Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you want McVay back in 2017???

Renegade7

Do you want Sean McVay back as Redskins OC in 2017???  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Sean McVay back as Redskins OC in 2017???

21 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

With the shocking news that the Chargers are playing in LA next year I think it helps us keep him. He isn't that splashy of a name to garner interest to take away from that news and more of a question mark to me. The Rams will pick a name to coach to make headlines in my opinion

It isn't shocking news lol, everyone has known the Chargers would end up in LA for at least 6 months, probably more than that. Its only official now but it was basically a certainty. 

17 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

All of those discussions are supposed to take place in the Twitter thread.  Tell 'em Alvin sent ya.  

trying to get people in trouble? :P 

38 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

With the shocking news that the Chargers are playing in LA next year I think it helps us keep him. He isn't that splashy of a name to garner interest to take away from that news and more of a question mark to me. The Rams will pick a name to coach to make headlines in my opinion

they are? haven't seen that headline yet, the only thing I saw on nfl.com today was that the relocation option deadline was moved to this upcoming Tuesday. they have not decided to move to LA yet, nothing has happened.

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

It's Gof, without the L #Caddyshack

I don't think McVay is ready for a head gig but more power to him if he can land it. Cooley must be a reference on his bare resume.

McVay has come up under the Shanahans and the Grudens and worked under multiple respected FO guys. In comparison to those references, nobody cares about the opinion of a radio show host who was a pretty good football player years ago.

Interestingly, Dianna Russini doesn't think he's a good hire right now. That's not a unique perspective, given his age, but she saw him up close and personal and possibly used him as a source for years while she covered the Redskins, and generally (despite the unavoidable sexism she brings out in some) she's pretty knowledgeable and bright.

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

trying to get people in trouble? :P 

they are? haven't seen that headline yet, the only thing I saw on nfl.com today was that the relocation option deadline was moved to this upcoming Tuesday. they have not decided to move to LA yet, nothing has happened.

They're announcing it officially tomorrow, Schefter reported it. You gotta google this stuff before making knowledgeable sounding posts lol

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

They're announcing it officially tomorrow, Schefter reported it. You gotta google this stuff before making knowledgeable sounding posts lol

all I saw was what was on nfl.com as of this afternoon, and NFL is pretty reliable. checked again like 5 minutes ago after I saw the post by @bobandweave, and nothing new had been posted. I assumed he was just guessing that's what the league would end up deciding on Tuesday :huh: the conversations must have been a pretty huge turnaround I guess to go from "deadline moved to Tuesday the 17th" to announcing it tomorrow, so congrats to the chargers for getting it done. the skins will be in LA twice next season then.

watch the league screw us and have us playing in LA back to back weeks...that would suck.

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

watch the league screw us and have us playing in LA back to back weeks...that would suck.

Wouldn't that be better since you can just stay out there? Having an East coast game in the middle would be way worse, travel and time wise.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Wouldn't that be better since you can just stay out there? Having an East coast game in the middle would be way worse, travel and time wise.

true I think a few teams have done that in the past. didn't dallas do that in 2014? I remember making some joke about it on facebook...they ended up winning though so people got a few laughs at me for it

I think it is the kind of move the Rams might go for ... youngest ever head coach ... create some Buzz . I could see him dragging wade Philips from Denver too might be a great thing for him . If I was him I would rather do something when I am thirty and regret it later than never do it 

Don't forget that the Rams are a pretty solid job. There owner showed extreme patient with Jeff 'worst NFL coach ever' and there D has some good young pieces. The only question is ''do you believe in Golff'', if you don't you don't sign there...if you do then this team has everything. Franchise QB, franchise RB and above average D. Get a good o-line and find some WR's and you might be able to turn it into a winner quickly. 

And people on this forum keep telling me that California is a pretty nice place to life. ;)

Personally I would try to get a diverent GM. The current one is to much a swing for the fenches guy. Take high risk on extreme high upside guys and big trades. Also a lot of guys with some charachter question marks. I think what they now need a two or three unsexy drafts. Get just good long term starters to fill some key spots on the roster and bring depth. 

• TK locked this topic

Archived