Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC on Twitter, Gruden getting rid of ENTIRE defensive staff

Alaskins

7 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

I don't think we ever had Wade lined up to come here. Bradely hasn't turned us down yet, he's being smart and trying to maximize his contract by creating a bid war. 

Vrabel, Crennel, Wilks, all blocked by their respective teams. 

So nobody has turned us down thus far IIRC.

Wade Phillips turned down Redskins because of talent

"The interview was set to take place on Friday, but Phillips, before making the trip to Redskins Park, accepted the defensive coordinator position for the Los Angeles Rams and new head coach Sean McVay, who was the former offensive coordinator of the Redskins."

"The Carolina Panthers promoted Steve Wilks, who the Redskins were granted permission to interview last week"

11 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

Edit

It's an assumption fueled by impatience. The overall talent doesn't make us the #1 destination for a DC, but there aren't a lot of opening and this team is actually a winning team where the DC just has to produce an average D for the team to be in the postseason. There may be some concern given the results will be expected season 1, but the majority of available cap space and draft picks are very likely going to the defense plus you already have an elite CB and some pass rush talent on the roster. Any DC who comes here and produces a decent D that helps team into the postseason is going to get HC consideration from others after a couple seasons.

I should have been clear that I do not buy it either, But if, and that's a big if, it's true, I don't want them. Just my thoughts.

26 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Our FO are all in on Bradley. He's got us by the balls and it's his call when to let go. It's nothing to do with due diligence, we are setting up plan b, plan c and plan d for when he lets us down.

Do have something to verify this or is just what you think? I have not seen anything here or anywhere that officially confirms this.

Just now, goskins10 said:

Do have something to verify this or is just what you think? I have not seen anything here or anywhere that officially confirms this.

No facts.

TK did suggest earlier we are waiting in Bradley. That's good enough for me to go off.

10 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Wade Phillips turned down Redskins because of talent

"The interview was set to take place on Friday, but Phillips, before making the trip to Redskins Park, accepted the defensive coordinator position for the Los Angeles Rams and new head coach Sean McVay, who was the former offensive coordinator of the Redskins."

"The Carolina Panthers promoted Steve Wilks, who the Redskins were granted permission to interview last week"

Wade was never in serious consideration for us. Rams poached him. That's the business. That's different then saying a bunch of people are just outright rejecting us. Wade was, per that report, initially going to interview. 

And I already pointed out Wilks' interview was blocked, and that is because Carolina promoted him. That's not a rejection.

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

No but the girl we said 'I love you' to hasn't said it back yet. She's checking on a few other guys before deciding if we're good enough.

How flattering.

Any one of us would do the same if we had 3 different employers competing to hire us. Wait on the best offer, get them to outbid each other.

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

What information do you have to know this would be a good thing (hiring Manusky)?  Not trying to be a jerk, just wondering what your reasoning is. 

1. Report: #49ers increase offer to Gus Bradley to become defensive coordinator (via @MaioccoCSN) http://bit.ly/2jWDE1D  #NFL

There's still a few teams looking for a DC. I really wish we'd just promote Manusky and hire Tomsula, Pagono and any of the other guys who might end up HCs somewhere else.

Bradley isn't happening. Let's get it done, locked up and get ready for the draft and FA.

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

There's still a few teams looking for a DC. I really wish we'd just promote Manusky and hire Tomsula, Pagono and any of the other guys who might end up HCs somewhere else.

Bradley isn't happening. Let's get it done, locked up and get ready for the draft and FA.

Couldn't agree more.  You've got to move in this league.  IMO, If Gruden waits this out and we lose out on Bradley and Tomsula signs with another team as DL coach, HE failed.  JMO, folks.

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I just don't want to suck anymore :mellow:.

I can live with average

I'm soooooo going to hold you to this broskie. Like, it's bookmarked and ****. You're finished this upcoming season! :ols::P 

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Couldn't agree more.  You've got to move in this league.  IMO, If Gruden waits this out and we lose out on Bradley and Tomsula signs with another team as DL coach, HE failed.  JMO, folks.

Too far man. 

We're not getting Bradley. Let that go. Losing Tomsula as the DL coach isn't the end of the world either, but I do want him.

This is the most professional ive seen the Skins act in a very long time. Its refreshing. 

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Too far man. 

We're not getting Bradley. Let that go. Losing Tomsula as the DL coach isn't the end of the world either, but I do want him.

This is the most professional ive seen the Skins act in a very long time. Its refreshing. 

I also believe we are not getting Bradley but Manusky and Tomsula to me work together well with their chemistry together in SF when he was DC. 

12 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

I'm soooooo going to hold you to this broskie. Like, it's bookmarked and ****. You're finished this upcoming season! :ols::P 

I've been hopingfor 5 years. Words would not describe my happiness to read through several pages of people screaming at each other because we're just middle of the road. It would warm my heart

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

I've been hopingfor 5 years. Words would not describe my happiness to read through several pages of people screaming at each other because we're just middle of the road. It would warm my heart

Yeeeeaaaahhh... mmmmmhhhmmmmmm. It's easy for all of us to say that during the offseason. I'm just saying... there's about a 90% chance I'm going to annoy the crap out of you at some point next season with this. Mwa ha. :D   :P 

2 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Yeeeeaaaahhh... mmmmmhhhmmmmmm. It's easy for all of us to say that during the offseason. I'm just saying... there's about a 90% chance I'm going to annoy the crap out of you at some point next season with this. Mwa ha. :D   :P 

I run from no man.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I run from no man.

:ols: 

Let me make it clear... I'm not predicting anything, this coaching search doesn't mean much to me. I'm waiting on FA/draft to really get a feel where this is going. 

But, I know you. IF they're middle of the road, there's going to be some point in the season where you go off on them. You can't help it. And then I'm going to come out of nowhere like: 

1483.gif

It's been 15 days and nobody has any idea what's going on at Redskins  park.  I love the sound of that.  It's so different than the Zorn hire where there was a Redskins 1 tracker thread, so many rumors floating around,  a guy hired then rescinded because of the fan reaction. Both the Gibbs and Shanny hires, and I think the Spurrier hires were things worked out behind the scenes and suddenly we have a legend coach who's going to restore our franchise. Now we're actually going through this practice.  I can't remember,  but did we even do this with Turner? Shotty? This may be the first (second) legit hiring process since Gibbs 1. That's a long time.  

I'm tired of hiring people (coaches,  free agents,  general managers,  consultants,  etc) thinking that they'll be the "magic piece". Somebody compared the Bradley thing to us saying "I love you" and him saying something like "let me get back to you".

I compare it to us going out on a bunch of first dates. Some may get a second,  but so far none have been knock your socks off.  So why commit? To have a date for the senior bowl? To please fans? Because we're afraid people will talk bad about us? 

But the alternative is much worse. Let's say we continue to wait and get an opportunity to interview with one of the guys in the playoffs who really would blow us out of the water (McVay type). Why rush just to have a name? 

12 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

:ols: 

Let me make it clear... I'm not predicting anything, this coaching search doesn't mean much to me. I'm waiting on FA/draft to really get a feel where this is going. 

But, I know you. IF they're middle of the road, there's going to be some point in the season where you go off on them. You can't help it. And then I'm going to come out of nowhere like:

Don't worry. If they're middle of the road and still give up several game winning drives, I'll just bash Kirk and the offense for not scoring more :D

8 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

But the alternative is much worse. Let's say we continue to wait and get an opportunity to interview with one of the guys in the playoffs who really would blow us out of the water (McVay type). Why rush just to have a name? 

Yup... this may be the homer in me talking, but what I'm seeing is that the majority of panic that has ensued due to this search has been almost entirely based on speculation. There isn't anything actually REAL that people can point to as a problem... just what they perceive based on a lack of info. Well, other than Wade being an ahole and telling Chuck what he did just to get us back, lol.

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

So we hired Kevin O'Connell to become our new QB coach.  Who is that?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/washington-redskins-set-to-name-quarterbacks-coach-012017

Kevin O’Connell is expected to become the Washington Redskins’ quarterbacks coach, a source told FOX Sports Friday.  He had been in the mix for some college co-offensive coordinator/QB coach jobs this winter.

The 31-year-old O’Connell spent the 2016 season with the San Francisco 49ers working on special projects after spending the 2015 season as the quarterbacks coach with the Cleveland Browns.

The former San Diego State star, a four-time team captain, began his NFL career with the New England Patriots backing up Tom Brady. O’Connell spent five seasons in the NFL and later helped develop high school and college quarterbacks and has worked as a coach as part of the Elite 11 QB program.

So that's what they were calling Kaperdouche... :ols:

Archived