Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC on Twitter, Gruden getting rid of ENTIRE defensive staff

Alaskins

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

There has been some speculation that something that may be keeping some of the DCs from wanting to be here. My personal take is that if true - that's a defeatist attitude. If you are thinking about what happens if you or even the rest of the team fails - then forget them. They do not need to be here any way.

I agree and I don't understand the theory going around that a team like the 49ers is more preferable because they are starting from scratch. That team just went through 3 coaching staffs over the last 3 seasons. Most of the teams looking for coaches now have fired coaches or coordinators within the last 2 seasons. So I don't buy that a coach would turn down DC over another franchise due to job security.

2 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

I agree and I don't understand the theory going around that a team like the 49ers is more preferable because they are starting from scratch. That team just went through 3 coaching staffs over the last 3 seasons. Most of the teams looking for coaches now have fired coaches or coordinators within the last 2 seasons. So I don't buy that a coach would turn down DC over another franchise due to job security.

While I hope that is not the case I can understand the though being a contractor myself for the government, I often find that one of the first things that make people choose a job is security.  I know many people that would choose a five year contract over a better paying one year deal with the hopes of an extension.  

20 minutes ago, TK said:

Kevin O’Connell is expected to become the Washington Redskins’ quarterbacks coach, a source told FOX Sports Friday.  He had been in the mix for some college co-offensive coordinator/QB coach jobs this winter.

Don't know anything about him, welcome aboard!! Cavanaugh is one helluva QB coach, and working alongside him in his more expanded role will be great tutelage for O'Connell as he grows as an offensive assistant.

12 minutes ago, dckey said:

While I hope that is not the case I can understand the though being a contractor myself for the government, I often find that one of the first things that make people choose a job is security.  I know many people that would choose a five year contract over a better paying one year deal with the hopes of an extension.  

Absolutely, I agree with job security being a top factor in deciding a job. My point was that some of these franchises like the 49ers, Rams, Jags, and Bills are not anymore stable than DC which was being implied by a few posters here.

1 minute ago, beachboy757 said:

Absolutely, I agree with job security being a top factor in deciding a job. My point was that some of these franchises like the 49ers, Rams, Jags, and Bills are not anymore stable than DC which was being implied by a few posters here.

I think that the perception of how long those coaches have would be 3 years, where Gruden might be gone next year depending on how we do.  Now lookin the history of the 49ers York will not give you that time but those other jobs are a little bit more stable then ours

2 minutes ago, dckey said:

I think that the perception of how long those coaches have would be 3 years, where Gruden might be gone next year depending on how we do.  Now lookin the history of the 49ers York will not give you that time but those other jobs are a little bit more stable then ours

I can somewhat agree with that. The Jags are definitely more stable and seem to give coaches and players several opportunities to succeed. The Rams are more stable too but did fire quite a few coordinators while Jeff Fisher kept his job. The Bills and 49ers have allowed the possession of the 90's/2000's Dan Snyder to enter their building. New hires at those locations I believe will only get a 1 or 2 years to show results.  As far as the Skins I don't believe this will be Jay's final season or maybe it's more of me not wanting that to happen and being a little bit in denial?! 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gus Bradley connection to Kyle Shanahan is recommendations from Dan Quinn, Raheem Morris. Very strong chance they work together with #49ers

So just as I thought, we're the #3 choice on Bradley's list. Therefore the only way we get him is if 1) Lynn gets ticked and gets someone else, and 2) Kyle fools everyone and gets his own man for DC. 

31 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

So just as I thought, we're the #3 choice on Bradley's list. Therefore the only way we get him is if 1) Lynn gets ticked and gets someone else, and 2) Kyle fools everyone and gets his own man for DC. 

I wouldn't want him at that point.  Not even sure if I want him now. 

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gus Bradley connection to Kyle Shanahan is recommendations from Dan Quinn, Raheem Morris. Very strong chance they work together with #49ers

Key point and great tweet.  Thanks SIP.  As I've stated give me Manusky, Tomsula, Pleasants or Thurmond for DB coach and if we could get John Pagano to come in as LB coach we'd have upgraded our D very nicely and I would be very happy.  Also we have KO as our LB coach so I didn't want anyone to think I was dissing him.:)  Love the guy.

Several players and others around the league have said they wouldn’t be surprised to see Manusky — because of his relationships established since joining the organization last offseason — land the position if Washington failed in its quest for Bradley.

Manusky served as defensive coordinator in San Francisco when McCloughan was general manager there roughly 10 years ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/01/20/gus-bradley-spurns-redskins-takes-job-as-chargers-defensive-coordinator/?tid=sm_tw_ps&utm_term=.c0dbd167e847

Archived