Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you want McVay back in 2017???

Renegade7

Do you want Sean McVay back as Redskins OC in 2017???  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Sean McVay back as Redskins OC in 2017???

Man the Redskins front office is so effing dumb

We've already lost the best offensive coordinator in the NFL (Shanahan)

Now we are about to lose the best young coordinator with McVay

Kirk will leave to follow McVay where he will have a stud running back and 0 expectations in a weak ass division

And the Redskins will have to start from scratch because Jackson and possibly Garcon will leave if Kirk isnt here so we will need to rebuild the Defense AND the offense.

I hope I'm wrong but this is what it looks like

Thanks GSM

19 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he has the choice of the Niners or Rams tbh. Shame its not looking good for us retaining him.

I just took a look at the list of candidates for both teams, and that would mean he really did crush the interview process all along.

49ers have interviewed (or will do in the upcomings days):

- Sean McDermott

- Josh McDaniels

- Anthony Lynn

- Vance Joseph

- Kyle Shanahan

- Tom Cable

Rams:

- Terryl Austin

- Mike Vrabel

- Kyle Shanahan

- Josh McDaniels

- Matt Patricia

- Anthony Lynn

- Doug Marrone

- Harold Goodwin

- Steve Wilks

source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000767531/article/coaching-tracker-the-latest-on-interviews-moves

There's some great coaches out there, and for McVay to beat them all would tell much about the kid.

When I look at this list, I'm not sure I want to lose him.

McVay must have talked big game about what he can do for Goff. I'm guessing that's the biggest reason why they want him. They went the stout defense rout and got nowhere. Now lets try the west coast offense with a kid from California.

I'll be happy for him if he gets the job. Gruden is an offensive HC. The DC hire, and our qb situation and acquiring talent on the D are biggest X Factors this offseason.

Per PFT:

The Rams are apparently serious about Sean McVay.

According to Tom Pelissero of USA Today, the Rams have conducted a second interview with the Washington offensive coordinator, indicating things are beginning to move a bit more quickly for them.

McVay earned plenty of praise for his work with quarterback Kirk Cousins, and considering any coach the Rams hire is going to be tasked with turning Jared Goff into the kind of passer you trade a basket full of picks for, that’s clearly a point of emphasis for them.

The 30-year-old McVay has also interviewed with the 49ers.

Rams' front office is SO L.A.

- First they draft the QB who looks like Ryan Gosling over the guy who had far better mechanics/athleticism/football IQ coming out of college.  Goff ran a gimmicky offense and has been babied by his coaches since Pop Warner-- but the Rams' chose the guy who doesn't know where the sun rises and who will look great on the red carpet.

- Then, Hard Knocks.

- Now they want to hire a "hot-up-and-coming-offensive-mastermind" with zero HC experience who just ONE YEAR AGO was recorded by NFL Network asking Cousins what they should do DURING the game.  ("I'm learning."  Was his exact quote before Kirk basically admitted that he was calling the shots + it was working.)

Does anyone really think this guy is ready to coach an entire roster of players?  How about run a successful offense with Goff throwing the ball?

It's in Les Snead's best interest to hire a young kid who won't fire him like 95% of capable/veteran coaches would end up doing.  McVay will set his own career back immensely (much like Josh McDaniels did) if he joins a mega-market franchise and gets chased out quickly.  This is another hilarious move by the Hollywood Rams and it feels good knowing that our FO is no longer making crazy decisions like this.

On 1/1/2017 at 8:52 PM, Bacon said:

No. I think a completely average football mind could get our offensive talent to produce. McVay calls the offense like he's playing Madden. Jump ball to DJax from the 1! 40 yard pass attempt on 3rd and 1! And when he does run, the designs are completely unimaginative, telegraphed or outright illogical. Chris Thompson up the gut in a jumbo package, yeah!

Now that is a good post!  But it works in madden! 

2 hours ago, zskins said:

Maybe the OP should change the thread title to: Is Sean McVey coming back? :ols:

I'll think about it.  Again, I want someone to hire him.  I don't use the word frustrated lightly, and that's exactly what that offense was last year in the redzone and run design.  No doubt in my mind Jay and Callahan can come up with a better run design and redzone calls.

5 hours ago, Bobby Peppers said:

Per PFT:

The Rams are apparently serious about Sean McVay.

According to Tom Pelissero of USA Today, the Rams have conducted a second interview with the Washington offensive coordinator, indicating things are beginning to move a bit more quickly for them.

McVay earned plenty of praise for his work with quarterback Kirk Cousins, and considering any coach the Rams hire is going to be tasked with turning Jared Goff into the kind of passer you trade a basket full of picks for, that’s clearly a point of emphasis for them.

The 30-year-old McVay has also interviewed with the 49ers.

Image result for antonio banderas computer gif

I don't really want to lose McVay. Part of the reason is he's very young, but has demonstrated some real talent. I see him getting better and would like him to do it here. Frankly, I also am not sure he's ready to be a HC. He's only been an OC for two years and he's pretty darn young. 

Like many, I was frustrated with our run game and our red zone offense, but I think that's fixable. I suspect the run balance problem has more to do with Gruden than McVay. I think it's just a philosophical thing. OTOH, if they look back at the tape and our honest with themselves they will see that even with an ineffective run game the team did so much better when they churned out those two and three yard runs instead of going all pass.

With the shocking news that the Chargers are playing in LA next year I think it helps us keep him. He isn't that splashy of a name to garner interest to take away from that news and more of a question mark to me. The Rams will pick a name to coach to make headlines in my opinion

Archived