not have had brought in Scot. So with Bruce's shortcomings known to all, I doubt Kirk's fate will be determined solely on the merit of Bruce's judgment, therefore one of two things will happen: Kirk will sign a long-term deal soon or Bruce Allen will be relieved of his station.

Since when did Dan Snyder ever have a problem throwing money away?  This is what I don't get.  With even a mediocre D we do substantially better the last 2 years.  Throw in a LG and a #1 RB (even an average #1 RB, not a #1 #1 RB) and we're a contender, not a "coulda been a contender".  So NOW, Snyder gets cheap?  After paying scrubs starter $? 

16 minutes ago, carex said:

I am really sick of people deciding that on the negotiations the Redskins have somehow wronged Kirk

They have thus far.  The reported offer is $40 million guaranteed over 5 years.  He's going to make more than that this year and next year, whether it be in FA or if he gets tagged again.  Why would he ever accept that low ball offer?

11 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm assuming it has has to do with not selling seats like they would hope, though I have no proof of that.  I'm not sure.  I'm not under dan's desk.

:silly:

There is no mythical waiting list.  There was once during the glory years but hasn't been for years.

back when training camp was in Ashburn you had to use your email to get free tickets to camp.  That email was stored and used to bombard people with ticket sales.  I finally had to unsuscribe because it was so bad.

now...if the Redskins had that once mythical 70,000 waiting list and were pestering people like me to buy tickets, what happen to the waiting list?  

They removed seats and covered with Fedex color tarps just so they could claim sellouts and not have a regional TV blackout IMO.

with TV ratings dropping there is hope in the future because at some point teams will have to put a quality product out and will not be able to live solely off the billions in TV revenues they all share

1 hour ago, carex said:

I am really sick of people deciding that on the negotiations the Redskins have somehow wronged Kirk

It would appear you are really sick of any front office criticism.  

Most everyone that's even remotely knowledgeable disagrees with your opinions on nearly everything front office related.

At some point, you have to simply acknowledge that the masses are closer to the truth than you are.  While I understand that's depressing because we all want to believe in our team, it's simply the reality we live in.

Ugh I get back from Aruba yesterday and not only is the weather the complete opposite extreme here, but holy ****, what the **** happened to the Redskins last week?  This team is a bajillion times worse than ever thought.  My tone on KC signing a LTD at this point is out the window.  There is no reason he, let alone anyone, should want to play for this organization.

23 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

They have thus far.  The reported offer is $40 million guaranteed over 5 years.  He's going to make more than that this year and next year, whether it be in FA or if he gets tagged again.  Why would he ever accept that low ball offer?

because he should expect to make a hell of a lot more than the guarantee.

I'm not sure I buy it though.  Considering they have to have to pay him 24 mill guaranteed this year under the tag that means they'd only be offering the equivalent of 4 mil a year the other 4 years. 

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It would appear you are really sick of any front office criticism.  

Most everyone that's even remotely knowledgeable disagrees with your opinions on nearly everything front office related.

At some point, you have to simply acknowledge that the masses are closer to the truth than you are.

I have no reason to respect the opinions of the masses.  A lot of people believing something wrong does not make it true

4 minutes ago, carex said:

I have no reason to respect the opinions of the masses.  A lot of people believing something wrong does not make it true

Doubling down on your own ignorance won't make the situation any better.

The Redskins are like family to me.  I have bums in my family, I still love them but I can also acknowledge they are bums.  This is where we differ.

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Doubling down on your own ignorance won't make the situation any better.

The Redskins are like family to me.  I have bums in my family, I still love them but I can also acknowledge they are bums.  This is where we differ.

no, we differ in that you EXPECT them to be bums and automatically believe anything negative you hear about them.  the fans on this board have gone far beyond any sort of healthy or understandable skepticism.  Players are undervalued while here, overvalued once they seem to be on the way out.  Picka negative rumor it gets believed.  We're terrible because of GMSM losing, yet we're using his picks which are terrible.  Bruce Allen insists on a yes man, despite actively giving away power while here.  It's ridiculous

I like this part:

Cuz to Schefter: "The negotiation process in general has been v~ positive for me. I'm happy with how things have transpired so far."

Check that, Cuz did lump Allen in with Snyder as audience for trade "inquiry," but definitely did not address reported him-or-me ultimatum.

Cuz to Schefter: "If the season goes the way everyone wants it to, then let's hope I'm getting tagged again!"

Cuz to Schefter: "I want to play with Terrelle Pryor. I thought that was a very great acquisition."

1. Cousins confirmed on Schefter podcast that he "inquired" with Snyder about a trade. "Very positive conv~" and "I felt wanted."

Schefter asked Cuz the best and worst part about "playing in Washington." Best: iconic franchise/fan-base. Worse: traffic, cost of living.

38 minutes ago, carex said:

no, we differ in that you EXPECT them to be bums and automatically believe anything negative you hear about them.  the fans on this board have gone far beyond any sort of healthy or understandable skepticism.  Players are undervalued while here, overvalued once they seem to be on the way out.  Picka negative rumor it gets believed.  We're terrible because of GMSM losing, yet we're using his picks which are terrible.  Bruce Allen insists on a yes man, despite actively giving away power while here.  It's ridiculous

Apparently, we can see the elephant in the room and you are unable or unwilling to.  Give Kirk's numbers from the past two years to RG III.  Everyone who is honest will admit that Dan would be have wasted no time in making Robert the highest paid player in the history of the NFL.  It really is that simple.  Dan has never been tight in giving money to players that he likes (Deion, Brandon Lloyd, Archuletta, Haynesworth, D-Hall's first contract, and lately Josh Norman's).  Dan is the one who says yes or no when it comes to signing big deals.  We aren't stupid. 

For people like myself, our attitude about Cousin's contract is don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining.  If Dan wants to get this done he can do so.  He has the power to make Kirk feel "wanted."

His interview led me to believe he is willing to be here and prepared to leave if need be.  It is up to the Redskins to get this done.  Today's overpay will be a huge bargin in coming years. This is not a guy that is going to get his money and be content.  Nothing says stability in a franchise like a qb. Nothing.  Skins need stability.

Very disappointed in Mortenson here. I considered him one of he guys that stayed with verifiable information. Maybe a little slant but not this type of total distortion for attention. He has earned a lot of benefit of the doubt so I am going to assume he felt like it he had good information. But it's clear it was totally distorted to make the Redskins look bad and to pile on the Scot M. story.

"I felt very much supported and I felt the owner and the president of the team want me to be the QB there and want me to be the QB there for a long time." Que all the people saying "well what else is he going to say....."

Question for that camp: If you are willing to believe what else is Kirk going to say, why can't you also believe that Bruce and the team are doing what they need to in terms of negotiations?

Kirk sounded like a guy that understands this is a business. He knows the team wants him and he knows his agent is working the system to get the best deal he can get. This is exactly how negotiations like this goes.

Archived